Maelstrom and Barnstormer Questions

2Disneybuggs

Mouseketeer
Why wouldn't a pregnant woman ride Maelstrom? Is there a big drop ir something? I was thinking about doing it and Mexico's ride this trip. I was thnking thAT gOOFY'S BARNSTORMER WOULD BE restricted for pregnant women. I remmeber it being fast and jerky, unless Im thinking of another ride. Any input??

Maelstrom does go up a hill and drop if I remember correctly. Goofy's Barnstormer is approved for children from 35" and up. I think that's why it is not restricted for pregnant women. It is also a really short ride.

I would think the Barnstormer would be a lot worse for a pregnant woman than the Maelstrom. That abrupt stop at the end of the Barnstormer would be enough for it to be on do not do list to me. The Maelstrom has a very small "drop" comparible to the one on Pirates of the Caribbean, it's not anything major like Splash Mountain. Not having ever been pregnant I can't give first hand advice but I don't see how the Maelstrom would be a problem. I like both rides myself but I don't think I'd go on the Barnstormer if I were pregnant. :)

The drop on Maelstorm is similar to the small drop on Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't think it would be a concern for a pregnant, healthy woman, but of course I'm no doctor! The boat ride in Mexico is totally tame and has no drops. One of my favorite little diversions, actually!

Don't ride Barnstormer pregnant. It is way too jerky. Is Maelstrom restricted for pregnant women?? I would ask a CM there if it is okay. Neither ride is that great and not a big deal if you miss.

Again, I'm no doctor, but Malestrom should not be a problem for pregnant ladies. The drop is no different then the drop on Pirates of the Caribbean. However, Barnstormer probably should be avoided, although it's mild by coaster standards, I think it might be a bit much for someone who is pregnant.

Originally posted by Winnie Pooh Fan
What is the Maelstrom ride??

Maelstrom is an indoor, raft ride similar to Pirates or El Rio de Tiempo that takes you through a history of Norway (complete with trolls). There is a small drop that you go down backwards towards the end of the ride. The ride is followed by a movie (optional) about Norway. :)

Thanks. I wasn't going to ride Goofy but I will try Maelstrom. We didn;lt do any WS rides last year and I think it would be nice for DS to try them.

I've been on Maelstrom while pregnant-nothing to it. I didn't even consider Barnstormer- even if it was OK for the baby, it would have made me sick to my stomach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter