Loews Sapphire Falls Resort - Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are sectioned into houses. I picked up a resort map from the front desk. It is printed much smaller than CB and it isn't as detailed, I had to ask where the DSA were as they aren't on the map.

DSA?? what's that?

squirrel, I just posted where they are in regards to to the pool and tower 2 and the boat dock and strong water tavern. I don't know where they are in regards to tower 1 or 3..

just got home today from disney.. we stayed at SFR before our disney stay. reporting back.

I am happy to say there are quite a few DSAs at this resort. in the pool area there is one near guest house 2 (where we stayed.) it is not too far from the pool bar, around a building with many umbrella tables. on the other side of the pool, near guest houe 1 there is a DSA not far from the cabana where you pick up the towels.

there was also a DSA outside one of the pool entrances from guest house 2. ( I don't know much about the other 2 guest houses.) and a DSA not far from the waterfall viewing area by guesthouse 2.

as you walk to the boat dock, (which is near guest house 3) you will pass a deck outside the Amatista restaurant. there is a table there that is a DSA so you can stop for a smoke on the way to or from the boat dock.. (it's set off, so as not to interfere with guests going and coming to the dock.)

also there is a deck outside of strong water tavern and the entire deck allows smoking. (amatista is on level 1. the tavern is on level 4, same as the lobby)
they told us there was one outside the main entrance, but my husband never used that one.

we gt a great room on level 2 (which in the pool level) not far from the elevator and a straight shot to a few pool entrances. nebo quickly found the one with the dsa. and it wasn't a long complicated walk to.. which would become.. "our" table. lol due to h is low vision. straight shots are important. he could walk thusly."put the garbage can on your left, the towel return on your right turn left and head for the wall" and a couple loungers by the table (the middle table of 3) once "our" table lol was taken! gasp!how dare they?

anyway, we found it very convenient.

the weird thing is from guest house 2, 2nd floor, you have to take the elevator UP to floor 4 (lobby) go across the catwalk TO the lobby cross the lobby and take the elevator near the grab and go back down to floor 1 for the boat. there really was no good way to just go down from floor 2 to floor 1 and get to the boat dock (unless I missed something?)

it's a beautiful resort.

amatista? meh. pretty nice and bright, which nebo loved, but the food was so so.. and not enough choices, we didn't eat at the tavern. we ate twice at the Dhrum club pool bar (actually at a table) and the nachos are amazing!!!! but, be aware, they include 18% "service charge" no matter how many in the party. it does say so on the menu, but I missed that. and the server failed to mention it.. even tho the tip was included, there was still a line marked "tip" on the receipt. I always tip 20% and got back to the room and looked at it. I tipped twice! and I tipped on the tip! I had to go back and talk to a manager to have the extra tip removed.

ok I copied and pasted the report I wrote on the DSA thread I started before my trip. and then I responded when I got home.

I enjoyed the video posted by the WM Jackie, but didn't see one for the King Suite...not to be confused with the Saphirre Suite. Did find some pictures via Google. Has anybody here stayed in the King Suite? If so, what did you think?

Yes, I'm familiar with tripadvisor, reviews aren't treating the resort kindly.

I would be happy to post a review when we return! We're going to Bay Lake at Disney for 6 nights after Sapphire. I always see people comparing the 2, we just love going to both, both different experiences, and staying on sight can't be beat. We live in NY and do a lot of driving, so being able to walk to a park or restaurant is huge for us! I wish I could find some pics of that sapphire suite! I'm away, I don't have to cook, clean or work, I'm happy :flower3:

comparing BLT to SF o_O or WDW to U? Lol.

It is tough to give that up after you become accustomed to it.

For: us, last minute decision, one night, exploring a new resort, to meet up with friends & HHN only...

it's perfect :yay:considering the price on a HHN night is only $20 more than CB and significantly lower than a Disney value resort:faint:; not to mention we'll back 4 days later for longer stay @ RP :tongue: woohoo

My only complaint about Sapphire Falls is there is no Lazy River. Can't wait to stay there In September.

CB not that far away on map. Assume pool-hopping is still in play. Not sure if you have to first walk past RP and back track or a shorter 'unofficial' option is available.

I keep meaning to add: we LOVED the pillows! I know this might sound silly to some, but we are fussy and we both thought they were great! and hubby hardly snored the entire stay (pillow typ is very important when it comes to snoring! )

Yet another question

Does SF (or for that matter any onsite properties) accept Amazon pantry deliveries for guests?

Was going to ship one to Disney resort but don't want to deal with resort's convention center pickup/hours.

We booked the king suite with my platinum upgrade for a quick 4 day trip. It was myself and 3 kids, who were already on my nerves. when we checked around 10 am the suite wasn't ready but the offered me the kids suite which was ready. It is slightly smaller than the king suite but I was told had a more nautical theme. I took it and was extremely happy with the resort overall. No issues, best I've ever been treated as a platinum member, fantastic interaction with staff and everyone loved the pool. I didn't eat at the resort except for at the pool which was good. Nicest boat dock area of all 4 resorts. Housekeeping was great and our room was always clean when we took afternoon breaks. I usually stay at Royal or Portofino but another family was meeting us at USO and they wanted to try out SF. I wouldn't give up express during busy times but it was slow and we managed without it. Not sure why there are all the bad reviews on TA. I've tried leaving a good review but the site keeps crashing when I'm typing. Summary, great property and recommend it if you are good without express.

We booked the king suite with my platinum upgrade for a quick 4 day trip. It was myself and 3 kids, who were already on my nerves. when we checked around 10 am the suite wasn't ready but the offered me the kids suite which was ready. It is slightly smaller than the king suite but I was told had a more nautical theme. I took it and was extremely happy with the resort overall. No issues, best I've ever been treated as a platinum member, fantastic interaction with staff and everyone loved the pool. I didn't eat at the resort except for at the pool which was good. Nicest boat dock area of all 4 resorts. Housekeeping was great and our room was always clean when we took afternoon breaks. I usually stay at Royal or Portofino but another family was meeting us at USO and they wanted to try out SF. I wouldn't give up express during busy times but it was slow and we managed without it. Not sure why there are all the bad reviews on TA. I've tried leaving a good review but the site keeps crashing when I'm typing. Summary, great property and recommend it if you are good without express.

Always nice to feel appreciated as a repeat customer. Believe only 20 King suites, willing to take anything that has a bed when we arrive since HHN that night and out the door @ home that am before 3 am. Not a napper but even laying down for a few hours will be appreciated at that point lol.

So many reviews mentioning 'you can't get there from here' as to things being so far apart & oddly situated by floor. :confused3 Is it really a major issue? I've been in some big hotels (MGM specifically where you almost need a map). SF really doesn't look crazy large to me.:scratchin

Always nice to feel appreciated as a repeat customer. Believe only 20 King suites, willing to take anything that has a bed when we arrive since HHN that night and out the door @ home that am before 3 am. Not a napper but even laying down for a few hours will be appreciated at that point lol.

So many reviews mentioning 'you can't get there from here' as to things being so far apart & oddly situated by floor. :confused3 Is it really a major issue? I've been in some big hotels (MGM specifically where you almost need a map). SF really doesn't look crazy large to me.:scratchin
No, it's not a big deal. It is slightly odd but not an issue. Main level is 4, pool is 2 and the boat dock is one which required a separate elevator. Some people just like to complain:rolleyes2

CB not that far away on map. Assume pool-hopping is still in play. Not sure if you have to first walk past RP and back track or a shorter 'unofficial' option is available.

We thought it was okay. We had too issues bigger than the Lazy river. Food options and the bathroom in the room. We decided we like the vibe and the food selections at Cabana Bay better. We tried it. The resort itself was lovely. But they need something else for food. The Old Dutch Company was too limited. We heard nothing but bad things about the sitdown restaurant. And I couldn't get my sister into Strong Water. Kept saying she didn't see anything that appealled to her. We ended up going to CB for lunch one day. We also had a great experience at Toothsome

We thought it was okay. We had too issues bigger than the Lazy river. Food options and the bathroom in the room. We decided we like the vibe and the food selections at Cabana Bay better. We tried it. The resort itself was lovely. But they need something else for food. The Old Dutch Company was too limited. We heard nothing but bad things about the sitdown restaurant. And I couldn't get my sister into Strong Water. Kept saying she didn't see anything that appealled to her. We ended up going to CB for lunch one day. We also had a great experience at Toothsome
What did you hear about Amatista? (the sit-down restaurant). The only thing I have heard was from the Dis Unplugged guys, who had poor service the first day it was open, but thought the food was good. I'm looking forward to eating at both Amatista and Strong Water, but most of the comments I've been able to find are like yours - from people who didn't eat there. The menus look really interesting, consistent with the overall theme of the resort. Has anyone eaten there who has reviews of the food?

My confusion is people saying there are no options, when the Amatista menu has chicken, steak, fish, burgers, along with Caribbean food. What's not to like?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter