Live from the Disney Magic - DVC Upgrades for Cash

TnRobin

The prodical child
Hi guys,

I posted this on the Cruise Board, but apparently it did not take when I tried to post this here.

Background: I had booked a Cat 9 (window cabin) using points for me and hubby and had paid cash for Matthew. I wanted a veranda cabin (Cat 7, 6, and 5) but just did not have enough points.

When I arrived at the terminal to check in, I asked the CM to see if I could pay the cash difference between a Cat 9 and one of the veranda cabins. She told me very nicely to check with the supervisor at the end of the counter. I did this and am now the proud occupant of a Cat 5 veranda cabin for only $350. The supervisor told me this was always an option if they had your desired catagory available. The price of course will differ based on your cruise dates.

I do not reccommend booking a lesser cabin than you want in hopes of paying cash to upgrade at the terminal. If you do this, you may find that the cabin you want is not available or not in as good a location as you would want. This cruise is no where near capacity and I only had a few cabins to choose from.

Will try to check in again in a few days.

See ya

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter