March 2012 Rental Car?

I am happy with this rate -
Pick up MCO - March 4th, 11pm - drop off - MCO - March 10th, noon.
Mid-size car $120 inclusive.
ALAMO.
I joined thier insiders last night, started my booking, then backed out and clicked on the $30 week discount and brought it down to $120. This is my first time renting in Orlando, is this good?

Sounds good to me! But, don't quit yet...hold that reservation and keep looking.

Dollar
3/28 9a to 4/2 6pm
Premium car
$134.78 before taxes
No codes used. Right on website

What do u think about this rate?

Dollar
3/28 9a to 4/2 6pm
Premium car
$134.78 before taxes

It is easier to compare the total cost. Base rate is nice, but, we don't know what options you may be selecting.

Yes. Alamo's software is rather weird to say the least. The pattern of discounts at times makes NO sense. I have found lower prices and additional discounts at different days of the week and at different times of day and night. Sometimes it is a roller coaster.

It depends on the number of reservations for a given time period. It is not weird, it is actually very sensative to the rise and fall of reservations, time periods etc. It may not make sense to you, but, it certainly does to the computer and the bean counters.

Dollar
3/28 9a to 4/2 6pm
Premium car
$134.78 before taxes

Your actual total inc taxes is $191.00. You can do better with Budget if you want a Premium Car. Using BCD x454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30.00 off the total is $168.39 inc taxes after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle. Also Dollar charges $10/day for additional driver and spouse is included with Budget for no extra charge.

Last night I was able to book a premium car through Alamo from 3/23 to 4/2 (11 days). Pick-up and drop-off at MCO.

The final cost with taxes and all was $192.75. I used the costco discount code with a $30 costco coupon.

Last night I was able to book a premium car through Alamo from 3/23 to 4/2 (11 days). Pick-up and drop-off at MCO.

The final cost with taxes and all was $192.75. I used the costco discount code with a $30 costco coupon.

That sounds good! I usually wind up using the Costco discount and either the free day or $30, whichever works out better. Keep looking...it could go down a little more, although I have my doubts. My dates start on the 17th and after a nice decline for several weeks, I'm seeing the prices starting to rise again.

Your actual total inc taxes is $191.00. You can do better with Budget if you want a Premium Car. Using BCD x454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30.00 off the total is $168.39 inc taxes after $30 coupon is applied when return vehicle. Also Dollar charges $10/day for additional driver and spouse is included with Budget for no extra charge.

I do not see how u got those rates for Budget, I did not get the same with those codes :confused3

I don't even want a premium, but it was cheaper then others

I do not see how u got those rates for Budget, I did not get the same with those codes :confused3

I don't even want a premium, but it was cheaper then others

The previous poster had the Budget BCD Code wrong. It starts with a "D", not an "X". Try D454300 as the BCD and it will get you the lower rate.

Just got a mid-size car on Hotwire for $16.95 a day

March 7-12
Budget Rental car
Total Price: $135.55 (includes fees & taxes)

Just got a mid-size car on Hotwire for $16.95 a day

March 7-12
Budget Rental car
Total Price: $135.55 (includes fees & taxes)

That sounds good! I've criticized using Hotwire enough on this thread, but this is proper use of it. Using a prepay this close to your date is good...more than a couple weeks out you're likely to see better rates than Hotwire by waiting.

Still liking my SUV rental through AVIS March 15-19 for $128.00 using the code.

Dollar wouldn't let us keep the mid-size $20/day rental, because we are now arriving a bit earlier and leaving the next morning from what I had intially booked so I switched to AVIS.

Still liking my SUV rental through AVIS March 15-19 for $128.00 using the code.

Dollar wouldn't let us keep the mid-size $20/day rental, because we are now arriving a bit earlier and leaving the next morning from what I had intially booked so I switched to AVIS.

What code????

What code????

I saw it on another thread on this board, but checked and Mousesavers does show it as well.

"Get an Intermediate SUV rental for $22/weekend day or $149/week or a Standard SUV rental for $25/weekend day or $169/week at Avis. Use AWD# S767700. No physical coupon required. Weekend rate available Thursday noon; car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m., or higher rate will apply. A Saturday night keep and an advance reservation are required. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times. Not available in Hawaii. Rental must begin by 6/30/12."

$22/weekend day with taxes and fees for a Thursday afternoon pickup and Monday morning drop off it is $128.57 for a Ford Escape or equivelant. Only 3 of us so not a big deal for the size.

The Dollar deal I had was a mid-size/full size for $20.00 per day, but that looked like I was right place right time as I have not been able to duplicate since and when I called later to adjust the reservation since we were arriving earlier on Thursday and staying until Monday morning (instead of Sunday night) they couldn't give it to me and the rate jumped to over $260.00.

I saw it on another thread on this board, but checked and Mousesavers does show it as well.

"Get an Intermediate SUV rental for $22/weekend day or $149/week or a Standard SUV rental for $25/weekend day or $169/week at Avis. Use AWD# S767700. No physical coupon required. Weekend rate available Thursday noon; car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m., or higher rate will apply. A Saturday night keep and an advance reservation are required. Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times. Not available in Hawaii. Rental must begin by 6/30/12."

$22/weekend day with taxes and fees for a Thursday afternoon pickup and Monday morning drop off it is $128.57 for a Ford Escape or equivelant. Only 3 of us so not a big deal for the size.

The Dollar deal I had was a mid-size/full size for $20.00 per day, but that looked like I was right place right time as I have not been able to duplicate since and when I called later to adjust the reservation since we were arriving earlier on Thursday and staying until Monday morning (instead of Sunday night) they couldn't give it to me and the rate jumped to over $260.00.

Thanks, it's no good for me since we r picking up on Wednesday am :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter