Losing interest in the main show

You are all in luck. Looks like this week's show is a free form format.

12 minute mark and still advertising 🙄

Edit: got into WDW content 14 min in... not great but also an improvement over some episodes lol

Edit edit: this episode is shaping up to be very good, they need to stick with this format!

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority.........I always look forward to Tuesday @ 1pm. The DIS Unplugged solidified my Disney addiction. I do agree its best when Pete leads. I miss Teresa of any of the veteran folks........she only does it rarely now :( I also miss the 7 in 7 resort reviews.....but I understand the need to change things up. I wonder if the creation of other specifically focused shows like the Disney Dining Show has led to some of the "sameness" in the Dis Unplugged show.

I don't "need" the DIS Unplugged like I did 5 years ago as I've developed a knowledge.......but that is because of the DIS Unplugged :) That doesn't change the fact that I watch every week!!! Then I watch it again at home with my wife :P

Doug :goofy:

I loved today's show! I do agree slightly with some of what the OP said. I still tune in each week, but sometimes I zone out and look and read other things on my phone. And then the podcast is sort of in the background. But I don't like that!!! The DIS is the first podcast I ever listened to - it's my favorite and was my gateway to other podcasts.

But today, I just loved that it was freeform discussion. I think I loved the podcast so much because it felt like I was having a discussion with my friends who love Disney. Even though when I make a comment, no one can hear me :upsidedow

I've listened to every episode since the beginning. I think maybe it's less of the format, and more of the time limit. But also, I know they just don't have all day to record the podcast. When the podcast wasn't live, I think they just talked and discussed Disney with a overall format to the show. But there wasn't the 1 hr time limit to the show like it is now when it's live. So I think a lot of the time gets sucked up with the sponsors, plugs, and other housekeeping things.

I appreciate the episodes where they really get into discussions about things - like within the news or other topics. It just makes me remember why i fell in love with the podcast to begin with.

TLDR: Agree with OP - but also LOVED today's show

I've noticed the same, personally. Nothing wrong with the cast/crew. I've also noticed I have quit listening to other Disney-related podcasts. It may be a combo of multiple things for me. I look forward to some particular discussions more than others. But it's a mixed-bag show based on current news so that's understandable. And I do like the general discussion format at the end of the shows they have been doing more recently.

But while I'm here I might as well have some fun...

I agree the Housekeeping section has grown long in the tooth. I understand why. But that doesn't mean I have to look forward to it.

Speaking of long in the tooth... we know Kevin doesn't care for Star Wars. But every time the subject of Star Wars comes up there has to be a couple minutes dedicated this and why and that no one needs to email him for not supporting John. I'm not necessarily "bashing" Kevin. I'm just saying... we know. We are OK if you don't like it. I'm not a big fan myself. It doesn't need to be a discussion if you don't want it to be. ;)

Anecdotally, I would like to note one mildly amusing thing I've noticed on the show more than a handful of times over the last year: the "sorry for interrupting" or "sorry for cutting you off" ... and then the interruption continues. I'm sitting in my chair thinking "dude, if you're sorry for interrupting then stop interrupting and let the person finish and then come back to your input". But it does actually make me laugh. Maybe this is the new "price per value". :D

I get what you're saying to a degree about the housekeeping and advertising upfront, but it is a business and those businesses that they advertise are the reason why we get to enjoy this content. People are losing their minds over the cancelling of the Disneyland show, but their sales of Disneyland clearly don't warrant them sinking money into doing a show simply because we like that content. Also, just because it's your 10th, 100th or 1,000th time watching/listening this could be someone else's first time catching the show and they would have no clue about Dreams or anything else otherwise. Personally I rather listen to their sales pitches for 10 minutes before diving into the content over watching some other vloggers that I just don't enjoy watching or feel like they're giving me honest reviews.

Interesting comments.

We've been listening to the podcast since 2011 and loved it when the videos came out. There's no TV shows we watch on Tuesdays, so we turn on the podcast after dinner instead.

I agree the podcast has evolved over the years. I feel like originally, it was tips, etc for your vacation, especially if you haven't visited before. Now I find that it's aimed at seasoned Disney travelers. Which is a good thing for me - because I've done Disney parks at least 20 times in the last 20 years. I feel the shorter new videos (best/worst, etc) are perfect for newbies, but I still watch them too :)

As far as the housekeeping segments, since being a listener/viewer for so long, I feel like I'm getting updated on something I might have missed.
JMHO :)

For me, whether Pete’s hosting makes all the difference.

I kinda have to agree. I don't know if the other folks are too "nice" to try to keep the show on the rails, but without Pete it's all over the place. I love all the cohosts when they're cohosting ("stay in your lane, bro..."). If Pete decides to hang up the mic soon I'm not sure what they'd do. I'd vote for Ryno but I don't think he would do it.

I kinda have to agree. I don't know if the other folks are too "nice" to try to keep the show on the rails, but without Pete it's all over the place. I love all the cohosts when they're cohosting ("stay in your lane, bro..."). If Pete decides to hang up the mic soon I'm not sure what they'd do. I'd vote for Ryno but I don't think he would do it.

the team is obviously the team however Pete is clearly the anchor

agreed that pete makes all the difference. i mean that as a compliment to him vs a knock on the others. Pete takes it seriously and is a very entertaining guy, what can i say. that's what it takes to have a successful weekly podcast + other side shows.

i know the podcast isn't the priority of the business but overall there has been a bit of a miss when it comes to promoting young talent on the show. charles was a legitimately talented interesting guy and losing him hurt. i find rhino entertaining and he's rarely featured on the primary show. just buried down the ranks by some of the more senior team members.

i don't know what the answer is or if there is one. you probably aren't ever going to get a guy like kevin off the program long enough for somebody newer like rhino to take a lead and spark things. those are just examples, it could be any senior contributor vs younger

I think when the others are hosting, it is less organized but a lot funnier :joker:

It's simple. Pete's the alpha..the boss..who wont allow the show to go off the rails. I dont pay red penny for this content...but Disney has seen plenty of them based on it.

While sometimes disjointed I adore the honesty of these guys...disney food blog is informative but all sunshine and lollipops..and they have helped me immensely with their reviews.

I miss Charles and his very thoughtful opinions..and also Steve (congrats on the wee one on the way)...and I envy all of these guys for getting paid to review a ride or a steak. Deni is great...

Just watch Pete's grand Floridian review with his mom...and and Sean's adventures with the "security" at hoop de doo. I love this podcast!

I still enjoy the shows. Pete doe try to very the show topics to keep our interest. Still the best for dis info produced

I’m not sure if a disorganized comedy show is what they’re really going for though. It’s cute once, it’s unprofessional when it’s multiple shows in a row.

Different strokes... I’m not looking for “professional” (whatever that means). I’m looking for entertainment and I find the episodes that are more organized and those that go off the rails tremendously entertaining and as an added benefit I get to learn from other’s experiences.

I imagine putting oneself out there in a vlog/podcast takes a lot of courage (I couldn’t do it) and it is impossible to please everyone all the time. I hope all involved know that many (most?) of us greatly appreciate them as entertainers, news presenters and most importantly as fellow humans. Thanks for all the shows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter