Lost and Found

skelow401

Earning My Ears
So I will not go into the complete story just looking for someone who has used to new lost and found system to recover an item. I left my wallet in a locker at blizzard beach. I knew the locker number but the park closed right when we left due to weather. So all they told us to do since the park was closed was to go online and fill out the lost and found form.

We were told that every night Blizzard beach checks all the lockers for items and then those items are sent to the warehouse in Disney spring the next morning. Does anybody know how true that is or if it is really that fast. I filled out the form on a Sunday night and it has not been found as of Wednesday. With this new system what is a reasonable about of time to wait for an item to be inventoried and attached to my claim ticket?

Has anyone used the new system and had an item returned to them? How long did it take?

Thanks for any help.

I left a pair of slacks in my room at the GFV when I switched resorts to the BWV. We left the resort at 10 am and got into the new room around 3:30 when I immediately realized I forgot my slacks. I called the GF and stated I left them in the room and they said that nothing was found during housekeeping. They said they would check the next day after the next guest left (which I don't know why they couldn't go and do a courtesy check for me). After a few back and forth phone calls, they never found my slacks, so I honestly would not expect to get your wallet back. I'm sorry for the lack of urgency that Disney shows in these matters.

In March (previous lost and found system) left a Disney bag with new shirt and candy in the dresser at AKL. Called the day we got home once I realized I left it. And called the next day, and the next day ... until I was 'nicely' told to stop calling, that nothing was turned in by housekeeping. Most of the time I felt like no one believe I left my purchase. Maybe with the new system there will be better results.

My son lost his hat on EE a few days ago. He talked to a CM, told them where it was and was told to fill out the form on MDE. He did that and included a very complete description of the hat. He was told they didn't find it. My DS said that the hat fell onto the path that the CM's would need to walk on to inspect the ride, so it had to have been seen. Good luck.

Previous to the new system I lost my hat at DS. Once I realized it I retraced my steps but didn't find it so I walked to guest relations where the lost and found was. I gave the cast member what was probably a vague description and a few minutes later he returned with my hat. I told him he was my new best friend, which made him laugh. Don't lose hope.

I haven't had to use the new system, but we've had a cellphone fall out of a pocket and that got turned in to EPCOT's lost and found, and we got it back pretty quickly. Also left a laptop charger at CBR, and that got mailed home to us! Makes me sad to think WDW isn't being so vigilant with returning lost items anymore.

Oh... so sorry to hear, a wallet
(in a locker!) hasn’t shown up ...

I’d follow up and try again. Best of luck!!!

On a previous trip my son lost both a bb8 magic band at the MK and a hat at DHS. I didn’t figure we would get them back but on one of our last days I called lost and found and after maybe a 20 min call they had them both!

Our last trip in June he left a hat on spaceship earth. We realized almost as soon as we got off the ride, but they didn’t have it at the exit and told us to fill the form out on line. I did, and about a week later got an email that they hadn’t found it and closed the case. Now this hat was not something people would want to steal- an old no brand uncool safari type hat bought on vacation in Hawaii a long time ago. I know some people will take anything, but the chances of this particular item being wanted by whom ever found it seemed low, plus the CMs should have seen it sitting in an empty ride vehicle. So based on our 2 experiences I don’t care for the new system! Just because it’s “easier” and doesn’t require me to call doesn’t mean it works better in my eyes at this point.

Time will tell, particularly if we lose more items, but I miss the old system where I talked to a person and knew they had looked to find my item.

It does seem weird that they didn't "find" the item that was locked in a specific locker! It is like the PP's slacks or Disney bag left in the room. How does no one "find" that! I do wish Disney (and other hotels) would take a better stance on this. If you leave something in your hotel room (or a locked locker) and can describe it in detail exactly what it was and where it was, you would think there should be repercussions for housekeeping or CM's when it isn't turned in. And yes I know that some guest might make stuff up just to try to get free stuff but most things we have been talking about are not that valuable.

I guess you can tell that it happened to me as well, just not at a Disney hotel. Although, my sister left medication in her room once upon check out and called within the hour and was told they weren't found and even if they were they would thrown out. Since it was very expensive medication, she made a huge pest of herself (thank goodness) and spent hours waiting in the lobby (almost missed her flight) until they were returned to her. But again that was the old system.

I agree with the pp, it seems extremely suspicious when an item left in a hotel room or a specific locker isn’t found! I do know a few people might make things up, but not personal items with little value except to the owner! I wish there was something that could be done about this- I know it’s difficult to prove but I hope they keep track of when items like this are reported and not found, so if any particular CMs are frequently the ones “not finding” them in rooms or lockers they can then have a case and let them go or even better call authorities.

Back in June I left my umbrella in the clamshell at the under the Sea ride. It actually took me several hours to realize I had lost it, because it wasn't raining anymore when I left the ride.
So after the fireworks, and before park close, I went up to the FP+ podium at the ride and actually spoke to the CM who had found my umbrella. She said she knew what it was and radioed someone inside. i didn't hear the reply, but she went inside to check. About five minutes later she came backand told me it was no longer there, so it should probably already have been sent to City Hall (GR).
Before I left MK, I stopped by at City Hall and the umbrella was not there either. They told me to fill out the online form and that was it. Well, no one here will be surprised that a week later they send me a mail closing the case with no umbrellas found.

So, seriously, I know it was found. I just don't know what happened later. Since it's just an umbrella I bought at Walmart because I had forgotten to pack mine, it's just a bummer.
If I had left a wallet in a specific locked locker and no one had found it, I would report to the police.

Several times we've lost items and WDW and have gotten them back. It sometimes took multiple phone calls, it sometimes took a trip to the Lost and Found over by MK. Also, if you lose an item within a hotel, sometimes the hotel had it.

Also, misplacing an item is easier than recalling where you left it. I'm not questioning any particular poster, but for a time, one of my jobs was helping people find stuff. A great many times people would absolutely insist they'd left an item in a certain spot, but I'd ask them to humor me and consider other possibilities. Sure enough, they'd often find they actually left it some place else.

A second interesting facet is that people reveal their bias when they lose an item. Some folks assume/insist the item was STOLEN from them, which = they don't put much hope/effort into finding it. Other folks assume they MISPLACED the item, which more often = finding it, but sometimes = too much hope.

The third interesting facet I learned is that emotional reactions are highly variable. Some folks are casual about losing (what would normally be considered) valuable objects, others get extremely upset over losing a (what most would call) a non-valuable item.

Odd story... No way would I have left if I knew where my wallet was...I have too much important stuff in it to trust that someone else was going to find it and get it back to me. Closed park or not, a manager could have easily let you go get it quickly.
Call the police, whatever...I wouldn't leave.

We left an umbrella in hop last January. When we went back on the CM was at the door with it. A wallet though..id be freaking out.

It does seem weird that they didn't "find" the item that was locked in a specific locker! It is like the PP's slacks or Disney bag left in the room. How does no one "find" that! I do wish Disney (and other hotels) would take a better stance on this. If you leave something in your hotel room (or a locked locker) and can describe it in detail exactly what it was and where it was, you would think there should be repercussions for housekeeping or CM's when it isn't turned in. And yes I know that some guest might make stuff up just to try to get free stuff but most things we have been talking about are not that valuable.

I guess you can tell that it happened to me as well, just not at a Disney hotel. Although, my sister left medication in her room once upon check out and called within the hour and was told they weren't found and even if they were they would thrown out. Since it was very expensive medication, she made a huge pest of herself (thank goodness) and spent hours waiting in the lobby (almost missed her flight) until they were returned to her. But again that was the old system.
I was upset about my pants because I knew I left them in the closet and told them the color (khaki) and size (31x29) and still not found. I think the thing that annoys me is not going back into the room after housekeeping to make sure it wasn't there. I wonder if I would have gone back to the GF and asked to talk to a manager if that would have ended better? To me it seems like items left in the room are just thrown out or something else. I'm just happy they weren't a really expensive pair of slacks or I would have not gone quietly into the night.

I had good luck with the old system at MK when we lost our video camera bag on Buzz ride. Got it back 2 days later. Less luck getting a bracelet back that I lost at Epcot. Filed a claim only on the hope that an honest person might find it and turn it in to a cast member. Valuable only to me because I got it from my mother's jewelry box after she passed. I was watching for it on other womens wrists for the rest of the day lol.

We pleaded with the YC staff to let us take a Uber back over there and have someone let us in. But they said no one was there. This was a "leader" at YC and he could not directly call Blizzard beach and was even very frustrated himself. We tried through many different calls to actually talk with a person at BB, but they could never do that and the best we got was a phone cast member could call BB and then tell us what he said. We could not talk directly with them. She supposedly talk to a security worker and he said he couldn't go look. Seems made up to me. Overall no urgency no sense of caring and zero help was all Disney could do for us.

And everyone you talk to gives you different answers. Who do you trust. We called the lost and found "chargerback" and they said there is supposed to be a found report filled out by the place the item was found and then they match that to the report filed online for a missing item. BB said they take the items either 2 hours after close or 2 hours after open to the lost and found warehouse in Disney springs. And then the warehouse said theme parks often keep the items on location for weeks in case the person comes back.

So who do you trust or believe?

If anyone know a direct number to a person at BB I would love to have it. Or if you know someone that works there.

And everyone you talk to gives you different answers. Who do you trust? We called the lost and found "chargerback" and they said there is supposed to be a found report filled out by the place the item was found and then they match that to the report filed online for a missing item. BB said they take the items either 2 hours after close or 2 hours after open to the lost and found warehouse in Disney springs. And then the warehouse said theme parks often keep the items on location for weeks in case the person comes back.

So who do you trust or believe?

If anyone know a direct number to a person at BB I would love to have it. Or if you know someone that works there.
A while back, a CM at CR gave me a list of phone numbers, but I was on vacation and I don't think I kept it.

Here's the best explanation I received, and I heard it from several CM's, including the central L nd F:
1. If you lose it at a hotel, the hotel has a Land F. You can contact them (but hard to get the number). If the item can be returned- like a wallet- they are supposed to mail it if you don't come to claim it. This sounded odd to me, that they didn't call the guest while the guest was still at the hotel.

2. Items lost in the park, were held at the ride/location for a time (a few hours at most), then were moved to Land M at the front of that park (until a few hours after park close as you said). After that, they are transferred to the central F and F, which was the Land F at the TTC. I'm guessing that has now been moved to Disney Springs.

3. We were advised to wait two full days though for items to be moved to central L and F.

We stayed at POR last January with our Grandson. I had a plain manilla folder with my grandson's information, permission to treat, insurance cards and she sent a medical credit card, all of their information, etc... I honestly thought I'd kept it in the outer pocket of his suitcase. Apparently I unpacked it and we didn't see it during our usual very thorough check of the room.

I thought it was returned to my daughter in the suitcase. A very concerned CM called me three weeks later saying she had a credit card and important personal information. I was completely shocked and running through the house to find my purse to give her a cc# to mail it back. She was unbelievably kind and said it would be no charge. Considering 25 years ago an off-site hotel charged me $50 to mail back a favorite tiny stuffed animal of my daughter's friend I was blown away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter