Mandymouse's Trippy Part 2 ~ Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise

Excellent cruise Photo's & you looked stunning for the formal dinner :)

Thursday 4th November '10 ~ Day at Sea ~ Party cloudy, chance of rain

We had a lie in this morning, thanks to the clocks going forward an hour. We hadn't got much planned for today. Paul got ready and went off to find some loungers up on top deck and I went to deliver my Fish Extender gifts

I ran into Paul 1/2 an hour later and it turned out that it was raining. So we went to Topsiders for some breakfast, then when the rain cleared we sat out for an hour or two, but there wasn't much sun around

After chilling in our room for a while, we sorted through all our presents and then headed down to the Cove Cafe with our laptop to chat to the girls

We sat happily chatting and drinking a few cocktails, and then it started to rain .. and then it started to pour down .. and it didn't let up all evening

DSCN2265.jpg

DSCN2266.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

Tonight was semi-formal night. We checked the menu outside Animator's Palate but we were a little put off by all the seafood on offer, so we made the decision to eat in Topsiders instead

We grabbed a cocktail from Signals (while trying to dodge the downpour) and headed to Topsiders. It was our first time eating an evening meal here, so we weren't really sure what we were to do. We were shown the display of all the food that was being served, then we were seated. We both chose Minestrone Soup to start, then I had turkey with sweet potato (which was delish) and Paul had a huge Porterhouse Steak, and for dessert we had a yummy cheesecake

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

We really enjoyed eating at Topsiders tonight. It made a lovely change not to get overly dressed up, and to eat a little earlier too (as most evenings we didn't leave the table till gone 10ish)

When we finished dinner we grabbed a cocktail from Signals which we took into the Cove Cafe to watch a US footie game

We then turned in for the night

DSCN2270.jpg

That sounds like a lovely relaxing meal, I totally agree that it must have been lovely not to worry about dressing up, its nice to have a chill out.

During a sleepless night, Paul and his camera went for a wander around a rather deserted ship

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0633.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0638.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0694.jpg

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0776.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

:hug: Thanks again for taking the time to read my trip report and leaving your comments

Your reviews are just great Mandy, I really look forward to reading them :goodvibes

I don't even know what's in a Bahama Mama but I want one :rotfl:

Aww thank you. Now a Bahama Mama is basically dark/white and coconut rums with juice, and it's delish

Ooh, you're making me very excited for my upcoming cruise! I wish mine was stopping at Key West.

I like your Halloween-y dinner outfit. Very nice! ::yes::

LOL, my Halloween-y outfit consisted of a Claire's spiders web necklace and a Halloween £1 sticky tattoo from Asda :rotfl2:

Wow ... I am really enjoying this cruise along with you Mandy .. we had Sylvester from India as our server in Palo twice in September and he was brilliant. :goodvibes

Sylvester was so nice, we had him again when we went for dinner on our final night :)

Wow! You both looked fab for Formal Night. :thumbsup2

Love Paul's girly dessert. :rotfl:

It all looks amazing, you looked beautiful for formal night, very elegant.

That Margaritaville looks fab, I want to go, I am impressed with the cocktail count honey.

Excellent cruise Photo's & you looked stunning for the formal dinner :)

Those night shots are great.

Love your dress from formal night.

:hug: Aww bless you, but I have to smile as my outfit consisted of a black Summer dress from Republic (about £21 with Becky's student discount) and a necklace from Peacocks :rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like a wonderful cruise so far. Those night shots are beautiful! :)

those night shots,are absolutely fantastic:thumbsup2
i love,the way you write,your trip reports & they always make,great reading!
thanks for sharing
tracy

aww. Thanks so much for all the pictures and the trip report Mandy.

I am getting so excited.

I am finally all packed ready to leave in the morning:goodvibes

I loved the night pictures. I like to wander the ship late at night when there is hardly a person in sight. Feels like the whole ship belongs to me. ;)

No hanging out in the nightclubs this time? I still remember when we went in 2007, the DJ knew you by name :lmao: He always called us "Mandy's group".

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Wow Mandy the photos of the ship at night are amazing :yay:

Thanks for taking the time to do this review I am really enjoying reading along

By the way you looked fab on formal night - love your dress :goodvibes

Paul's sleeplessness paid off! Those pics are just amazing. They look really professional. :thumbsup2

LOL, my Halloween-y outfit consisted of a Claire's spiders web necklace and a Halloween £1 sticky tattoo from Asda :rotfl2:

Well, I meant your nice purple dress too! :lmao:

:hug: Aww bless you, but I have to smile as my outfit consisted of a black Summer dress from Republic (about £21 with Becky's student discount) and a necklace from Peacocks :rotfl::rotfl:

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to look nice. :goodvibes

Hi Mandy
Just catching up on the trippie, great report as usual :goodvibes
I would like to visit the HRC's that you have been to, have you been in the one at Nassau?
Nice pics of the desserted ship :thumbsup2
Can you purchase internet on a 24 hour basis or is it for the cruise duration?
Looking forward to the next installments.

I have never seen rain like that on baord the ship .. it looks very strange :confused3 Love all those photos of the ship taken by Paul at night. They look like they should be in a brochure or something.

Friday 5th November '10 ~ Castaway Cay ~ High mid 70's

It was a rather cloudy day today. We disembarked, and walked towards the family beach, stopping off to take photos along the way. We ran into Captain Jack Sparrow and had a photo taken with the Flying Dutchman behind us

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2275.jpg

DSCN2277.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2281.jpg

DSCN2282.jpg

DSCN2284.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

We continued past the family beach and caught the tram to Serenity Bay. We found a couple of loungers, took some pics then chilled for a couple of hours

DSCN2286.jpg

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2294.jpg

DSCN2296.jpg

DSCN2298.jpg

I must admit that being so cloudy made lying out very comfortable and time just flew by

Around 11.30am we went to get some lunch, and we enjoyed steaks, burgers, chicken and salad. We then finished off with some ice-cream then had a Konk Kooler from the Castaway Air Bar

DSCN2300.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2304.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

Cont'd ..

After another lie out for an hour or so we headed back on the tram to the family beach stopping off for a cocktail at the Heads Up Bar and then we enjoyed Happy Hour at the Conched Out Bar too

DSCN2310.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

DSCN2316.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2321.jpg

DSCN2323.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

We had a look in the little shop, then wandered back to the Magic

When we got back onboard we were really surprised on how much we'd caught the sun as it hadn't been sunny at all. At 5pm we watched as the Disney Magic pulled away from Castaway Cay. I stood waving to the CM's still on the island and they waved for a while, then suddenly they held hands and bowed, well my eyes just filled up, I hadn't seen them do that before

DSCN2332.jpg

DSCN2333.jpg

Tonight we had dinner at Palo. We checked in at 8pm and once again Sylvester from India was our server. First we ordered a bottle of Asti :-)hug: thank you Sandy, we used your room credit gift for this), then we started off with breads and dips, and then enjoyed a plate of antipasto. For starter I had Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Paul had Tuna. For our mains I had the Rack of Lamb and Paul had the Beef Tenderloin Palo, and Sylvester also brought out a bowl of Spaghetti for us to share

DSCN2338.jpg

DSCN2339.jpg

DSCN2340.jpg

The food was delicious, and we were absolutely stuffed, though somehow I managed to finish off my Tiramisu and Paul had some Panna Cotta .. and then Sylvester brought out some ice-cream too :faint:

We had a lovely evening, and when I said that it had been our wedding anniversary the previous week, Sylvester brought this plate out to us (phew ! thank goodness it wasn't something else to eat :rotfl::rotfl:)

After dinner we finished packing, put our cases out for our room host to take away ready for the following morning, and we popped down to Parrot Cay to say goodbye to our tablemates and to give our servers their tip envelopes, and after a final walk around the ship, we went to bed

Saturday 6th November '10 ~ High 60ish

The Captain had mentioned the day before that the weather back in Orlando was going to be a lot cooler, so when Paul & I were removed kicking and screaming from the Disney Magic the cold hit us good and hard (brr
4.gif
)

Although it was cold, it was lovely and sunny, so there was no way I was going to spend my last day in WDW in anything but shorts, and top (though a little cardi did sneak on)

We drove to DTD Virgin check-in around 9.30am and were thrilled that there was only about 3 other families ahead of us. We held our breath as our cases were weighed (phew, no problems there), so 1/2 an hour later we were driving away wondering what we were going to do for our last day

It didn't take that long for us to decide on buying a 1 day ticket for Epcot (no surprise there then eh ? ;) ).

... and this is where my notes finish ...

Well what I do remember is that we rode Test Track, and went up to a very busy World Showcase

DSCN2347.jpg

DSCN2348.jpg

DSCN2350.jpg

Here I am looking happy to have another glass of something pink and fizzy

DSCN2351.jpg

.. and here I am looking sad coz it's my last glass of something pink and fizzy

DSCN2352.jpg

We also finished our holiday how we started it by having a Japanese Curry at the Yakatori House

We left Epcot and sadly drove to the airport. Our flight left on time and I remember it being a rather bumpy flight home

DSCN2353.jpg

Gutted that it's the end of your hols and your trip report. Have really enjoyed it !! Sad to think thats the last photo you'll ever take of the Flying Dutchman.

Wow Mandy the photos of the ship at night are amazing :yay:

Thanks for taking the time to do this review I am really enjoying reading along

By the way you looked fab on formal night - love your dress :goodvibes

What she said!!:thumbsup2

A fab trip report - its like we are there with you.

Thanks you for taking the time to write it - great reading! :santa:

Katie

Great trip report Mandy - I loved everything about it but the pictures of a deserted ship definately stood out for me. Absolutely stunning.
And after seeing his name in one of your other pics I searched Mike McCarey on Google Images - Oh! My! God! What a talented man he is :goodvibes
Thanks for sharing your holiday with us.
One more thing? Will Duffy be getting his own Facebook page :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter