• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***March 2020***

Ditto. Good thing I was awake to catch it. Waking up to those emails would have flipped my lid. They did give me an anytime fast pass for one of the toy story manias..otherwise got my passes back. Wonder what happened?

Glad you were able to get an anytime FP. I was given the less helpful advice to call back at 7 AM before seeing the early times open back up. If I had to guess, this might have had something to do with the park hours for early March getting moved up 1 hour, creating new FP+ timeslots, then something glitched and the system believed it shouldn't have those available after all. Possibly after a number of us called in someone realized there was a problem and fixed it on the back end.

Weird. Disney just emailed me to tell me a couple fast passes I scheduled were cancelled. Smugglers run was changed to muppets? ***. Never had that happen before. ..something about a change in the operating schedule? 10a in the morning? Anyone else get this? Muppets? Lol. No thanks. Knew today was too good to be true
I got three emails, one for Haunted Mansion and two for Toy Story Mania. I was able to replace one of the Toy Story fp with another TSM at the original time, I got a brand new TSM, and I kept the Multiple Experience fp.

When I first saw the emails I thought they had taken away my MMRR fps, but they are still there.

I also got an email. Said my TSMM wasn’t available for 8:40-9:40 on 3/5 anymore, and that it was changed to a Multiple Experience FP for our whole group, valid for any tier 2 ride, including TSMM. So now instead of having only 1 hour to ride, we can ride any time that day. Weird but I will take it!

I had totally forgotten that my FP window opened up this morning! Thank goodness my mom and I are only going to Epcot, and during the week at that. I decided to get FP for Living for the Land and Spaceship Earth for the sake of nostalgia. My mom, my sister and I went to Epcot in 1983, the summer after it opened. We both have very vivid memories of riding these two attractions. I figured she would enjoy taking a ride on memory lane. :-) I also have reservations for the FEA dessert party. I'm honestly not interested in riding FEA. I just want a comfortable place to sit with a nice view after a long day at the park since Monday is also our travel day.

I also received the FP change emails - but for Dinosaur and Big Thunder. Very odd. My times were updated by 10 minutes. (trip 3/14--3/21)

My MFSR was cancelled and they replaced it with Muppets. Um, NOPE. No Tier 1 rides are available that day so I’m on the phone with them.

ETA: they gave me an anytime FastPass for it.

Last edited:
My MFSR was cancelled and they replaced it with Muppets. Um, NOPE. No Tier 1 rides are available that day so I’m on the phone with them.

ETA: they gave me an anytime FastPass for it.
Did they give you the anytime fastpasse over the phone or did they tell you it would happen sometime today? Still waiting myself and spoke with them an hour ago.

Did they give you the anytime fastpasse over the phone or did they tell you it would happen sometime today? Still waiting myself and spoke with them an hour ago.

Over the phone.

I realized after the fact that maybe I couldn’t change muppets back to a Tier 1 because of the tier change and should have cancelled muppets and tried again but I was in full on freak out mode. LOL

I hope you all get everything resolved with those FP changes. I've been watching my e-mail like a hawk for something like that and hoping it doesn't show up! I'm having a hard enough time with the fluid situation regarding DHS tiers, availability, and opening times! I can't handle any more curveballs!

Can't believe you all got a Muppets fastpass in exchange for that crummy MFSR and for some reason you're not happy about it! Muppets is so good! Who would actually want a fastpass to a new, exciting, extremely popular ride when you could have a fastpass to Muppets instead? :laughing:

(Hope you all get that worked out!)

We are end of the month so no HS earlier opening for us yet. Not sure which I prefer but regardless, we will go with it. My guys all have MFSR booked for our HS day (will be their first time because we chose not to try stand by on our last few trips it was open) but because I don't do well with simulator rides (Soarin' is my limit) I had booked SDD for myself. I did switch mine over to MMRR and kept theirs as SR but I think we will try to rope drop it because we will be there early to try to get a RotR BG (as long as that is still the procedure). We do have 3 more trips (and possibly 2 more than that) planned for 2020 so we will have more chances to ride RR together at a later date if rope drop doesn't work.

I seem to have avoided the FPocalypse of the last day or so. But now the thought has me checking regularly just to make sure nothing is suddenly changed in error. Gonna be a long few weeks checking multiple times each day, not that I haven’t been basically doing that anyway with all the recent changes! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter