"Live" from HH

Thanks Doc, I didn't mean for you to have to type it in though. Your sharing is appreciated.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Hi! Thanks for the reports! I'm wondering about your room location. I think the top floor of the main lodge is the best-we were in a 1 BR there a few months ago. Did you ask to be in that location? Trying to guage the probability of getting it again if we ask for it. Anyone else with experience of getting specific room requests met at HH?

I had requested non-smoking, marsh view, upper floor and got all of those requests met.

I'd stay away from asking for specific rooms, since there are so few at the resort. There are only 4 studios (and 4 1BR's) that meet the requests I made. If I had narrowed it further, I would have really been set up for disappointment.

I didn't specifically request the lodge area- since there are no studios or 1BR's that meet my requests in any of the other buildings, I didn't feel the need for that request. Most Studios and 1BR villas have an island view and only those in building 11 (Lodge) are higher than the first floor (others are beneath a GV). None of the studios and 1BR's in building 12 have a marsh view (although most do have a glimpse of the marsh and these do get to see fireworks), but we would have no view of the fireworks from our room.

We move to a 2BR tomorrow and will report on requests met after getting settled. (I did make a request for one of several buildings- so we'll see what happens there!)

More later!

Oh, I wish I was there! Enjoy your meal with Gordon. We did A Private Affair in April for the second time. Just as wonderful as the first. Gordon recommended to us a place called Just Pasta. We went there, and it was excellent. You choose the type of pasta and the type of sauce -- everything was fresh and delicious. It was a small place though, we went early and got in with no problem, but it filled up fast. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the report. We will be there in a week for the first time. I can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Each morning, we go to the Beach House at about 7:30 and take a long beach walk, a swim in the ocean followed by a dip in the beach house pool.

Since we were switching from the studio to a 2BR today we stopped at the desk on our way to the beach and....or room was ready for us! :) :) The CM asked if we were packed and ready to move and I told him we could be out in 30 minutes! We were completely moved by 8:15am and then went to the beach!

I had requested building 13, 29 or 31 and we have a top floor villa in building 13- right next to the lodge. We didn't even have to move the car- we still park in the garage.

I'll assume the resort was not 100% filled last night and this villa was empty, but we were thrilled with the opportunity to have a room ready without having to plan to be homeless until 4pm.

The fireworks barge is moored about 100 yards off the resort- right in front of our room- so we have a primo spot for the fireworks Tuesday evening- after our "Private Affair" dinner.

Life is good!! :)

Hey Doc - glad you're having fun! Do you know where Bryan (the naturalist guy) is going? He was great with our kids and we were hoping to see him again. Happy 4th!

Originally posted by Boo Mc
Hey Doc - glad you're having fun! Do you know where Bryan (the naturalist guy) is going? He was great with our kids and we were hoping to see him again. Happy 4th!

We're just back from the "Welcome Home Celebration". It was packed! Refreshments, games and information booths were set up for members to visit and enjoy.

One booth was run by Chef Gordon, who was pouring lemonade, preparing popcorn and dishing out pretzels, raisins and M&Ms.

Another booth was run by Shadow and B'Lou Crabbe. Shadow's Disney age is between 8 and 12- but chronologically, she is 11 1/2.

Another booth provided information about the environment and was run by Bryan, the resort naturalist. In talking with Bryan, I learned that he will be spending the next two years working on a master's degree in environmental education at the University of Florida. He hopes to find a place with Disney or a large aquarium or zoo after getting the MS. His replacement, Chris, is currently on staff at AK and Bryan will be training him during the next few weeks.

My dog, Lucky, is also a Golden Retriever and he is 11 1/2. We have to visit Shadow next year.

Just have to figure out when in the summer to go. It seems that July 4th is completely packed. Any better time to go? What about last 2 weeks in August? Lower points and less crowd? Is the weather better or worse?

Doc, have a great time!!!!!

It's still pretty busy in late August but, since many schools are back in session, there may be more availability.

Weather will still be warm at that time- very similar what it is right now. The ocean will be like bath water! Ocean temps are 82 right now and will be about 86 by late August/early Sep.

Shadow LOVES attention and was drawing a big crowd today!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter