Marathon Weekend 2018

180 days from today is December 31st so that is why you are seeing just 2017 as it isn't your window yet.

Thanks! Being a math major, I know better than to actually try to add and subtract, so I used this website: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=1&d1=3&y1=2018&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=180&rec=

to calculate 180 days from January 3rd and it said July 2nd. But it was operator error. I added 180, rather than subtracted 180, so it was actually saying 1/3/2018 + 180 days = 7/2/2018. I changed it to subtract and got the correct answer.

Doh!

Don't be scared of the Restaurant board -

I was halfway kidding about this part. But in retrospect, it was a good move: I exposed my error to a much smaller audience! :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Thanks! Being a math major, I know better than to actually try to add and subtract, so I used this website: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?m1=1&d1=3&y1=2018&type=add&ay=&am=&aw=&ad=180&rec=

to calculate 180 days from January 3rd and it said July 2nd. But it was operator error. I added 180, rather than subtracted 180, so it was actually saying 1/3/2018 + 180 days = 7/2/2018. I changed it to subtract and got the correct answer.

Doh!

I was halfway kidding about this part. But in retrospect, it was a good move: I exposed my error to a much smaller audience! :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Don't let @Keels know you are a math major - she hates math talk on this board ;)

(Says the mechanical/quality engineer + math tutor).

Too embarrassed to ask this on the Restaurant thread: my reservation for marathon weekend starts January 3rd, so I should already be in the 180 day ADR window, correct?

Logged into MDE (online not app), when I go to look at ADRs, the calendar only goes through the end of 2017. Any suggestions?

180 days before Jan 3 is July 7, so you have three more days!

Doh!

You can also just google "Disney ADR calculator". Several sites out there that will do the math for you. I think there is one somewhere on this site.

Has anybody stayed at a Value resort and ran the marathon?

Trying to keep costs low on this trip and we really aren't in our room much anyway (last trip we were gone 8 am - 10 pm every day).

Last marathon, I stayed at POR - nice resort, but again, didn't spend much time there and was not happy about marathon morning bus service (must have been a fluke though).

Trying to keep costs low on this trip and we really aren't in our room much anyway (last trip we were gone 8 am - 10 pm every day).

Last marathon, I stayed at POR - nice resort, but again, didn't spend much time there and was not happy about marathon morning bus service (must have been a fluke though).

Maybe I missed it, but what happened marathon morning? What time were you there to get on the bus etc etc? I've always thought they've done an amazing job getting that many people to the start area at basically the same time..

Last year I stayed at POP for the 5k and 10k and then ASMo for the marathon. I had a good experience at both and think they would be a good fit for you. As far as buses, there were at least 3 waiting for the runners each morning when I got there.

We have stayed at POP and Sports for marathon weekend and buses were great. All-Stars are smaller than POP which I kind of like but I like the food court better at POP & Art of Animation. The lake is nice too between POP and Art of Animation. I know value isn't for everyone, but we've always had clean rooms and request top floor for less noise & it's been fine.

I've stayed at POP for the last 2 marathons and everything went very smoothly. This year I'm staying at AKL because 6 of us are getting a larger room AND we are trying to make this a "bigger deal". However, I'm actually expecting weaker bus service at AKL vs. POP. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Count me as one more who has stayed at one of the Values for marathon weekend. It worked for what I wanted just as much as a DVC studio has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter