Mandymouse's Trippy Part 2 ~ Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
Castmembers

DSCN1962.jpg

Mandy & Paul

Mandymouse's Trippy Part 1 ~ Food & Wine Festival Frolics

Saturday 30th October '10 ~ High 82F ~ Boarding the Disney Magic

Paul set his alarm for 4.15am, but I was already up and getting ready. We headed to the Jetty Park around 4.45am, and a couple of minutes later we parked close to the pier

We had to wait a good 10/15 minutes, but then the Disney Magic arrived at the estuary. As she passed us we took some photos, then we got back in the car and drove up to the cruise parking area opposite DCL's where we watched her turn and dock

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

We went back to the hotel and went back to bed for a couple of hours. We got up around 8.30am and left Ron Jon's around 9.45am (we really enjoyed staying here, and we will definitely stay here again)

The Disney Cruise Line terminal was really busy at the roadside where the bags were dropped off, but once you passed security and took the escalators up to the main terminal we noticed that the lines for the US and Castaway Club members were really long, but I was able to walk over to the front of the non-US check-in

DSCN2000.jpg

DSCN2002.jpg

DSCN2006.jpg

We were given embarkation # 4, and our room keys (#6637 ~ an inside category 11 room on deck 6), then we wandered around terminal taking photos, and waited for embarkation # 1 to be called (which was called around 11.45am)

DSCN2007.jpg

DSCN2009.jpg

DSCN2013.jpg

DSCN2014.jpg

# 4 was called a little while later, and before long we heard for the first time 'Welcome aboard the Disney Magic the Martindale Family'

We were after some Palo reservations, so we went straight to Rockin' Bar D, where we made a Palo Brunch reservation for the following morning. We were put on the waiting list for Palo High Tea, and we already had a ressie for Dinner on the Friday evening

We took the lift up to Deck 9 and Paul got some lunch from Topsiders, when he came back I grabbed some tuna wraps and fruit from Goofy's Galley

After lunch we found a couple of loungers at the Quiet Cove Pool and chilled with our first Bahama Mamas till our room was available at 1.45pm

DSCN2017.jpg

DSCN2020.jpg

DSCN2019.jpg

Around 2ish we went to find our stateroom. This was the first time staying in an inside room, and we were really pleased with it. We found our Gold Castaway Club gift on our bed and also a letter saying that my friend Sandy had kindly sent us $40 stateroom credit (thank you, that was so nice of you :hug:)

DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2056.jpg

Our luggage arrived throughout the afternoon, and at 3pm we left the room to join a DIS Meet in the Promenade Lounge. We had a very organised and creative bunch on our cruise. Many DISers were dressed in Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise t-shirts and someone had organised lanyards to be made with our logo on (along with trick or treat activities for the kids the following day). At 3.30pm we all gathered in the atrium to have a group photo taken

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

Cont'd ..

Over the next few hours we went ~ to the Lifeboat drill (which luckily for us was in Animators Palete), up on top deck for the Sailaway Party where we ran into Daisy Duck, and we wandered around the ship taking photos and stopping off at Diversions and the Promenade Lounge for a cocktail or two (the drink of the day was a Malibu Bay Breeze, but we mainly stuck with Bahama Mamas)

DSCN2039.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSCN2041.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

DSCN2029.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2043.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2046.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

DSCN2050.jpg

Our dining rotation for this cruise was Lumiere's (cruise casual), Animators Palate (Halloween/Cruise Casual), Parrot Cay (Formal), Parrot Cay (cruise casual), Lumiere's (Pirate Night), Animator's Palate (semi-formal) and Parrot Cay (cruise casual)

DSCN2051.jpg

DSCN2054.jpg

DSCN2057.jpg

So we got showered and changed and we went down to Lumiere's for 8.15pm. We met our servers and our tablemates for the cruise (who were all lovely and friendly) ~ Tommy & Rory (Aurora), Jeff & Kevin and Ken & Karen

We had a very enjoyable meal, though one of our servers was very slow, but we had a nice time chatting and getting to know each other

We finished our meal around 10pm, and we were shattered after such an early morning, so it was time for beddy-byes, and we found our first towel animal waiting for us and also another Castaway Club gift

DSCN2059.jpg

DSCN2060.jpg

Great start to the cruise report Mandy - love the picture with all the Dis'ers on it! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mandy.

I'm loving the report and drooling over all the pictures:thumbsup2

Your reviews are just great Mandy, I really look forward to reading them :goodvibes

I don't even know what's in a Bahama Mama but I want one :rotfl:

Sunday 31st October '10 ~ Key West/Halloween

We had a nice lie in (well lie in for us) and I got up around 8.30am and got showered and changed. Paul was up around 9am and we both got ready for our 10am reservation at Palo for Brunch

DSCN2067.jpg

Our server was Sylvester from India, and he was great. He asked us to choose a champagne cocktail ~ Mimosas of course, then he showed us around the different tables which had fish, meats, breads, cheeses, danishes and the best one .. desserts ::yes::

DSCN2070.jpg

DSCN2071.jpg

We started with a plate of various items from the tables, then we ordered our egg dish. I had Eggs Florentine and Paul had Eggs Julia. Next we ordered our main dish, I had a chicken dish and Paul had veal. All the food was absolutely delicious, and Sylvester looked after us and brought us another Mimosa each. To finish off we went up to the dessert table and tried a couple of things - I know one of them was a Tiramisu for me ~ it was a fabulous meal

After Brunch we got changed into our swimwear and found a couple of loungers up on deck 10, and we chilled for a while as the ship docked in Key West. We weren't in any hurry to disembark, so we relaxed while the crowds got off, then we got changed and headed off the ship

DSCN2072.jpg

We wandered around the harbour, where we found a shop that was obviously owned by Claire's (Pinky166) hubby ;) . We then hopped into a taxi and got dropped off at the Southernmost Point

DSCN2078.jpg

DSCN2079.jpg

We took the usual photos, then walked back into town down Duval Street, and we stopped off for a couple of Hurricanes at the Hard Rock Cafe

DSCN2082.jpg

DSCN2084.jpg

DSCN2085.jpg

We took a wander around the town and harbour and bought a few souvenirs along the way. After taking a few photos we got back on the ship

DSCN2086.jpg

DSCN2087.jpg

DSCN2089.jpg

When we got back onboard there was a Halloween Party in full swing on Deck 9 and it was great to see so many people and the characters dressed up in their costumes

DSCN2093.jpg

DSCN2106.jpg

DSCN2107.jpg

We chilled on the comfy chairs on Deck 4 and watched the sun setting, then we started getting ready for dinner. We watched the ship leave Key West, then wandered down to Rockin Bar D where the band had everyone boogie-ing to Halloweeny songs

DSCN2110.jpg

DSCN2116.jpg

We would've stayed and watched the band, but we had to go to dinner, which was in Animators Palate tonight

DSCN2121.jpg

DSCN2123.jpg

DSCN2124.jpg

Once again we had a lovely meal, (sorry I can't remember what we had) and we had a fun time with our tablemates

After dinner we ran into Vampire Mickey and Pirate Stitch then watched the Adults Halloween Costume Contest in the Atrium before heading to bed

DSCN2126.jpg

DSCN2127.jpg

Tonights towel animal .. a ghost (woooooooooh)

DSCN2125.jpg

Ooh, you're making me very excited for my upcoming cruise! I wish mine was stopping at Key West.

I like your Halloween-y dinner outfit. Very nice! ::yes::

Monday 1st November '10 ~ Day at Sea

We were up around 8.30am, and we started getting ready for 'Mickey's Island Jam Character Breakfast' which was being held in Parrot Cay. As we were getting ready we received a phone call from Palo asking us if we'd like to go to High Tea later that afternoon (heck yeah ! we'll be there !)

This was our first character breakfast on a Disney ship, and we really enjoyed it. It was being held in Parrot Cay and we'd be sitting with our usual tablemates on our usual table

DSCN2129.jpg

DSCN2130.jpg

DSCN2131.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2134.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

Only Karen & Ken joined us, but we had a fun time meeting the characters, having breakfast and having our servers make silly hats for us

After brekkie we got changed into our swimming stuff and we eventually found a couple of loungers up on Deck 10. It was a lovely warm day, but on top deck it was very very windy. We were in bits laughing as we spent ages trying to get our towels to stay put on the lounger as we tried to lie down. Honestly it was like watching the Generation Game and watching adults trying to lay towels down while a giant fan was blown on you. It took a good while to get settled, but the hysterics started again when we tried to turn over

We stayed out for an hour or so, and when I headed back to the room I caught my reflection in a window - oh dear, all that was missing was a feather duster and saying 'how tickled I am' and I would've passed for a half decent Ken Dodd impersonator :rotfl2:

Once changed I went to the Cove Cafe to relax reading my book. Paul caught up with me a while later, so we called in at Signals Bar to get a couple of drinkies, a 'High Tide' which was the drink of the day for me and a Heinekin for Paul

Paul had a little lunch from Topsiders, then we got changed for our 3pm High Tea reservation at Palo.

DSCN2149.jpg

DSCN2152.jpg

Andrea from Croatia was our server, and she was so nice. She served us our tea (good old English breakfast for us), and she brought out some rolls and open sandwiches for us

DSCN2150.jpg

Next came a couple of de-li-cious warm scones with jam and clotted cream

DSCN2153.jpg

Then came a selection of petit fours, by now we were seriously struggling

DSCN2154.jpg

Then to finish us off, we had trifle, but we had to put our hands up in defeat with this (sorry no pic)

After our lovely tea we rolled ourselves back to our room and just chilled for a while

Around 5ish we wandered down to the Atrium as I wanted to see the first diners all dressed up for Formal Night. Even though we weren't dressed up, we were handed a couple of rum punch cocktails each (yay !!)

We spent an hour or two people watching and chatting to the girls on-line, then we got ready ourselves. This is our first Formal Night, and I was pleased that after seeing the first diners dressed up, that we didn't feel too under-dressed

DSCN2158.jpg

DSCN2159.jpg

DSCN2164.jpg

We wandered back down to the Atrium (in search of more free cocktails :rotfl:), and we met the Captain before heading to Parrot Cay for dinner

As it was the Prince & Princesses menu tonight we both ordered a Glass Slipper cocktail. Paul ordered salmon for a starter followed by rack of lamb, and I had the potato & sausage soup followed by a vegetable lasagne. Paul finished off with the Lemon Cheesecake (which had a cute princess choccie with it) and I had Tiramisu. Here's some pics of our tablemates

DSCN2166.jpg

DSCN2167.jpg

Kevin & Jeff

DSCN2168.jpg

Karen & Ken

DSCN2165.jpg

Tommy & Rory

DSCN2169.jpg

Pauls's girly dessert - lol

Once again we had a lovely evening and meal, but we were well and truly stuffed, so we finished off our evening with a couple of laps around deck 4 before heading to bed

DSCN2170.jpg

Tuesday 2nd November '10 ~ Grand Cayman ~ High 86F

We were in no hurry to disembark this morning, as we were going to take it easy. We started to get up around 8.30am, and around 9.30am we headed up to top deck and sunbathed for an hour or two. It was a beautiful morning, and we enjoyed the ship being so quiet

We had some tuna wraps and ciabattas from Goofy Galley, then we got changed and disembarked the ship. This was our first visit to Grand Cayman, and also the first time we'd been tendered. We got on the little boat and we had a smooth ride over to the island

DSCN2171.jpg

DSCN2172.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

DSCN2181.jpg

We wandered around the harbour area before heading to the Hard Rock Cafe. While there we enjoyed a Hurricane or two, some chicken tenders and onion rings with dips. After our pit stop we popped to the shop to get some Hurricane glasses for our friends and a couple of HRC Grand Cayman t-shirts for us

DSCN2186.jpg

DSCN2187.jpg

DSCN2191.jpg

Next stop was Margaritaville which was soooooooooo cool. There was a pool on the roof complete with slide, a couple of bars and a DJ too

DSCN2184.jpg

DSCN2192.jpg

DSCN2193.jpg

DSCN2194.jpg

DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

DSCN2200.jpg

After a Hurricane and beer here, we had a wander around the shops then left for the tender boats back to the Magic

Once back onboard we tried to chat to the girls but our laptop was having problems connecting to the internet, so after a quick chat with a CM it was suggested that we take it down to the Cove Cafe area and try there ... what ? chat and drink cocktails ? wow, this was even better :rotfl:

On the way to the Cove Cafe we ran into Minnie then we set up and chatted with the girls and had a couple of cocktails too (well it would've been rude not to ;) ) and the drink of the day, 'Caribbean Dream' was very nice too

DSCN2205.jpg

DSCN2206.jpg

The show tonight was Villains Tonight, and as we've never seen it before, we headed down to the theatre, though on the way we did some shopping and picked up a cocktail too

The show was very good, and it was nice to see something new

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

After the show we got ready for dinner which was at Parrot Cay and the normal rotational menu. I had chicken tenders, rib eye beef followed by lemon meringue pie, and Paul had tuna, Caribbean Chicken and the sweet temptations for dessert

Once again we had a lovely evening, but being too stuffed again meant another lap or two around the Deck 4 track before heading to bed

DSCN2212.jpg

I'm likeing the sound of all this food, Roll on next October and I get the chance to sample some myself. :goodvibes

Wednesday 3rd November '10 ~ Cozumel ~ Mid 80's

We had another lazy, leisurely wake up and like yesterday, we let the crowds disembark while we sunbathed and had an early lunch of wraps and fruit for me and cheeseburger and fries for Paul

As we were in Cozumel, we took some photos of Becky's Duffy Bear, or Señor Duffy as we called him due to his Mexican outfit

DSCN2215.jpg

DSCN2214.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

We disembarked after lunch and had a wander down to the main harbour road. I wasn't impressed with Cozumel, it was just like Nassau, with people constantly hassling us to come into their shop or asking if we needed taxis or hair braided

DSCN2225.jpg

DSCN2230.jpg

DSCN2227.jpg

DSCN2226.jpg

DSCN2231.jpg

We found a small Hard Rock bar and stopped for a quick drink, then we wandered down to the proper Hard Rock Cafe that was 5 blocks down the road where I had a couple of Hurricanes and Paul had Coronas. On our way out we bought a couple of HRC Cozumel t-shirts then headed back to the ship

DSCN2234.jpg

DSCN2235.jpg

DSCN2236.jpg

DSCN2238.jpg

We got back onboard around 3ish and we chilled in our room watching Lilo & Stitch on the TV. We wandered down to Signals and I had the drink of the day, a Pineapple Mojito, now I've never had a normal Mojito before as I've never liked the idea of all the mint in it, so I thought this would just be mainly pineapple, how wrong was I ? It was disgusting, cocktails should never have mint in them. We grabbed some snacks and I had a Bahama Mama to take the taste of the mint away, it then started to rain and over the next hour or so we saw Pirate Mickey and watched the ship leave Cozumel

DSCN2240.jpg

Evil Pineapple Mojito ~ yuck !!

DSCN2242.jpg

Lovely Bahama Mama ~ cheers !!

DSCN2241.jpg

DSCN2244.jpg

Tonight was Pirate Night, so we got ready for dinner, and went down to Lumiere's. I had chicken tenders in a lovely dip, Caribbean chicken and the trio of mini desserts and Paul had jerk chicken, steak and also the sweet temptations dessert, and once again we had a lovely evening

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

After dinner we went up to Deck 10 for the Pirates in the Caribbean party, and once again the party was saved from Captain Hook by Captain Mickey, who hailed the start of the fireworks

DSCN2261.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0578.jpg

I think I had one last cocktail, and then we went to bed

Wow ... I am really enjoying this cruise along with you Mandy .. we had Sylvester from India as our server in Palo twice in September and he was brilliant. :goodvibes

It all looks amazing, you looked beautiful for formal night, very elegant.

That Margaritaville looks fab, I want to go, I am impressed with the cocktail count honey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter