Look What I Got ...

The way Disney sends the magnets out in general is weird for parks and cruises.
We are all annual pass holders, my daughter has gotten pass holder magnets and I have gotten nothing or I get something new and she doesn't get that one. I think they must have a random draw or something like it and pick guests to send some pixie dust their way. I have received one magnet in the mail and sometimes two (received two when they sent out the newest one with a yellow D on it.)
I received my platinum magnet a long time ago, but when my kids turned gold none of them received one.
My son and his wife have never gotten a single magnet.
It seems to be the luck of the draw.

We received all 3 of our magnets right after we completed our 1st cruise, then when we hit Gold and then last was platinum. All came weeks after we hit those marks. Its weird not everyone gets them for sure. Thanks for posting this as I now am hoping we get something like this (that cooler would be handy) and will be looking for it. As a side note we received our luggage tags for our Nov 28th cruise yesterday (so about 2 weeks out). So at least there was some DCL joy in our mailbox.

We've gotten the Art cards after all of our cruises and also the silver and gold magnets. I wonder if they are sending the sling bags to anyone? We bought the cooler bag several years ago. It is really nice. I'd love for them to send the sling bags out to all first time cruisers, to get rid of them, (the bags not the first timers, lol). I don't have anything against the sling bag, we just have enough and would like another beach bag.

That is great...I love my magnets as well! Just a quick question for you...can you tell me where you got the red/white disney blanket? I have been trying to get one since 2012...love it sooo much!
Vault Collectibles. It is an Ebay store. Not cheap but very well taken care of by the seller. About $300 or so. I've had it for several years.

Last edited:
First time for me too, but others have stated they found it on CC or on the ship. It is a very nice size. I can place 2 rolls of paper towels in it (laying down).

I love your method of measuring bag capacity and size. It made me laugh but certanly provided clarity.

I love your method of measuring bag capacity and size. It made me laugh but certanly provided clarity.
I follow Travel Tips by Laurie and she uses paper towel rolls to show volume in a tote bag or baggage. It is a very good visual tool to determine just how big something really is.

I follow Travel Tips by Laurie and she uses paper towel rolls to show volume in a tote bag or baggage. It is a very good visual tool to determine just how big something really is.

That is a very relevant tool as most people can identify with it. Years ago I was taught to use a dollar bill as a 6 inch ruler when shopping and needing a rough measurement of something. It is extremely rare when I didn't have a least one dollar bill with me.

Vault Collectibles. It is an Ebay store. Not cheap but very well taken care of by the seller. About $300 or so. I've had it for several years.
Thank you! $300 sounds about right. I remember our stateroom host said disney paid $250. Vault collectibles...can't wait to check them out! The quality is excellent, I'm certain it will be good to for many many more years! I admit it...I'm jealous! Lol

All we have received is the same 'thank you' cruise card and the same insulated beach bag (oblong cream/light grey stripes w/ zipper). I left the last bag in the room because we already have two.

Thank you! $300 sounds about right. I remember our stateroom host said disney paid $250. Vault collectibles...can't wait to check them out! The quality is excellent, I'm certain it will be good to for many many more years! I admit it...I'm jealous! Lol
Even though it has been laying on the bed in the guest room for several years now, I really started to notice it more these past 14 months because we couldn't go on a cruise (Sept 2020, then in all 4 cruises canceled/reschedule/canceled ...).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter