Magicband 2 at Resorts

My curiosity came from the fact that this is the Canadian forum BTW ... and that is why were are all wondering what bands are being given at the resorts. Our bands aren't mailed. As many have noted, it's been about 3 months now that the 2.0 bands have been mailed to US addresses but only in the last week or so that people checking in are getting them at the resort.

**ETA, sorry if this comes across as rude or snooty, just curious is all!

My curiosity came from the fact that this is the Canadian forum BTW ... and that is why were are all wondering what bands are being given at the resorts. Our bands aren't mailed. As many have noted, it's been about 3 months now that the 2.0 bands have been mailed to US addresses but only in the last week or so that people checking in are getting them at the resort.

I was curious too!! I had a set of band (we have a split stay) shipped to the US side of the border and it worked without a hitch. I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but we happen to live close to the border so often have things shipped to a retailer there who accepts packages.

Oh as you can see I am just earning my ears and didn't know it was Canadian sorry

Any idea if the availability of the new MB 2.0 is dependant on value. Vs moderate vs deluxe resort...... with color also being a factor ?

We checked into BLT on March 14th and received the new Magic Bands (we all chose purple). We then checked into the Polynesian on March 15th and received new Magic Bands (colours were purple, blue and orange). On the same day, we picked up our AP bands that we'd had shipped to the resort and they were all new ones as well (colours were purple and orange).

What is the difference between the new bands and the old ones? Haven't been to WDW in years and they didn't have them back then.

Same basic functionality, diff shape and new one's rfid centre can be removed and put on keychain

We checked into BLT on March 14th and received the new Magic Bands (we all chose purple). We then checked into the Polynesian on March 15th and received new Magic Bands (colours were purple, blue and orange). On the same day, we picked up our AP bands that we'd had shipped to the resort and they were all new ones as well (colours were purple and orange).

This gives me hope since noone in my family wanted to order the Red MBs, lol. But I will if I have to. Hope everyone keeps updating with what they are getting!

This gives me hope since noone in my family wanted to order the Red MBs, lol. But I will if I have to. Hope everyone keeps updating with what they are getting!
YES....everyone please keep us up to date on the colors you have requested and the resort you are checking into.....I am scheduled for CBR May 9th and have selected blue and pink......but would revise to another color if needed I order to get the new MB version.....DW wants us both to get red so we match for our anniversary.....but I purchased some customized skins and so would prefer to keep our original color selections (blue and pink).

We got 2.0 bands in pink, purple and blue when we checked in at All Star Movies on March 16, 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter