louisiana

Gonna be a great time at WDW with all of us Louisiana folks there! I can hardly wait. :dance3:

Penny

Is this BRADY Bunch going to WDW again!?

We've driven straight through before, leaving at 3:00 a.m. and arriving shortly after 3:30 p.m. My kids weren't as young as yours, though. I think if I were to stop and spend the night, I would try to get to Tallahassee. That stretch between Pensacola and Tallahassee is a killer.

As for cheap hotels, we did stop at the welcome center around Ocala and had them get us into a hotel that night. I've also booked hotwire.com and priceline.com. I'm kindof thinking that if it were me, I'd see just how far I could make it, with the kids and all, and decide last minute whether to keep on or stop. Play it by ear.

Go Cro Bears!

Howdy stranger!

Yep, we're making our third trip to WDW this summer and thanks to some excellent advice from Lady Snow, we booked an extra night at our resort. It was $136 for the night, but that's about what we probably would have paid on a Saturday night in Orlando.

So, we just get to extend our Disney experience one extra day now. We're going to drive straight through to Orlando, because I'm just one of those people that once I get going, I want to get there. We'll probably leave around 3 a.m. (which means we'll actually get out the door at 4 a.m. :rotfl:) and hopefully that will put us getting to Pop Century around 4ish. That should give us plenty of time to let the kids swim if they want, or go to Downtown Disney or just go to bed early.

And the coolest thing is that when we wake up on Sunday to really start our Disney vacation, we'll already be there and we can just hop on a bus to AK. :banana:

Brady Bunch

P.S. Did you see two more Cro Bears are in the NFL now? Quentin Lawrence was drafted by Kansas City and Lucas Taylor signed with the Denver Broncos! Go CRO!

Howdy stranger!

Yep, we're making our third trip to WDW this summer and thanks to some excellent advice from Lady Snow, we booked an extra night at our resort. It was $136 for the night, but that's about what we probably would have paid on a Saturday night in Orlando.
That's really great! And it'll give you that night to sleep so maybe your days won't be all wacked.

We decided on early Dec for our trip. Was going to stay in the cabins, but decided to pull our 5th wheel down instead. Saved quite a few hundred dollars on that decision!

That's great about Quentin and Lucas. My oldest graduated with Lucas and I made her take a picture with him at the sweetheart dance. I told him he would be famous someday and I wanted to have his picture with my daughter. He was King and he is wearing a crown! I'll have to get your e-mail out of the paper and send it to you!

That's really great! And it'll give you that night to sleep so maybe your days won't be all wacked.

We decided on early Dec for our trip. Was going to stay in the cabins, but decided to pull our 5th wheel down instead. Saved quite a few hundred dollars on that decision!

That's great about Quentin and Lucas. My oldest graduated with Lucas and I made her take a picture with him at the sweetheart dance. I told him he would be famous someday and I wanted to have his picture with my daughter. He was King and he is wearing a crown! I'll have to get your e-mail out of the paper and send it to you!

That's awesome. Lucas is a great kid. I just found out that Josh Thompson also signed with the New York Giants today. That's three Cro Bears.

I'm trying to convince my wife to buy a camper so we can start going to Disney a couple of times a year.

I just booked our "travel day" hotel stay!!!! We leave on May 29th for 10 days at SSR!!!!!!!!!! We will be staying in a 2 bedroom at SSR (our home). I can't wait...it is finally here!! :cool1::thumbsup2:worship::banana:

DH even put the new luggage racks on top of the van this weekend to make sure everything fit... After many trips of cramming everything into our van, we decided to buy a luggage carrier for the top of the van. :eek:WOW....that thing can hold a ton of stuff I was just hoping it was going to hold one large suitcase and the 2 strollers, but we will be able to put a few other things too.

I just had so tell someone...I am so excited!!:dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::cheer2::cloud9:

DH even put the new luggage racks on top of the van this weekend to make sure everything fit... After many trips of cramming everything into our van, we decided to buy a luggage carrier for the top of the van. :eek:WOW....that thing can hold a ton of stuff I was just hoping it was going to hold one large suitcase and the 2 strollers, but we will be able to put a few other things too.

I just had so tell someone...I am so excited!!:dance3::yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::cheer2::cloud9:

That's good to hear. We're considering buying a luggage carrier for the top of our SUV so we can kind of space the kids out and let them each have their own row to themselves.

Did you guys buy the hard one or the canvas one?

Hi all....originally from Louisiana, but now living in the Houston area. Love, Love, Love DW!!!

kguilbeau, when in Dec. are you going. I'm going Nov. 29 - Dec. 5!! :banana::banana:

It's me...Rhonda

Hi all....originally from Louisiana, but now living in the Houston area. Love, Love, Love DW!!!

kguilbeau, when in Dec. are you going. I'm going Nov. 29 - Dec. 5!! :banana::banana:

It's me...Rhonda
Hey Rhonda! I was just thinking of you yesterday (and your daughter). We are going Dec 12-19th. Pulling the 5th wheel and also putting the tent up for extra sleeping. The girls are mortified about sleeping in the tent (they are 19-22), so DH, DS12 and I will sleep in it!

Is this a girls only trip?

Hi Kim.......We are going Nov. 29 - Dec. 5. Yes, girls only!! It will be me and my friend Belinda. Do you remember her from the neighborhood??? She has never been. Never showed a desire to go, until now!! Hopefully, the crowds will not be too bad, so we'll be able to take it slow.

Hey fellow Louisiana residents! I am about to go nuts waitin' on our August, 2009 WDW vacation and decided I needed a project. So, I started a trip report from our August, 2008 stay at the CBR. Hope you guys will head over and join in. The link is in my signature.

Lisa

Hello my fellow Louisianians...it's been quite some time since I've been on this thread.

I was wondering...have any of you been to Blue Bayou & Dixie Landings in Baton Rouge in the past year or so? We are going there next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't been in a few years. I hear there are some new rides at BB. And I've never stepped foot in DLandings so it'll ALL be new for me!

I've been trying to find some more info on the rides and such, especially the new ones at Blue Bayou, but have been unsuccessful. Ideally I'd love to read a trip report of sorts. :goodvibes

Anyone willing to share their experience?

Wow - I wish I could help you.

I live literally 15 minutes from Blue Bayou and never go there anymore....

The Teens really stopped going as well....

The Crowds just have gotten crazy over the years.....

They did build a new ride over this winter...but if you haven't been since Dixie Landin' then there will be many new things.

Check out their website....

Hugs,
Mary

Wow - I wish I could help you.

I live literally 15 minutes from Blue Bayou and never go there anymore....

The Teens really stopped going as well....

The Crowds just have gotten crazy over the years.....

They did build a new ride over this winter...but if you haven't been since Dixie Landin' then there will be many new things.

Check out their website....

Hugs,
Mary

oh bummer..

we are going on a Friday so that should not be nearly as bad as Saturday and Sunday...wouldn't you think?

I did look at their website (it's not very good). I wish they actually listed all their attractions and descriptions like WDW does!

Have you done Azuka, Conja, and Voodoo? These 3 are the ones I haven't been on in the water park.

Hello my fellow Louisianians...it's been quite some time since I've been on this thread.

I was wondering...have any of you been to Blue Bayou & Dixie Landings in Baton Rouge in the past year or so? We are going there next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't been in a few years. I hear there are some new rides at BB. And I've never stepped foot in DLandings so it'll ALL be new for me!

I've been trying to find some more info on the rides and such, especially the new ones at Blue Bayou, but have been unsuccessful. Ideally I'd love to read a trip report of sorts. :goodvibes

Anyone willing to share their experience?

Be prepared for huge crowds....

DS and his friends went a few weekends ago on a Friday, the crowds were manageable from opening until around noon then it was packed to the gills miserable. DH & I stopped going 6 or 7 years ago.:sad2:

Be prepared for huge crowds....

DS and his friends went a few weekends ago on a Friday, the crowds were manageable from opening until around noon then it was packed to the gills miserable. DH & I stopped going 6 or 7 years ago.:sad2:

oh geez....was it the Fri before Memorial day weekend? (or Mothers Day weekend perhaps?) I'd imagine even those Fridays may have been busier than normal due to people taking vacation around that time

oh bummer..

we are going on a Friday so that should not be nearly as bad as Saturday and Sunday...wouldn't you think?

I did look at their website (it's not very good). I wish they actually listed all their attractions and descriptions like WDW does!

Have you done Azuka, Conja, and Voodoo? These 3 are the ones I haven't been on in the water park.

I'll ask my DS17 when he gets home in a bit.... he and his friend should know....

I love your signature...I MISS ADVENTURER's CLUB!!! Can't we petition to bring it back or something? Kongaloosh!

oh geez....was it the Fri before Memorial day weekend? (or Mothers Day weekend perhaps?) I'd imagine even those Fridays may have been busier than normal due to people taking vacation around that time

Come to think of it, it was Memorial day weekend. Hopefully you'll have a great day!:goodvibes Sorry to alarm you.:guilty:

I'll ask my DS17 when he gets home in a bit.... he and his friend should know....

I love your signature...I MISS ADVENTURER's CLUB!!! Can't we petition to bring it back or something? Kongaloosh!

thanks!

and thanks again...I miss it SO MUCH too! There was a petition and plenty of people signed but apparently Disney doesn't give a rat's you-know-what about those people (yours truly included).

Don't get me wrong, I still love WDW! Nothing can take away my love. But it was just sad.

Come to think of it, it was Memorial day weekend. Hopefully you'll have a great day!:goodvibes Sorry to alarm you.:guilty:

:thumbsup2 Figured that much. :laughing:

Hey...come to think of it, next weekend is Father's Day weekend but I'm sure people don't take vacations for FD w/e such as Memorial Day weekend. I hope we have light crowds. I'll try to remember to report back here :goodvibes

Too bad I missed out on the petition! But sounds like it wouldn't have mattered.... Sad!:sad2:

I'm a bad friend today. :guilty: DS and his friend came home, then his friend left back a few hours ago...

Now I find out the friend works as a life guard at Blue Bayou! I knew he was a life guard but I thought he worked at the "Y" with his girlfriend....

SO If he comes back over soon, I'll try to get on and get you better info...

Meanwhile this is what DS SAYS (note - he is ADD so no telling):upsidedow

Azuka - DS calls it the LSU ride since it is purple & yellow. Says it pushes you down a big funnel.

Conga - DS says I've ridden this....if it's the one he says I do think I remember....it's a 'up to four man raft' that takes you down a big tunnel/ tube...if I've ridden it...it can't be too scary.:laughing:

Voodoo - Ds says it was new last year so he hasn't been on it.

If DS Friend comes back....I'll get you a better report.

Hugs,
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter