Making scarfs?

nettii

DIS Veteran
We are going to MVMCP :santa: this year and I thought it might be fun to have matching scarfs. Has any one ever made scarfs from fleece? Maybe I could add a Mickey Icon head to them?!
Any ideas would be great thanks Nettii:goodvibes

Scarves from fleece are easy since you really don't need to sew them. I usually serge mine with matching or contrasting thread, though. But you can use fancy scissors to cut a decorative edge, or just a regular straight edge.

You should be able to find Disney fleece for an all over print. If you wanted to do a solid color, get a contrasting color to cut out a Mickey head and stitch or glue it on. (Test it with the glue first.) You can also get appliques and put those on, as well. Or use ribbon.

Hope that helps some. Sounds like a fun idea for MVMCP!

Those ideas are great thank you. My Mom has a surger and I know she'd love to help me out. Thanks again Nettii:goodvibes

Its def. not hard to make a fleece scarf...I've made several just by cutting the edges at the bottom and I don't sew them...never had a problem with them unraveling, but thats not to say there might be a problem if you didn't sew the edges. Sounds like such a cute idea and I must say I am super jealous because Mickey is holding his last party on the 21st and we don't get there until the 22nd. So have fun w @ MVMCP for me and say hello to Mickey! :santa:

Hello Michelle If I can figure out how to post a pic I will put some on. Im going to head out theis week to get some fabric, then Ill have to work on them when the boys are sleeping or gone.

Girldreamer Im so sorry you are going to miss MVMCP:sick: But you will still be abel to enjoy all the great decorations.:santa: I hope you have a great trip
Nettii:goodvibes

I know I will and I love the Christmas decorations...whats going to make up for missing MVMCP is the fact that I am going to be in disney world on christmas day with my fiance and he lives 14 hrs away right now(away on work) so being with him and in dis will def make up for missing the party although we were quite bumed when our travel agent told us. We were hoping mickey would add an extra day due to popularity? Wishful thinking but it never hurts to hope. Thanks though! :goodvibes

Dreamer girl it sounds to me like you are going to have a Magical trip!Enjoy!:santa:

we are going Nov 24th thru the 28th and will be a MVMCP on the 27th:santa: . This is our first ever Christmas trip!:santa: :woohoo: We are very excited and this is our first time driving from Michigan.:scared1: My sister lives in Marriettta Georgia so we plan on visiting with her on the way down and back up. :)

Your pic are awsome! :flower3: Do you plan on getting married at Disney?
I ve never been to CRT but would love to go some day my 12 year old son would never want any thing to do with it.:sad2: Maybe that will be someplace me and my hubby can go some day.

Your driving from Michigan?! Eeek. I live in toledo, ohio and I couldn't imagine driving all the way to dis. I remember when I was younger my family went, but we stayed in S.C. with my aunt for a few days before making the trek to disney and even then it was to long of a ride. I flew last yr with DF and we are flying again this yr. Tickets already booked. :banana: I am so jealous that you get to go to MVMCP. Have fun!! We wanted to have a disney wedding this dec, but instead we're just visiting disney because my mom wouldn't of been able to be there and whats my wedding without my mother. So we're sticking to the orginal plan of getting married next summer (july 19th 08):bride: Then we will have a very short disneymoon because DF's work is going to be very busy so we'll be taking our second disneymoon a yr from this dec (when he gets time off) We made a promise that we would renew our vows at dis for our tenth annv. So I can't freakin wait! :yay:

I know the ride is going to be very long! Weve only driven to Georgia in a camper before so we would have a bathroom kitchen ect to make it easier, but this time we are doing it in a car:scared1: Im hopping it will be fun!

You are sooo sweet to make sure your Mom will be at your wedding!:cutie: Im sure she really apreciates it. Enjoy this time it goes by soo fast! My DH and me have ben married 16 years now and it honestly only seems like 7, These will be the greatest years of your life enjoy all of it!

Awww congrats on 16 yrs!!!:yay: I am trying to be as sweet as possible to everyone since I know weddings can be a tremendous amount of stress. Not to mention my dad told me if I became a bridezilla he wouldn't walk me down the isle and that would be horrible. Good luck in the car...I hate long car trips....how many kids do you have?

We drove from Chicago last year and it was soo much fun! You will have a blast if you take it easy on the drive :) Beware the scenery is super boring :)

boring scenery=get a portable dvd player to entertain children.:) I got mine @ target...its the most basic one you can get and I belive I only paid 80 dollars for it.

Yea, the dvd player is a lifesaver even if you fly...df lives in WI right now for work and I have to fly to visit him(i hate flying) so he got me the dvd player and now I don't mind quite so much. Stopping can get bad if your trying to make good time, but it def helps kids a lot as I used to travel a lot as a child and my parents would stop often. Good luck..I'm sure it won't be bad.

Hi Girls, I was fust looking on Map Quest and Disney is 7 hours from my sisters not the 4 she told me:sad2: Now Im a lil FREAKED OUT:scared: thats a long drive!
We do have portable DVD players, hand held games and they each have mp-3 players so their wiered-But my 6 year old is very active:banana: and two long days int the car wow Im having second thoughts and might buck up and pay the extra for air!

I booked yesterday I was sooo excited:woohoo: now I might have to change it.
We are going to stay at POFQ this time, because its Christmas I thought we'd enjoy having more decorations around. :santa: I hope my kids dont become resort snobs:snooty: on me and dis the values next time we head down!
Thats the soga for today. Thanks for all the input.

Oh Michelle where can I find Disney Widow clings? (Christmas:santa: )

NEttii:goodvibes

I found the window clings in Disney World :) But some people around holiday time have gotten lucky at DOllar stores.

The drive is not too bad! I promise! I had 2 walking toddlers!!! As long as you DO NOT set a schedule, you will be fine. We stopped WHENEVER someone so much as whined and let them out to run, eat, bathroom ANYTHING. We made the 18hr drive in 24hrs. We had a HUGE bag of snacks, a cooler of drinks and LOTS of new toys that they had NEVER EVER even seen. As we got back in the car from a stop, I would hand them each a toy :) It was fun!!!

Hi Michelle did you guys take 75 south? Did you stop and stay the night along the way?
By the way 27 weeks wow your due date is creaping up fast! Do you know what you are having?

OK one more thing I think we need to change this thread title to Disney girls Chit Chat.:rotfl2:
And I still havnt got to the store to get my fabric for our scafs.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter