Lost and Found

So I will not go into the complete story just looking for someone who has used to new lost and found system to recover an item. I left my wallet in a locker at blizzard beach. I knew the locker number but the park closed right when we left due to weather. So all they told us to do since the park was closed was to go online and fill out the lost and found form.

We were told that every night Blizzard beach checks all the lockers for items and then those items are sent to the warehouse in Disney spring the next morning. Does anybody know how true that is or if it is really that fast. I filled out the form on a Sunday night and it has not been found as of Wednesday. With this new system what is a reasonable about of time to wait for an item to be inventoried and attached to my claim ticket?

Has anyone used the new system and had an item returned to them? How long did it take?

Thanks for any help.

I had an experience when I transferred from the AKL to Pop in June 2018. I was very tired when packing everything and I forgot a very important piece of medical equipment that I usually pack last on my top of my medical backpack.

I can't believe I did that. It is just so hard travelling by myself at my age sometimes. This was one of those times.

When I arrived at Pop and unpacked and ready to go to bed, I couldn't find my C.P.A.P. machine. I had all of my electric cords, etc. placed in ziplock bags. But I hoped that it wasn't stolen and that I left it at AKL.

No one called me.

I called from my Pop room and gave the cast member all of my information. They transferred me to AKL front desk and they said they would look into it.

They called me back in 10 minutes and that one of their cast members would bring it directly to my room.

After several hours, I still hadn't received my C.P.A.P. machine and I called back with suggestion to call the Pop front desk.

I called them and insisted that the cast member ask for the person's name in the back office to come to the phone since she said she didn't know anything about it.

I am glad that I did.

The person in the back office said that weather issues prevented the cast member from bringing my C.P.A.P. machine to my room. I said no problem and I went to the front desk to pick it up and thanked her.

I really need my C.P.A.P. machine since I have been known to stop breathing for over a minute or so during my sleep per my physician's sleep study and SDcard records. I am on the highest pressure setting of +20cmH2O that my present machine can go.

I mean if I was going to die in my sleep, I guess dying at Walt Disney Would wouldn't be so bad.

Sorry, bad joke.

So that is my experience and it worked out fine.

I just suggest to be persistent and don't take no for an answer. Sometimes there is an easy answer where someone just forgot to communicate.

I think the thing that annoys me is not going back into the room after housekeeping to make sure it wasn't there. I wonder if I would have gone back to the GF and asked to talk to a manager if that would have ended better?

Probably. When you call the resort, you actually get a call center. When you go to a resort, you get the resort.

Well good news all my wallet turned up in lost and found on Saturday 7-28. They are shipping it to me either today or tomorrow. Its weird but I think I am upset somewhat that it was found because that means it more than likely was sitting in the BB lockers and took this long to be moved to central lost and found. I still kick myself for not going to BB that night, eventhough it was closed, or in the morning. Now if its water damaged or all dirty then I will not be angry because that means some good Samaritan turned it in. I had $200 cash it in. Anybody want to bet if that is still in there?

Last edited:

Well good news all my wallet turned up in lost and found on Saturday 7-28. They are shipping it to me either today or tomorrow. Its weird but I think I am upset somewhat that it was found because that means it more than likely was sitting in the BB lockers and took this long to be moved to central lost and found. I still kick myself for not going to BB that night, eventhough it was closed, or in the morning. Now if its water damaged or all dirty then I will not be angry because that means some good Samaritan turned it in. I had $200 cash it in. Anybody want to bet if that is still in there?

Let us know, we need closure on this :rotfl:!

Seriously, I do find it odd how hard it is to get things back when you happen to realize almost immediately and know exactly where something is. I understand the whole "magical" lost and found matching small things up long after the fact when it's something you left on a ride, left at a table, etc and realized much afterwards. But when you know right where it is, it's so odd that no one appears to be able to take control and get you to the spot your item should be - you have to go through the entire process. That night you should have been able to have someone wherever you were talk to someone who was actually there at the water park and have been able to go to that locker and check - in real time. That aspect is so frustrating.

DH lost his MB somewhere in Animal Kingdom a few months ago. He didn't know where or when he lost it. But we stopped at Guest Services on our way out of the park and, amazingly, they had it! Some kinda Disney magic going on with that.

Well I just checked the mail today 8/2 and has a package from Disney World. Its my wallet!!!! And it surprisingly has $201 cash and all my cards and IDs. I am blown away because I can only imagine how many people have touched it. It was in identical condition to when I lost it and no weird smells. It just leads me to believe it was right in the locker I said it was in. Just so frustrating that I couldn't go get it when I realized I left it there. It would have saved me a ton of stress of having to board an airplane with no ID and having no money for 2 days. All I can say is if you loose something go to the place you lost it and don't leave till you find it. Don't trust them when they say they are "looking" for it.

My mom lost a bag of souvenirs for the kids Tuesday night somewhere in Fort Wilderness when we went to the Hoop Dee Doo. It was our last night at Disney, so by the time we realized it was missing, it was too late to go back and check, and too soon to go to central lost and found.

Once we got home I filed a detailed Lost and Found report through the chargerback system, and Voila!, in two days they found the bag and are sending it to us! I’m pretty amazed, we thought it was gone forever! Whoever turned it in made my son’s day, THANKS!

Found a ring. Staying at bwv and based on how we found it my guess is it’s been lost for a while and concerned no one is looking for it anymore. Before we turn it in thought I’d take a shot and see if anyone is looking here. Looks like a pandora wedding band and if anyone can tell me the right inscription I’ll mail it to them. Otherwise going to lost and found end of this week.

Found a ring. Staying at bwv and based on how we found it my guess is it’s been lost for a while and concerned no one is looking for it anymore. Before we turn it in thought I’d take a shot and see if anyone is looking here. Looks like a pandora wedding band and if anyone can tell me the right inscription I’ll mail it to them. Otherwise going to lost and found end of this week.
I think it’s far more important to take it to Lost and Found soon as you can as the owner is more likely to ask at Disney than look on the Community board here for an item they lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter