Marathon Weekend Weather Thread

I have no idea what this stands for... Your mileage may vary??? But, yeah, we all have our own personal preference when it comes to running weather.

You got it. Your Mileage May Vary. I just think it's funny reading all the weather reports on the boards. This time of year, I think those folks up north are crazy to be out running in those temps. In the summer time I get those same folks telling me how crazy it is to be running in the temps here. It's all about acclimation and experience.

You got it. Your Mileage May Vary. I just think it's funny reading all the weather reports on the boards. This time of year, I think those folks up north are crazy to be out running in those temps. In the summer time I get those same folks telling me how crazy it is to be running in the temps here. It's all about acclimation and experience.
I agree with you. What did me in was I did most of my long runs in 35 to 55 morning lows and then WDW marathon was ~25 degrees warmer than what I trained for and I could really get my self acclimated to the weather as it take a few runs to do so. So I just suffered on the back end.

It is getting closer, and the extended forecast is showing highs in the mid 70's and lows in the lower 50's..:teeth:

Yeah I'm watching it too, knowing that it's likely to change. That being said other than being a little warm at the end of the Marathon that would be really great weather for the rest of the weekend.

I have nothing better to do and yes I know its still early and it can change but here is the current forecast.

1/4- High- 71 Low- 54
1/5- High- 81 Low- 56
1/6- High- 70 Low- 54
1/7- High- 74 Low- 55
1/8- High- 74 Low- 52
Oh...I like that 81!
I would LOVE a hot sunny Florida vacation. I'm ok with it being hot on the course--I'm not planning to try and PR or any other type of goals, except finish! :)

Oh...I like that 81!
I would LOVE a hot sunny Florida vacation. I'm ok with it being hot on the course--I'm not planning to try and PR or any other type of goals, except finish! :)
Considering that's the 5K day it likely won't be that warm at 6am.

Yes....but if it can be 81 later that afternoon and I can be lounging by the pool... :)

And THAT's what's really important!!

This is the plan for us - a little pool time every day with drink in hand. Hoping for weather that will allow us to get wet while doing this. :sunny:

Once we return home, it is back into the thick of winter for 2 more months.

This is the plan for us - a little pool time every day with drink in hand. Hoping for weather that will allow us to get wet while doing this. :sunny:

Once we return home, it is back into the thick of winter for 2 more months.

If it helps, I've been in the pool and hot tub at the house off and on since 10:30 this morning - so definitely doable with this weather!

It's not the temps I'm worried about, more of the humidity and ultimately the dew points. Training in 20 - 30 degrees with dry air is quite the contrast to what possibly awaits for race days. It has set me back a few times for other Disney runs.

Reporting in from about 100 miles SE of Disney...ran my 12-miler this morning and it was AWFUL. 100% humidity and mid70sF by 8am. With two weeks to the half marathon, I hope things change, but just in case, be prepared for humid conditions. For comparison, I found the 2016 WDW half/full conditions to be lovely for running and I know that the humidity bothered some folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter