Lulu201's Healthy Living Log (comments welcome!)

Hugs to you Lulu!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Lulu}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Good job for dusting yourself off and getting back in the right direction!!! It's not easy, I think we have all gotten to a point where maybe we don't feel like anything is going as well as it could or should and so we fall...the important thing is you didn't stay down, you got back up and you are doing much better!!!

I'm a little depressed the scale isn't moving faster, but I guess it just makes me more determined to make it happen somehow...:mad:

Keep exercising, remember, everytime you do, you're burning calories and boosting your metabolism, so if you do that, you're doing well, even if you slip a little on the food! You're also getting healther and stronger!!! :bounce:

Hang in there and remember we're all here rooting for you, even if we don't look like we're here for a few days...we are!!! To test this, simply find a shell and put it up to your ear...you will hear chants of "Go Lulu, Go Lulu" coming from it...that's us, your WISH cheerleaders!!! (it might work with the toilet too...but I'd prefer to use a shell if I were you! :rolleyes: )

Karen :smooth:

Yeah, we're with you during the ups and downs. Go Lulu, go Lulu! I haven't exercised in three days, but tomorrow I will for sure. I'm trying to up with you, but you're tiring me out Lulu!:Pinkbounc :p

Go Lulu, go Lulu!!! Can't you just HEAR all of us??? And Karen, I definitely like the shell idea better than the toilet....LOL!!! Lulu, you just gotta hang in there, girl!! Make good choices!!

Hi Lulu. Just checking in and hoping you had a wonderful calorie free weekend. I'm pretty sleepy and it's past my bedtime:o so I'll keep my post short. Hope to hear from you tomorrow!:D

Good morning, all! I'm heading for my first cheat free day in a LONG time! 25 days 'til our trip, and I'm determined to be in my new bathing suit by then! The weekend was a little rough, but I announced to my family that I'm counting points on Monday a.m., so they'll be watching me. Just got everyone out the door, so after I post I'll go exercise before I head off to work.

Thank you, everyone, for your friendly words--I appreciate knowing you're in my corner. :)

I'll try to post with details later,

Lulu

Onward and Downward
Lean and Mean by Halloween!

Oh, Karen, planning to go to the shore this coming weekend--when I pick up a shell, you'd better be there!:p

Hee, hee--what a chuckle, Lisa! No one has ever used the words bathing suit, sexy, and svelte in the same sentence and had it refer to me!:p I love it! LOL

Well, I DID IT!! :Pinkbounc My first cheat free day since Labor Day! I'm having some problems with my clippie, but I'll keep working on it. Anyway, let me give you the lowdown on yesterday:

Exercise: 15 min. bike, walked the dog
Food: B--toast with pb, coffee with 1/2 and 1/2=5
s--berries=1
L--ham and cheese rollup with 5 olives=3
D--salad with tuna and dressing=7
s--cheese=4
s--toast with jelly=3
s--skinny cow:p=2

Total:25 (34 remaining in the bank)

I'm back on track!!!! Finally, right? Your support, you guys, has made all the difference. Thank you.

I'll try to check in again later. Having a hard time on the WISH board today--some kind of technical problem when I'm trying to post or switch threads!

Good job your train is on the track:Pinkbounc I see it going down, down, down.

If you figure out the cheat free clippie please let me know, I can't even find it:mad:

I'm so frustrated!:mad: I've been trying for 45 minutes to get the darn cheat free clippie into my signature and in the mean time have lost my 5 lb. clippie to boot!:mad: :mad: :mad:

At any rate, I'm going to celebrate yesterday: my second day cheat free!

exercise: 30 min., 1.9 mi. on treadmill
b: coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, toast with pb, berries=5
l: slice of ham, olives=2
d: McDonald's salad=11.5
s: 2 eggs=4
skinny cow=2

Total: 24.5/left in bank 33.5

I'm gonna go and battle with my clippies again! Wish me luck!

P.S. If anyone wants to give me (more) advice. . .

Lulu, you sound like you're really on the ball!! Your points look great (although I confess I don't know much about WW). You've made it 2 days cheat free - WOW - AND you've exercised both days!

I promise, we'll get those clippies straightened out! I sent you a PM. They are so tough to figure out in the beginning but once you get it, they become so easy. I spent 2 hours figuring mine out, read through Dan Murphy's entire clipart thread on the technical board and PMed back and forth with Dan himself a couple times - all for a couple silly clippies! But I really love them cuz they keep me going.

Enough about me, I'm really proud of you! Make sure you plan ahead for food at the shore. There are lots of temptations there! If you plan ahead, you'll be fine!

Onward and downward!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Doreen! I PMed you and found yours waiting for me! I didn't even know there was a technical thread to read! I'll have to look for it later today. I've been at this so long already today, I'm bug-eyed!:earseek:

You've given me hope for my clippies!

Lulu:)

Look at me, everyone, look at me!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Thanks to Doreen, I have my clippies! I've been so preoccupied with these darn things, I haven't even made our bed yet. Housework calls, but now I can go willingly. . .I have my clippies!:p

YAY LULU!!!! You get the "Patience and Perseverance" award for the day and your clippies look GREAT!! I knew you could do it!!

Another day cheat free! I can't wait 'til tomorrow to change my shiny new clippie! You know, Doreen, at first I wanted a small and tasteful one like you and MeMe, but now I've kind of gotten used to it. I like it BIG and BOLD to remind me that I made it another day!!:Pinkbounc :p :Pinkbounc

The low-down for 9/10:

Exercise: 20 minutes on the bike, 1 walk with Mickey with Westie
B--coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, tst. with pb, berries (yeah, I'm a creature of habit)=6
L--tuna salad with 5 saltines=7
s--cucumbers and green pepper=1
d--chicken salad with slice of high fiber bread=7
dessert--skinny cow;) =2

Total: 23/34.5 in the bank

Went to Kohl's to get something new. . .grabbed the XL like always, it was too big! For the fun of it, I picked up a M and an L; the M was passable but not the best--ended up buying the L, but I could completely button the M--even over my chest (my biggest problem next to my big thighs!). Oh, happy day!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'll check in with journals tomorrow. . .

Love the new clippies you're sporting Lulu! Great job on you cheat free mission. Don't you just love going shopping and picking up the size you normally wear but it doesn't fit? Before you know it, you'll bearing wearing that size M. Keep up the good work Lulu!:D

Things were kind of tough today because I was out of my routine!:eek: Yikes! When I have to go out to eat, it's a whole new ballgame. Anyway, I met a dear friend for breakfast, but I figured out what I was going to eat before hand and checked the points, so I felt in control when I sat down to order.

OK here goes:

b--2 egg ham and cheese omelette=9
one sausage link, 2 oz.=6
coffee, and lots of it=2
d--2.5 oz. of chicken salad=4.5
berries=1.5
s--(it gets really dicey here. . .)Vanilla gelati with lemon water ice from Rita's=8
1 oz. pretzel=2

Total (gulp)=33/total in bank 24.5

It's hard for me to see that 10 point withdrawal from the bank, but I have to look at the big picture. A month ago, I would've had a water ice and then come home and grazed around the kitchen for awhile and ended up with a 20 or 30 point binge. This time I was careful so that I wouldn't go overboard and blow my cheat free clippie away!:) I feel like I had quite the treat (especially that pretzel :p) but stayed focused and in control of things.

No exercise today; just couldn't fit it into the day, though I did try to park my car far away in different lots I was in. Tomorrow I've got to spend some quality time on that treadmill, especially because DH and I have plans to go out for dinner (DD is spending the night with a friend).

Another day onward and downward. . .

Lulu, you did so good with your food! You splurged a little but kept an eye on your points - you're truly learning to eat healthy for life!!! Besides, that's what those extra points are for.

That shopping story was wonderful! Don't ya love it when you pick out "your" size and it turns out to be too big?? Be prepared, Lulu, for many more fun experiences like this on your way down!

I agree with Doreen. You did good. You had a treat but you were focused and had the extra points to use. That is the way to eat for life. This is not a one time deal, this is a life time change. So congrats and I love your shopping experience. No more xl!!! And be sure to throw away/donate all those xl clothes in your closet. This is the new you. Have a great weekend, stay focused on your night out;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter