Live shows - any updates on when they will return?

I keep reading reports that things are way more crowded now than the were when the parks first opened back up. But, when I check wait times throughout the day, there are still plenty things with 5-15 min waits. We were there that first week & wait times seem pretty similar to what they were that first week. Am I missing something?

I keep reading reports that things are way more crowded now than the were when the parks first opened back up. But, when I check wait times throughout the day, there are still plenty things with 5-15 min waits. We were there that first week & wait times seem pretty similar to what they were that first week. Am I missing something?

Yes. :) Josh at easywdw collects every wait time every day, processes the data, and explains it multiple times per week. Wait times are growing quickly and forcefully, especially at HS.

This blog and the charts within are very helpful—wait times section.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/walt-disney-world-wait-times-and-news-for-9-23-20/

Ehhh - I get it. I don't care to watch actors or singers that are wearing a mask.
I agree. Seeing a show with performers in masks would be so much more delightful than no show at all. Reports are many of them we’re re-blocked, so I don’t really get it either. With holiday crowds coming soon, they need to open at least a few of the shows. Physically intense ones would no doubt be difficult and unlikely at the moment (FOTLK, Indiana Jones come to mind)

I agree. Seeing a show with performers in masks would be so much more delightful than no show at all. Reports are many of them we’re re-blocked, so I don’t really get it either. With holiday crowds coming soon, they need to open at least a few of the shows. Physically intense ones would no doubt be difficult and unlikely at the moment (FOTLK, Indiana Jones come to mind)
All the theater shows with the exception of the frozen sing along are physically intense. And the citizens of Hollywood would create a crowd that would need ground markers
At least we know VoL are returning in November
They could easily bring monsters and crush back

We were there from 9/10-9/18. Everything was 40+ minute wait on Friday-Sunday. M-Th was basically walk on.

All the theater shows with the exception of the frozen sing along are physically intense. And the citizens of Hollywood would create a crowd that would need ground markers
At least we know VoL are returning in November
They could easily bring monsters and crush back
Yes I was wondering about monsters & turtle talk too. They should be easy to do.

Universal has live singing performances - ie frog choir - if they can do it, Disney can if they desire. They prob are trying to keep expenses down now.
You hit the nail on the head, and it worries me that Disney will see that the people came with or without the live entertainment and knowing how Disney likes to cut that area, we might never get them back. I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

turtle talk for sure would be doable since it's just one voice actor. Monsters it would depend on the size of their audio room since they have a couple of voice actors to do that show
As I watch DW work in the dining room, I’m picturing a Monsters, Inc show set up like a ZOOM meeting, almost like the opening scene of Muppets Now. I don’t know why it’s so funny to me, but I thought I’d share.
It would be really hard to do, and the technical glitches could become a real nightmare, but they could theoretically have the voice actors in a couple different rooms offsite (or off-building is a better term). Probably not worth the (hopefully) temporary fix when the holiday entertainment offerings will probably draw enough crowds for now.

Frog Choir, et al at Universal are in face masks. That’s a factor in Disney not bringing them back, as well. For some reason Disney doesn’t want performers in them.
I get the characters for M&G, but I’d rather see a live show than not.

When I saw Celstnia and the banshees the other month, they were not wearing masks. It shouldn’t be optional. M&G’s can be done too. Universal figured it out. Characters are on stages, behind fences, etc with a sticker on the ground showing you where to stand. Face characters have masks, which is how it should be.

Disney announced they’re bringing the Frozen sing along back. Been discussed elsewhere on here.

Been in WDW for 3 days. I'd say the crowd levels are about the same as the lowest I've ever seen previously. Meaning, all things considered, it seems pretty crowded.

While I was in Hollywood Studios 2 days ago they had put down physically distanced queue stickers for the Frozen sing along. So that will likely be back very shortly.

Without the shows, visiting the parks just doesn't feel quite the same. I've got a 9 day trip in November that we're going to shave 2-3 days off of. The parks definitely lose some life and energy.

Been in WDW for 3 days. I'd say the crowd levels are about the same as the lowest I've ever seen previously. Meaning, all things considered, it seems pretty crowded.

While I was in Hollywood Studios 2 days ago they had put down physically distanced queue stickers for the Frozen sing along. So that will likely be back very shortly.

Without the shows, visiting the parks just doesn't feel quite the same. I've got a 9 day trip in November that we're going to shave 2-3 days off of. The parks definitely lose some life and energy.
it was announced about a week ago that Frozen sing along is returning today, getting ready to go myself and live stream the first show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter