One month until registration!! It feels so weird to be booking rooms and (soon) dining before registration.

I know this is probably a question for the dining thread... But you all are experts, so here it goes:

I booked my room for arriving Thursday, but depending on flights, there is a good chance that we won't actually arrive until Friday and cancel the Thursday night room. When I book my dining, my 180 date will be based on the Thursday arrival. Will that cause a problem later down the road if I cancel that night (since I technically should have waited 1 more day)?
I know I've read instances where people booked a room onsite to get the earlier ADR and FastPass+ reservations and then canceled them after making the reservations only to find out that canceling the rooms cancelled their room benefits as well.

I do not know what happens if you only cancel one day of a stay as opposed to the entire stay and yet keep the park tickets tied to that reservation.

One month until registration!! It feels so weird to be booking rooms and (soon) dining before registration.

I know this is probably a question for the dining thread... But you all are experts, so here it goes:

I booked my room for arriving Thursday, but depending on flights, there is a good chance that we won't actually arrive until Friday and cancel the Thursday night room. When I book my dining, my 180 date will be based on the Thursday arrival. Will that cause a problem later down the road if I cancel that night (since I technically should have waited 1 more day)?

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that if you cancel after you book but within the 180 day window for the new reservation then it doesn't mess up your reservations. I've never done that personally, but I do think I've read that here somewhere.

I for one am glad for the delay in registration.
I do understand the Dopey's being anxious though.

I hope to register for the WDW Marathon 26 in early December like I am used to doing.
Last year being the 25th, it sold out on November 2nd.
I registered October 28th.
Nailed it! Even without the %-sold that they used to post on the site.

I for one am glad for the delay in registration.
I do understand the Dopey's being anxious though.

I hope to register for the WDW Marathon 26 in early December like I am used to doing.
Last year being the 25th, it sold out on November 2nd.
I registered October 28th.
Nailed it! Even without the %-sold that they used to post on the site.

And for Dopeys that ARE nervous - don't worry. I didn't get my bib for this year locked down until the week before Christmas. I still got to submit PoT and was corralled appropriately! The only thing I missed out was my name not being on my bib.

They have given me ample time to change my mind. I don't know if my commitment level can hold up another month.

I KNOW HOW TO MAKE THAT STICK!

We’ve already lost @roxymama and the @rteetz face painting spectacular is on the rocks! We can’t afford to lose you, too!

Who said the @rteetz Face-Painting Spectacular is on the rocks?!? #Panda2019

We’ve already lost @roxymama and the @rteetz face painting spectacular is on the rocks! We can’t afford to lose you, too!

And for Dopeys that ARE nervous - don't worry. I didn't get my bib for this year locked down until the week before Christmas. I still got to submit PoT and was corralled appropriately! The only thing I missed out was my name not being on my bib.

I KNOW HOW TO MAKE THAT STICK!

Who said the @rteetz Face-Painting Spectacular is on the rocks?!? #Panda2019

Technically you've gained a roxymama since I never said I was going full Dopey. So half of one is still coming out ahead.
I believe I'm owed at least half of a panda face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter