Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour vs. Keys to the Kingdom Tour?

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I have already done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and I am trying to do a tour that I haven't done at Walt Disney World on each trip. On this trip, I am considering the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour.

When I look at the info for the tour on the WDW website, it looks very similar to the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. It just doesn't visit as many locations. I am just wondering if it is worth it to do this tour even if it looks like they cover many of the same aspects? Thanks for any advice that you are able to give. :)

I am just wondering if anyone can get me a proper review of the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour? I am wanting to book this tour soon if I am going to do it. Any help is appreciated.

Ok so I have done both KTTK tour and MTMK tour. We did Keys several years ago...really enjoyed it. I liked the in-depth story and the utilidoors and having lunch included was nice.

Back in March, we did MTMK as a family. I had kids that wouldn't qualify yet for KTTK. The CM definitely had some cool stories to tell, ones we didn't get from KTTK, and he told us some interesting information while we were on the rides. While it didn't include lunch, I thought the tour length was just right and the information provided was cool. PLUS if you are a fan of HM, this is THE tour to take for you! That was the highlight for sure.

We love the MTMK tour (and we've done KTTK too!) We're huge HM fans and what we saw behind the scenes there was one of the coolest things we've ever done. We rode Pooh but it broke down and we were evac-ed (BONUS!) to make it up we went on PP. Another cool feature was the private showing of COP where the tour group gets a theater all to themselves and the CM points out various details of the show while it's in progress. We had lunch at CHH (another bonus) but I believe they're dining at Tomorrowland Terrace now. The tour is much more economical than KTTK, and it won't eat up much of your day. I think the total tour was just over 2.5 hours. There's some nice history about Walt/Marceline/and the parks but for long-time students there might not be a lot of new info. The CM was great though, very enjoyable. We'll likely do the tour again some time. :earsboy:

Ok so I have done both KTTK tour and MTMK tour. We did Keys several years ago...really enjoyed it. I liked the in-depth story and the utilidoors and having lunch included was nice.

Back in March, we did MTMK as a family. I had kids that wouldn't qualify yet for KTTK. The CM definitely had some cool stories to tell, ones we didn't get from KTTK, and he told us some interesting information while we were on the rides. While it didn't include lunch, I thought the tour length was just right and the information provided was cool. PLUS if you are a fan of HM, this is THE tour to take for you! That was the highlight for sure.
We love the MTMK tour (and we've done KTTK too!) We're huge HM fans and what we saw behind the scenes there was one of the coolest things we've ever done. We rode Pooh but it broke down and we were evac-ed (BONUS!) to make it up we went on PP. Another cool feature was the private showing of COP where the tour group gets a theater all to themselves and the CM points out various details of the show while it's in progress. We had lunch at CHH (another bonus) but I believe they're dining at Tomorrowland Terrace now. The tour is much more economical than KTTK, and it won't eat up much of your day. I think the total tour was just over 2.5 hours. There's some nice history about Walt/Marceline/and the parks but for long-time students there might not be a lot of new info. The CM was great though, very enjoyable. We'll likely do the tour again some time. :earsboy:
Thanks you for the reviews. I decided to book the tour. :)

I've also done both KTTK and MTMK. I preferred MTMK for the overall pace. KTTK was very slow, like they were trying to fill the allotted time. I'm capable of getting lunch on my own, and that took up at least an hour of the tour. The utilidors are neat to say you've seen them, but to me if that's what you want to get out of KTTK, it's not worth the price.

Like PP said, the detail discussed about HM really made the tour. The behind the scenes part of the ride was much better than the utilidors IMHO.

I realize everyone is fascinated with the utilidors and I was too. However I will say that once you've been down there, you're good to go. It's not like "Ooh I can't wait to see more of this...industrial basement." It is interesting, but a little bit goes along way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter