Marathon Weekend 2018

I’m a cheapo that only buys one Disney photo at a time. But being there 10 days, kids races x2 and my Goofy..... should I prebuy? I only have dates until 1/4 booked, should I wait until I have all of them?

Looks like it starts the first time they take a pic.

Last edited:
I’m a cheapo that only buys one Disney photo at a time. But being there 10 days, kids races x2 and my Goofy..... should I prebuy? I only have dates until 1/4 booked, should I wait until I have all of them?
I would pre-buy memory maker. Its cheaper when you buy in advance anyways. That way you can get all of your race photos and then anything you do in the parks.

Hi everyone! I'll be staying at the Yacht Club. My training has not been the best lately since running the Chicago Marathon, but I am aiming to get one dopey simulation in next weekend. We are so close!!

Ohhhhh yes. Definitely yes. Mmmhmm. We did this last year -- they took 200+ photos in five days.
A) YOU will be in the photos (versus being the photographer).
B) They have candid ride photos
C) They have mini movies on certain rides (Seven Dwarfs).
D) They will create special pix where they add in Disney characters (Tinkerbell, Olaf..).

We really liked the photopass/memory maker service.

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like the cutoff for corral A was within corral E and for corral B within corral H. Follow-up:

1) @camaker, @FFigawi, @VAfamily1998 were in Corral E. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
2) @Keels, @Disney at Heart, @MissLiss279 were in Corral H. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
3) @mrsg00fy, @MommaoffherRocker, @swade95, @sammykster, @sjt22 - you were all in corrals for Dopey last year that will help determine more cutoffs. Can I hear your corral breakdown? You can PM if desired.

Thanks again everyone!

22861 with a POT of 1:40:29 for a 10-miler.

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like the cutoff for corral A was within corral E and for corral B within corral H. Follow-up:

1) @camaker, @FFigawi, @VAfamily1998 were in Corral E. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
2) @Keels, @Disney at Heart, @MissLiss279 were in Corral H. What were your bib #s for last year? You can give me as little digits or PM me if desired.
3) @mrsg00fy, @MommaoffherRocker, @swade95, @sammykster, @sjt22 - you were all in corrals for Dopey last year that will help determine more cutoffs. Can I hear your corral breakdown? You can PM if desired.

Thanks again everyone!

I was bib 26966 which was corral E for the 5k/10k and they changed my corral for the half/full so I’m not sure what it was originally(I wanna say N) but I was moved to J.

Life has gotten the best of me lately so I haven’t been on here in forever but @rteetz I will be at CR :)

I’ll be at a Old Key West for marathon weekend. The past few years we used the kitchen in the 2 bedroom villa, my sister even made us pancakes and muffins for breakfast after one of the races. We didn’t have a frying pan for the pancakes so she improvised with a pot- they still tasted great!

Just an FYI, the OKW 1 and 2 bedrooms should always come with 2 frying pans. If anything is ever missing from a villa, just call housekeeping and they'll send someone over with a replacement. Last time, we were missing a spatula and they came by with one in 15 minutes!

I also think you should get it. Its a much longer trip plus all your race photos. I think you need to pre-purchase at least three days in advance of your first pic though. I don't see any advantage for waiting to buy it.

I also think you should get it. Its a much longer trip plus all your race photos. I think you need to pre-purchase at least three days in advance of your first pic though. I don't see any advantage for waiting to buy it.
Ditto everybody who said this. I was the kind of person who would scoff at paying that kind of money for pictures. But I had an annual pass last year and enjoyed getting the pictures so much that the free memory maker alone is what made me decide to get another AP this year. Love it. Especially if you're doing races.

Ohhhhh yes. Definitely yes. Mmmhmm. We did this last year -- they took 200+ photos in five days.
A) YOU will be in the photos (versus being the photographer).
B) They have candid ride photos
C) They have mini movies on certain rides (Seven Dwarfs).
D) They will create special pix where they add in Disney characters (Tinkerbell, Olaf..).

We really liked the photopass/memory maker service.

Thanks for the heads up on Memory Maker! We are staying for 5 days, with 6 people and a total of 7 races between us all, definitely sounds worth the investment, so I just bought one.

Question for the group - When (if at all) do the balloon ladies stop pulling runners off of the course for the Half Marathon? Is there a point when you are safe from being pulled from the course? I have an injured wife who is worried (plantar fasciitis).

Thanks.

Question for the group - When (if at all) do the balloon ladies stop pulling runners off of the course for the Half Marathon? Is there a point when you are safe from being pulled from the course? I have an injured wife who is worried (plantar fasciitis).

Thanks.

I don't know for sure, but you're probably safe once you make the hairpin turn near mile 12 and make your way into Epcot. Once you're off the roads, I think they don't bother sweeping.

I don't know for sure, but you're probably safe once you make the hairpin turn near mile 12 and make your way into Epcot. Once you're off the roads, I think they don't bother sweeping.
I'm going to second this. My friend did Princess this year (same or similar course) and the last place they were pulling was just before Epcot.

Thank goodness the name on my resort reservation was finally changed and I was able to get it linked to My Disney Experience. It’s feeling real now!

Anyone thinking bib numbers next week? Today is 4 weeks out and 3 seems to be typical for that info.

I believe @Keels said charity registration info was due on Dec 13th. I have to believe it's after that. So my guess is corral info released on Dec 15th.

Most likely. They will encourage you to keep moving along but if you have to stop and rest, they have a golf cart to pick you up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter