lovinaz's "getting her act together" journal

Why, oh why do I torture myself so??? Stole another peek at the scale, I am not going to be happy tomorrow... I just need to tell myself that it is not because of what I am doing, because there is NO WAY I could have gained that much fat just by having 2 off days. It's gotta be water retention, and I have to keep that in mind and take it with a grain of salt. Might as well be salt, I'm bloated already! :lmao:

I think I will be able to get back on track with food today. I did not get up to work out this morning, but that is OK because I can either work out when I get home or work out on Saturday. My goal is 5x per week, it doesn't ALWAYS have to be M-F in the morning, right??

For Wednesday:
B: chocolate oatmeal
S: piece of banana bread
L: turkey-n-provolone on salt bagel (ooh, I just realized that might be some of my problem!); brownie
S: apple-n-pb
D: large bowl PB Cap'n Crunch w/skim; small handful pretzels (I'm seeing a theme here); small handful Cheez-Its; HC fudge bar

E: 45min on elliptical/stair machine (I have no idea what this machine is actually called, but it is a cross of the two)

Obviously I did not feel like cooking the planned shrimp for dinner, I elected for a carb and salt fest instead!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, I am pretty sure the scale will not be cooperating tomorrow, but I am going to try to not let it bother me too much (easier said than done!)

Amy, yesterday was definitely a bad day. I didn't go overboard snacking, but I definitely ate too much! This weekend will be hard, we are having people over to watch the Cardinals game. I just need to stay out of the kitchen!

Amy, this sounds like a pre-TOM thing to me. Don't worry about skipping today's workout (if you do), as you say, you can get that 5x in per week in more than one way! Drink a ton of water and if the scale isn't friendly, next week will be better!

By the way, your dinner sounded very tasty! Capn Crunch and I go wayyyy back!:lmao:

I knew last week's weigh-in was too good to be true... Today's weigh-in: 144! Yes, for those keeping track that is a 3 lb gain from last Friday!!! :sad: I'm in worse shape than when I started!!! :guilty: I looked back at my journal, wondering if there was anything that I could have done differently. I had 2 relatively bad days, but even then - I wasn't mowing down cheesecake and ice cream! It's gotta be PMS, at least that is my excuse... :confused3 I am done whining about it, I need to stop worrying about the past that I can't change, and concentrate on the future.

No workout yesterday, but I am OK with it. I will get that 5th workout of the week in on Saturday morning. This Sunday we are having people over for the Cardinals game. We are also having a Superbowl party. I need to lay off the alcohol and stay away from the kitchen and I should do fine. I'll be sure to make a veggie tray so if I have to munch I can do it without too much guilt! There will be cocktails involved, I just need to keep it to 2-3 at the most.

For Thursday:
L: salad w/chicken
S: string cheese; 3 mini cucumbers
D: veggie burger (no bun) w/mustard; 6 Doritos; 5 waffle pretzels (1" x 1" squares); HC fudge bar

E: none

I am still in my "don't wanna make dinner" mode... I did make grilled cheese for the kids and made myself the veggie burger instead, and I stopped eating Doritos when I realized they weren't as good as I remembered!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, I have been trying to slam water, but it just sits in my body instead of flushing things out... Hopefully my body will adjust itself soon!

Amy, I am bummed for you but really and truly is some sort of water thing. Either a pms water gain or just maybe something salty you ate that caused a slow down of water elimination! Your food all week was really very good. Even on the days you splurged, they were little splurges! So just keep doing what you are doing, I predict those three pounds will be gone by next week's weigh in. Try not to weigh yourself until the middle of next week if you can. I know when I weigh, if its bad news for more than a day or two, it can really wreak havoc with my mind and I just get discouraged!

You are doing everything right, but the female body has its quirks! And remember, you have so little weight to lose overall that small losses or no losses are not uncommon. Us big gals get the big losses but we have so far to go, that in fact they are more like a half pound to you.

You had a good week say I!!

Enjoy the football party, if you have a cocktail, make sure you enjoy it!

I see its 76 for you today you rat!

Sorry the Nuggets beat the Suns ;)

I swear, I need to take a stress managment class or something! I was so absolutely ticked off at someone at work I was yelling at him over the phone. This person is so verbally combative it's not even funny. And it's not just me he bugs, it's everyone! I have a SUPER mild-mannered co-worker, who never swears, and rarely says a bad word about anyone. After our telecon with "LF", she called him a d-head! Oh well, it's the weekend now, so I'm not gonna think about it anymore!

Last night we went out to dinner. I totally splurged and I don't feel a bit guilty. I think one splurge meal a week isn't going to kill me. I'm not going to stop enjoying life just to drop a couple pounds.

Got my 5th workout in this morning!!! :cheer2: It was a little more difficult than usual because my kids are gone and DH is at work, so the attention-hog dog was all over me. It's hard to do push-ups with a beagle trying to lick your face... He eventually got the hint that I wasn't playing everytime I pushed him away and just sat there staring at me, wondering what I was doing...

For Friday:
L: salad w/chicken
D: chips-n-salsa; salmon taco w/mango salsa; shrimp taco w/pineapple salsa; 1/2 pitcher pomegranate margarita :rolleyes: ; single scoop Reese's cup ice cream in cup (oh ya, I wasn't messing around last night!)

E: 45min on treadmill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, thanks so much for your support. You know how much I struggle to lose anything and I am so sick of the ups and downs! If it takes me 7 months to lose 5 lbs, then I guess that is what it takes... And yes, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous this past week! But I am such an Arizonan I still wear long sleeves until it's about 80. I know, sad, huh??

Amy, good job going out and having fun and a food splurge! Have you ever read any of the Bill Philipps Body for Life books? He says to take a FREE day each week. Like free as in if you want to eat five pizzas and a six pack of beer, do it. But you have to be disciplined and on point the rest of the week. You do that so in a way, a splurge is a good thing. It keeps you from feeling deprived and keeps your body from thinking you are starving it. So splurge and be happy!

Good job getting that workout in. And too cute that Buckley gave you some Beagle Lovin while you did! They really are sweet dogs!

Good for you for splurging, Amy!:goodvibes I think one free day every week is a great idea!:thumbsup2 (Of course, I need to change that for myself because I usually have 7 free days a week!:lmao: )

Great job getting that 5th workout in this week! The Beagle love was an added bonus! ;)

Hope you have a great Sunday! :hug:

All I can say about this weekend is "whoa!". Total alcohol and carb fest. :scared: But hey, the Cardinals are going to the Superbowl for the first time, so I had to celebrate! No one was cramming the drinks down my throat and the food into my mouth, it was all me, self-destructing.

But I am already over it, surprisingly I don't even feel bad, which is weird... I got in my 5x of exercise last week and I already worked out this morning, so I'm going to get back on the healthy path starting TODAY. I don't even think I could recall everything I ate over the weekend, so I won't post food, but here's to a better week! pixiedust:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, yes, I have the Body for Life (and also Body for Life for Women) but my free day turned into a free weekend... :scratchin I don't care, if I can gain 3lbs behaving, at least I "earned" whatever couple pounds I may have gained this week!

Tracy, I am doing great getting all the workouts in, now I need to concentrate on getting the food under control again... I always say I'll never go overboard, but it always ends up happening! I was actually sick to my stomach yesterday (probably a combo deal from too much rum and too much food!) and I really don't want to feel that way again anytime soon!

Hi Amy, yeah the Body for Life free day turned into a free decade for me! But I do think the idea of a splurge day is a good one.

So happy the Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl, I'll be pulling for them.

Great job getting those workouts in. And I am proud of you for not beating yourself up. You had fun, your team won and its a new week!

Last night we went out to dinner. I totally splurged and I don't feel a bit guilty. I think one splurge meal a week isn't going to kill me. I'm not going to stop enjoying life just to drop a couple pounds.
All I can say about this weekend is "whoa!". Total alcohol and carb fest. :scared:
But I am already over it, surprisingly I don't even feel bad, which is weird... I got in my 5x of exercise last week and I already worked out this morning, so I'm going to get back on the healthy path starting TODAY. I don't even think!

what a great attitude Amy :)
Have a great week

Congratulations go out to your Cardinals!!! That was quite a game on Sunday!:cheer2:

I am so proud of you for enjoying your weekend and moving on. That is a great attitude to have!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful day today! :hug:

I am officially back on track! And as anticipated, my monthly "friend" showed up, so hopefully now I will be able to get rid of some of those extra undeserved pounds! But I am not expecting a miracle at Friday's weigh-in, since I probably did do some actual damage this weekend... :rolleyes:

This morning I didn't do my Pilates Sculpt DVD (I don't want to get bored with it) but I did 40 minutes of squats, lunges, leg lifts, upper body weights and abs. And I know 40 minutes doesn't sound like much, but there was no break in action, I was working up a little sweat! I think I get a more efficient workout like that than I do when I use the machines at the gym. I was still disappointed at how much strength I had lost, but I'll eventually get back up there...

For Monday:
L: spinach salad w/chicken
D: 2 small pieces homemade pizza w/ham (Boboli Thin Crust); HC fudge bar

E: 45min on elliptical

I need to input my boring menu into FitDay to see if I really should be eating that much peanut butter! I have 1 tbsp in my chocolate oatmeal and another 2 tbsp for my snack. I might have to tone it down a bit (every other day or something) if my fat and calories are too much... That would really bum me out!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, I am so excited about the Cardinals! Usually I couldn't care less who wins, I just watched for the commercials... not this year!

Tracey, I am shocked and amazed at my own positive attitude, I hope it sticks around!

Tracy, I need to learn how to roll with the punches, because I know I will occasionally have these splurge weekends! I just need to make sure they are not EVERY weekend...

Amy, my cousin's wife gave me some lowfat peanut butter powder. You mix it with water, its pretty good and its very low in fat. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the name of it (too lazy to go downstairs now). I love pb too!

Your attitude is so good, I love it! Keep up your good work and way to go getting that 40 minutes of kick butt strength training in today. :cool1:

I definitely didn't want to roll out of bed at 4:45am when the alarm went off this morning, much less go to the gym! But I did, and that is a good thing... Eating was pretty decent yesterday, I did input everything on Fitday and of course my fat was about 60g! It's mostly from the 3tbsp of pb I've been eating every day. I need to get some different afternoon snacks for during the week and save the apple-n-pb as a treat for the weekends instead...

For Tuesday:
S: string cheese; 2 mini cucumbers
D: sauteed shrimp (no butter or oil, just cooking spray); broccoli; 1/4c Pasta Roni; HC fudge bar; small handful Chex "puppy chow" (could have done without that!) :confused3

E: 40min at-home strength training (lower body, upper body & abs)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, I might have to check that pb powder out! I definitely eat too much of it, that's for sure! My attitude will probably take a big nose dive after Friday's weigh in, but hopefully it won't be too horrible! :scared:

Amy, good job getting to the gym so early!! :thumbsup2 That is some serious dedication. Peanut butter is so hard to resist, but I have to wonder if your body is needing more fat and that's why you crave it so much. Try drizzling a teaspoon of olive oil on something else. WW swears you need two teaspoons of healthy oils beyond salad dressing and pb etc to keep satiated. You eat such a healthy lowfat diet, maybe you don't get enough fat and that's why your body craves the pb?

Don't stress about the scale, I think you may be pleasantly surprised! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and me both with our little monthly gift that makes it all harder than it already is!:rolleyes:

Great job getting to the gym that early, Amy!:cheer2: Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Hope you have a wonderful day! :hug:

I am so pathetic!!! :sad1: I actually got out of bed this morning, changed into my workout clothes, but instead of doing my workout, I crawled back into bed for 45 minutes extra sleep... :sad2: Yes, I was tired, but I wasn't as tired as I was the morning before. I just didn't want to do it! I don't know what the problem was, but now I will have to work out on Sat again to get my 5x this week! And to top it all off, one of my co-workers had a 20 year anniversary at work today and I had a very small piece of rum cake. I'd never had it before, it was OK, but too sickening sweet. I actually listened to my body and stopped eating it, instead of scarfing down the whole piece, like I usually do... So I guess that is a good thing.

This morning was quite traumatic - I was getting a Coke Zero out of the garage, and DH had put a brand new 24 pack on a high shelf. I opened the box and all the cans started falling out, hitting the ground, breaking, spinning and spraying soda ALL OVER THE PLACE. All over me (including my face and hair), all over the floor, all over the Christmas storage boxes, and the worst part - all over my brand new car that I spent an hour hand-washing this past weekend! :sad: I'm sure it was pretty comical to watch, but I wasn't amused at 7am... I tried to clean myself up the best I could (we were on our way out the door!), and wipe the car down, but once I got to work, there are still things that are sticky - like my feet and my eyelids! Thank goodness it was diet soda, or I would be a real sticky mess!

For Wednesday:
S: baby carrots; string cheese
D: turkey burger on wheat bun; 7 steak fries; zucchini; HC fudge bar

E: 45 min on treadmill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, I'm sure I get plenty of fat in my diet, I'm just obsessed with peanut butter! When I go shopping this weekend I am going to get some cottage cheese for my afternoon snack and only have pb with my chocolate oatmeal in the mornings. I am pretty sure I am not going to like what the scale says tomorrow, hopefully I can forget about it and move on!

Tracy, I wish I would have stayed up and worked out this morning, but like my DH always tell me - it's not the end of the world if I don't work out one day!

sorry for laughing Amy but that did sound pretty hilarious!!! :)

good luck for WI tomorrow (mine too!!)

My amazing attitude has gone, and last night I had a little pity party for myself... I made the mistake of inviting DH, and he was a party pooper - he kept trying to cheer me up! :lovestruc I was just really down in the dumps about not being able to lose weight, my complexion is a mess half the time, blah blah blah (where's the "poor me" violin smilie?). I told him that I don't know how I can manage multi-million dollar projects at work, but can't seem to manage my own weight! :confused3

Anyway, he thinks I worry too much about it, and he's totally right. I get too obsessed about it and freak out if I mess up. I need to get the mental game going so I can stop the cycle of being on track one week, not seeing an instant result then blowing it the next week, etc.

Weigh-in this morning was 143. Not thrilled about that, but at least it is 1lb less than last Friday. Nothing planned this weekend, so I should be able to stay on track with food.

For Thursday:
L: spinach salad w/chicken; small piece of rum cake
S: baby carrots; string cheese; small brownie (2" x 2")
D: baked chicken breast; cauliflower; HC fudge bar; 1/2 c Chex puppy chow

E: none

As you can see, yesterday wasn't a complete disaster, but what the heck, there were way too many sweets consumed! Oh well, I'm over it! I did resist DH's offer to go out to eat and made chicken instead. So I'll focus on that good choice!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracey, both kids thought the soda incident was hilarious, and I think it's funny now, but I sure wasn't laughing at the time!

Yesterday was spot on with food! :thumbsup2 Today I have a choice to make - do I exercise to get my 5x this week? I guess I will see how the day goes. I could squeeze in at least 40 minutes of Pilates, I'm sure...

For Friday:
L: 2 Fiber Wasa crackers w/ham & 1 slice cheddar
S: baby carrots; string cheese
D: flank steak w/mushroom sauce; green beans; HC fudge bar

E: 45min on elliptical

That was my last apple-n-pb snack during the week. I am going to save that for the weekends from now on, as a special treat. I'll get something else for my after work snack, so my fat grams count is lower. 60g of fat per day when you are trying to lose weight probably isn't a good idea, even if it is a "good" fat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter