Marathon Weekend 2018

Completely off topic question. My DH just texted me that my puppy climbed up on my table and chewed up my magical express tag! Anyone know offhand if they will send me a new one and where to call to get one? Plus I had to go thru my DVC rental place to get the tags in the first place so do I have to go thru them again? Ugh!

Just in case you don't get them in time, I was told you can either get your bag from baggage claim and take it to the MDE counter(I know that kind of defeats the purpose) or give them your baggage claim ticket and they will get it for you. The last seems like you're putting a lot of faith in them but I guess at least you have options if you don't get your replacement.

Completely off topic question. My DH just texted me that my puppy climbed up on my table and chewed up my magical express tag! Anyone know offhand if they will send me a new one and where to call to get one? Plus I had to go thru my DVC rental place to get the tags in the first place so do I have to go thru them again? Ugh!

You actually don't need the tags at all. They didn't send me any tags for my Marathon Weekend trip last year. You just go to the DME desk at the airport and show them the luggage claim bar codes you get from the airline. They scan the bar code and use that information to pull your bag and route it to your room. My bag arrived in my room with no issues and no tag.

So ... I still need to do another long run or two, probably need to mix in a simulation of some sort, need to pull all of my costume/outfits together and then pack up the house to leave for Florida next week ... BUT ...

At least Marathon Weekend shirts for my crew are all finished! Priorities, you know??

View attachment 287316

View attachment 287317
I love your shirts - they're fantastic!!!

But if you entered an estimated finish time that does not require PoT, not entering PoT makes no difference. That's what I'm getting at - it all hinges on what you entered on your estimated finish time. Examples...

A. person A enters an estimated finish of 5:25:00 (marathon - I can't remember now if we're talking about the full or half!), which is a time that requires PoT. A fails to submit PoT and will be placed in the last corral.

B. person B enters an estimated finish of 5:50:00, which does not require PoT. B does not submit PoT, since it isn't required, and is placed in the 3rd-from-last corral because that is teh corral assigned to 5:50:00 finishers.

So whether or not your potential lack of PoT matters is totally dependent on what finish time you entered.

Thanks to the knowledge base herein, I went to Active and determined exactly what is on the record. It turns out that I did not update the POT to reflect the September 2017 USAF Half. The time that is recorded is the original estimate of 3:15 (for the half). So I fall under category B above. Thank you for helping me understand my situation.

That's a pessimistic time. I had completed the USAF half in ~2:55 the previous September. I guess I was just being cautious and probably anticipated an update after the 2017 USAF half which did not occur and it's totally my fault.

For the benefit of others: I emailed TrackShack and explained the situation. Their response was that the POT window had closed and they were unable to either grant an extension or change the selected POT. They recommended talking to the pacing group onsite at the expo. I will try this but am not holding onto any significant hope that it will have an impact.

Assessing the corral assignments from 2017, I believe that one of the last two corrals will be where I start. Thanks to @DopeBadger advice, I am optimistic that things will be fine. Good attitude, faster pace when possible (PR the last ~10k), adhere to tangents. It'll all be good.

I'm wondering why Disney just automatically places people without PoT in the last corral. You would think they would place them in one of the first corrals that doesn't require PoT (the 5:30:00 corrals for example) for safety reasons. It would be dangerous to have all of these sub 4 hour marathoners in the last corral with a lot of walkers.
I don't think that's accurate. RunDisney places people based on their estimated finish time AND their PoT. For example, if I don't enter a PoT but do enter an estimated finish of 5:40:00 then I would be placed in the corral with everyone else who estimated a finish of 5:40:00 but did not submit a PoT. If I didn't submit a PoT but stated I estimated to finish in 7:00:00 I would be put in the last corral. There are two places where this gets tricky. If you are right on the edge of PoT submissions (i.e. 5:30-5:40) or if you submit an estimated finish without a PoT to back it up. In either of those scenarios your corral is much less secure.

In the former case, a survey of rD FB groups (by our own @Keels) showed that if you run say a 5:32:00-5:40:00 marathon and submit a PoT you are likely to be placed behind those who submitted an estimated finish of 5:30:00 without a proof of time. The issue is many of those who don't have a proof of time will submit a 5:30:00 that because it is the first time where you don't have to have a proof of time. Last year there were two corrals with people who claimed to run a 5:30:00 and one for people who ran between a 5:30:00 and a 5:50:00.

In the later case, TrackShack (the company runDisney works with and the company responsible for corralling) places you at their discretion so you get placed behind PoT submissions and somewhere between 5:30:00-7:00:00.

91 total Disers

All Star Movies 2
All Star Music 0
All Star Sports 5
Art of Animation 2
Pop Century 12
Caribbean Beach 1
Coronado Springs 6
Ft. Wilderness 2
Port Orleans French Quarter 2
Port Orleans Riverside 6
Animal Kingdom Lodge 7
Bay Lake Tower 3
Beach Club/Yacht Club 13
Boardwalk 6
Contemporary 3
Grand Floridian 0
Old Key West 7
Polynesian 4
Saratoga Springs 12
Wilderness Lodge 1
Offsite 6
Shades of Green 1
Swan and Dolphin 0

I'm wondering why Disney just automatically places people without PoT in the last corral. You would think they would place them in one of the first corrals that doesn't require PoT (the 5:30:00 corrals for example) for safety reasons. It would be dangerous to have all of these sub 4 hour marathoners in the last corral with a lot of walkers.
But how are they supposed to know that you can run a sub-4 marathon if you don't submit PoT?

I'm in love with that shirt. The 'except the start times' really sold it for me.

@Keels I am in love with those shirts! They are fantastic!!!

That shirt is amazing @Keels :lovestruc

Amazing shirs @Keels

I love your shirts - they're fantastic!!!

Thanks guys! I figured for my last RunDisney race I needed something to reflect my least-favorite aspect of a RunDisney race ... WAKING UP SO DANG EARLY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter