Marathon Weekend 2021

Ironically, FL's move to Phase 3 today would allow WDW to hold races according to official reopening guidelines. WDW hasn't followed the state's guidelines from the start, and I'm sure they knew this was coming - I think it points to wanting the decision to cancel Marathon and PHM weekends to be done before the announcement from the governor.
ughhhh... that hurts to hear that. ding dang

Now, on to more important things than me overthinking virtual races ...

Are we continuing this thread through the Marathon Weekend dates and, if so, do you all want to continue with SAFD?

Definitely yes to both! People are running virtual races, others planning to be at Disney over race weekend anyway, and I’m sure DATW will happen in some form.

It looks like I'm cancelling my Jan trip. My friend has backed out because the race isn't happening. I was thinking of going anyway, but it makes more sense for me to postpone. However, I don't want to wait until 2022 to do my first marathon. I set the goal to do it in 2021, and I want to meet that goal. I was planning to travel somewhere else in Dec/Jan/Feb to do a race since my training has been going well, and I got some great suggestions, but there's a race in April in my state, MA, that I could drive to and seems like a good fit. It's called the "cheap marathon" because it's only $26.21. There's no medal and no shirt (though you can buy a shirt). The idea of not getting a medal bothered me until I realized that I could opt to get the virtual WDW marathon medal. I don't "need" a medal, but I would like one for my first marathon. Now I need to figure out what to do with my training and when to go to Disney. I already bought park tickets to reserve park passes, but I believe I can apply their value to future tickets. My longest run in my plan so far has been 14 miles. I'm thinking of keeping my long runs at about 8 miles for a while and then building back up next year. Any suggestions?

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

So, it was a disappointing week. But we're runners, but we persevere through adversity, stay optimistic and always keep looking ahead.

For this week's Sundays are for Disney, let's look ahead to the return of runDisney and race weekends and try to list everything we are looking forward to. We'll list them off, one at a time, like the "what do you love about Disney" SAFD from a few months back.

1. Parking lot beers.

Have a safe and health week, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter