"Live" from HH

WebmasterDoc

DIS Veteran
We arrived this afternoon about 2:00pm at HH. Our room wasn't yet ready, so we went to Giuseppi's for lunch and the room was ready when we returned.

We are in a studio in the lodge- top floor- marsh view for our 1st 2 nights. We move to a 2BR on Sunday.

The housekeeping staff was very busy today- there were 49 checkouts this morning (the resort was full last night) and 49 check-ins this afternoon. It is full all week. (There are a total of 102 villas)

There is a great activity schedule with lots of July 4th activities. We plan to attend the Welcome Home Celebration on Sunday, but it appears that the "Mick's Ear" party is not on the agenda for this week.

There will be fireworks Tuesday evening as well as on the 4th. Shannon Tanner is again performing at the Shelter Cove bandshell across at the marina and Scott's has live entertainment as usual tonight.

All is well! :)

Thanx for the report, Doc! It sounds like a lot of fun to be there during prime season, especially the 4th...:cool:

We just missed you Doc. We were one of the 49 check outs this morning---maybe even the first one as we left at 6:30. We had a wonderful 5 days with perfect weather the entire week. Hope that you have a chance to talk with Bryan this week before he leaves. We did the beach walk, marsh walk and Pickney Island Refuge walk with him. Gordon told us that he was preparing dinner for you later this week. We had a wonderful time with him last Wednesday evening.

It was hard to come home but since we leave for a Mediterranean cruise on July 3rd, I guess we can't complain.

Have a wonderful week!

Hope you have a great week! I'm sorry to see Bryan leave the resort, but I totally understand why! He is fantastic! We made sure to tell Disney how great he was, as well as Matt.

Maybe one of these years we will actually be there over the 4th, but it WDW this year and fireworks at MK!

We'll be there Sunday evening. Planning on taking in most of the actities. Hope to see you there.

Have a great stay. We'll be there in a couple of weeks and are REALLY looking forward to it. Our DS3 already is wearing his propeller hat in anticipation of Shannon Tanner's show. A nice walk over to Shelter Cove.

We will be there Sunday evening as well. We might even be checking into your studio room...so no gummi bear leftovers! :teeth:

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
We arrived this afternoon about 2:00pm at HH. Our room wasn't yet ready, so we went to Giuseppi's for lunch and the room was ready when we returned.)
How was it. We have yet to make it there. I hear my favorite pizza place closed. It was called Dune's Pizza and was across the street from HH dinner in that office complex beside Charlie's and Santa Fe. I think there's another pizza place there though. Have you tried Wild Wings?

I'm sorry to hear that Dunes closed! :(

We love Giuseppi's. It's right nearby (in the complex with Piggly Wiggly-opposite end) and also offers a 10% DVC discount. Great place for pizza and a beer (or two).

We have not been to Wild Wings- we'll put that on our list! Thanks for the suggestion!

Originally posted by WebmasterDoc
I'm sorry to hear that Dunes closed! :(

We love Giuseppi's. It's right nearby (in the complex with Piggly Wiggly-opposite end) and also offers a 10% DVC discount. Great place for pizza and a beer (or two).

We have not been to Wild Wings- we'll put that on our list! Thanks for the suggestion!
My partner was at HH over the May holiday and he said Dunes had closed but thought there was another pizza place there now. Have you tried the other Giuseppi's? We are not big wings people and just love WW. They have wings that are more baked than fried and without all the breading if I recall correctly. They have about 33 or so different sauces and you can get a sampler of 25 with up to 5 different flavors. It will be our first stop next Sat when we arrive before checking in with Marriott.

We have been beating around where to go for our anniversary which is tomorrow but we will wait and formally celebrate at HH. It looks like Charleston's is going to be the winner with Fitzgerald's a possibility. Have never been to Charleston's but have heard many good things though I hear they no longer have the crab cakes they were so famous for.

Just in case anyone asks how long we've been married you might get anyone of these answers:
  1. 7 of the happiest years of my life. My wife might say 5 if she wanted to get me back.
  2. Too long.
  3. Over half our lives.
  4. 23 years.
  5. Not much longer (if my wife reads this thread).
    [/list=1] LOL, she usually hits me on the arm about this point but she's not here to do so which means this one will be a freebie unless any of you call and tell her.

Glad you made it to HH safe and sound. I'm sad to hear that Mick's "Ears" is not on the schedule. :( I wonder if it because of July 4th activities? Oh well......many more fun things to do! :bounce:

We love going to Guiseppi's. They have a nice T-shirt. My DS bought one while we were there and they gave him the 10% DVC discount too. Try the gumbo at Scott's if you need a quick bite some afternoon....Yummy-best we ever had!

Have a great week!!
Karen

We arrive on Sunday also. That happens to be my son's birthday so he gets to choose the agenda that night.

mom2boys-
Your DS might like the Pirate Golf next to the HH diner. My kids really enjoyed it. There is a coupon through their internet site for a free round of golf for a child with a paying adult. Hope he has a great birthday.
Doc-
I always enjoy your daily updates whenever your on a DVC trip!!
Hope everyone there has a great 4th of July. Can't believe it's been almost a month since we were there.:cool:

Originally posted by benhannah's mom
mom2boys-
Your DS might like the Pirate Golf next to the HH diner. My kids really enjoyed it. There is a coupon through their internet site for a free round of golf for a child with a paying adult. Hope he has a great birthday.
Doc-
I always enjoy your daily updates whenever your on a DVC trip!!
Hope everyone there has a great 4th of July. Can't believe it's been almost a month since we were there.:cool:
Do you have the URL for the free golf, we'll be there with younsters who would enjoy this.

Anyone have a recent preferred restaurant list? It looks like the one on Tommy's site is about 3 years old.

Here's the link for the site-
http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/piratesisland/
The gentleman at the counter tried to tell us it wasn't a valid coupon. When we told him we got off the internet site, he let us use it. We had a coupon for each child and adult. We paid seperately. There were signs around the parking lot saying not to leave any valuables in your car (purse,camera, etc.) because there had been an increase in car breakins lately on the island. It was the only sign I saw like that the whole week. :cool:

Originally posted by benhannah's mom
Here's the link for the site-
http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/piratesisland/
The gentleman at the counter tried to tell us it wasn't a valid coupon. When we told him we got off the internet site, he let us use it. We had a coupon for each child and adult. We paid seperately. There were signs around the parking lot saying not to leave any valuables in your car (purse,camera, etc.) because there had been an increase in car breakins lately on the island. It was the only sign I saw like that the whole week. :cool:
Thanks.

Hi! Thanks for the reports! I'm wondering about your room location. I think the top floor of the main lodge is the best-we were in a 1 BR there a few months ago. Did you ask to be in that location? Trying to guage the probability of getting it again if we ask for it. Anyone else with experience of getting specific room requests met at HH?

Originally posted by Dean
Anyone have a recent preferred restaurant list? It looks like the one on Tommy's site is about 3 years old.

Here is the current list in our Welcome Home packet:

Del Vecchio's - 10% DVC discount
Giuseppi's - 10%
Hilton Head Brewing - 10%
Old Oyster Factory - 10%
P.J's New York Deli - 15%
Scott's Fishmarket - 10%
Boathouse II - 10%
Charley's Crab - 10%
Brick Oven Cafe - 10%
Jazz Corner - 10%
Redfish Restaurant - 10%
Antonio's - 10%
CQ's - 10%
Harbourmaster - 10%
Alexander's - 10%
Old Fort Pub - 10%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter