Marathon Weekend 2018

So all that needs to happen is one of us needs to win Tuesday's Powerball. Then promise to invite everyone on this forum!

I'm not a party person, but I would arrange a private Highway in the Sky, with a specially designed menu of food and drinks.

This is what I'm doing in 2018! It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be to get Disney to allow it!

Happy Sunday everyone!

As always Sundays are for Disney.

Today's question: if money was not an issue what would be your post race celebration?

My answer: I think I would do an Illuminations boat cruise as that seems like a unique way to see the show. Another option would maybe be taking the Grand One Yacht out at the GF at night for the fireworks and electrical water pageant.

Oh this isn't even a challenge for me: A VIP tour the day after the marathon. I've always wanted to do one. Then maybe dinner at Victoria and Alberts just to try it once.

I don't drink at all so a lot of the more adult stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Today's question: if money was not an issue what would be your post race celebration?

I don't think it would change. I'm really invested in going to Ohana for dinner.

Mine are displayed in the hallway, so the lighting isn't the best. My most recent Disney and national park medals have buried the simpler medals underneath. They really have gotten more grand over time.
Wow! I didn't realize the National Parks medals matched. That is something I may have to consider doing.

Definitely would stay in one of those bungalows out on the water at the Poly ;) And then do a VIP tour of all four parks - how fun!

Also, I am super frustrated with my body right now. I have Crohn's and am having a mild flare. I can eat again (yay) but I'm still too tired to run. This little flare is putting me WAY behind on marathon training. Its been almost 4 weeks since my last run - my small intestine needs to GET IT TOGETHER. Sorry for the venting - there's just not much I can do and I am frustrated at falling so far behind. I felt like you guys would understand my frustration :upsidedow I was doing the Galloway plan, so I think my plan will be to start running again once walking a mile to work doesn't almost kill me and just focus on the long runs for the weekends and skip the shorter runs in an attempt to continue to gain mileage.

Definitely would stay in one of those bungalows out on the water at the Poly ;) And then do a VIP tour of all four parks - how fun!

Also, I am super frustrated with my body right now. I have Crohn's and am having a mild flare. I can eat again (yay) but I'm still too tired to run. This little flare is putting me WAY behind on marathon training. Its been almost 4 weeks since my last run - my small intestine needs to GET IT TOGETHER. Sorry for the venting - there's just not much I can do and I am frustrated at falling so far behind. I felt like you guys would understand my frustration :upsidedow I was doing the Galloway plan, so I think my plan will be to start running again once walking a mile to work doesn't almost kill me and just focus on the long runs for the weekends and skip the shorter runs in an attempt to continue to gain mileage.

Sorry to hear you are having issues right now. I hope the flare up subsides soon.

I'm looking back through these ideas and pricing some of them out. The Tuesday that we arrive will be DW and I's 20th anniversary. I am looking for different options for special ways to celebrate. The Grand 1 yacht looks really neat, but with so much of Happily Ever After being projections on the castle it seems like you'd miss out not watching it from inside the park.

@IamTrike DH & I are celebrating our 20th anniversary while there as well. We arrive on Weds the 3rd which is a week after our actual anniversary. If we see you there we'll be sure to wish you all a very happy anniversary!

DH and I are celebrating with a meal at Artist Point (he doesn't know I made the ADR yet, I don't think). We'll have our 3 DDs with us and it'll be our last vacation as a family of 5 for a while because the oldest will be graduating HS in the spring. So our family is celebrating at the HEA dessert party with plaza garden viewing.

@IamTrike DH & I are celebrating our 20th anniversary while there as well. We arrive on Weds the 3rd which is a week after our actual anniversary. If we see you there we'll be sure to wish you all a very happy anniversary!

DH and I are celebrating with a meal at Artist Point (he doesn't know I made the ADR yet, I don't think). We'll have our 3 DDs with us and it'll be our last vacation as a family of 5 for a while because the oldest will be graduating HS in the spring. So our family is celebrating at the HEA dessert party with plaza garden viewing.

We'll wish you a happy anniversary if we see you too. This is a trip with couple friends. We'll have 19 total but will usually travel in groups of 8 or 9. What resort are you staying at? We were at Poly for our 15th and the gave us really neat special flower and banana leaf leis. We're at Contemporary this year so not expecting much or anything at check in. DW and I have a Dinner at CRT on our anniversary and we might do a dessert party after that. I think we are going to Discovery Cove too. Trying to think of another way to surprise her though. Would like to do a small gift for each day of the trip. She doesn't like Dooney's or Jewelry much though which makes it tough.

I am doing Dopey and my wife is doing the 5K and half marathon. What is the best time to hit the expo on Wednesday to pick up our bibs, etc.? In an ideal world, we would love to do it rather quickly without a lot of waiting in lines.

Looking at and purchasing merchandise is not a focus of ours.

I've got a playlist in Google Music, my favorite one with movie songs from "Someday My Prince Will Come" all the way to "How Far I'll Go" from Moana.

I listen to a set of YouTube vlogs, from our friends at The DIS, DSNY Newscast for concise info about what's new at Disney, Rob Plays for trivia, and a few others. ResortTV1 is good to get background music from the parks and resorts. DFBGuide is fun to listen about food at Disney, but they've been getting long winded, lately.

I'll poke around The DIS' sister site, WDW Info, for news. I like touring plans website to try to arrange (and rearrange) my schedule in the parks. @kennythepirate has a great site to find all the characters around Disney (yes, I'm calling you out Kenny!)

I also have some Disney clothes, and poke around the official Shop Disney app for what's new. I'll also look about eBay for stuff where the authenticity isn't important.

I also look at the official Disney website to see if they've updated park hours for early January (why is MK closing at 9:00 on the 2nd?)

Kenny has amazing touring plans on Character Locator as well ;)

I am doing Dopey and my wife is doing the 5K and half marathon. What is the best time to hit the expo on Wednesday to pick up our bibs, etc.? In an ideal world, we would love to do it rather quickly without a lot of waiting in lines.

Looking at and purchasing merchandise is not a focus of ours.
If merchandise is not a focus. Later in the day on Wednesday is best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter