March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

I just read the expo that was at the convention center is postponed until April. Wonder if that will have any impact over the next few days?
that would explain why I just got on email from the HoJo offering 50% of rooms now thru March 9th. Maybe a bunch of people are cancelling...
It probably won't impact crowds much but if anyone has a hotel room booked for this week/weekend i would absolutely go price shopping. 90,000 people just had their trip cancelled.

It probably won't impact crowds much but if anyone has a hotel room booked for this week/weekend i would absolutely go price shopping. 90,000 people just had their trip cancelled.
Some sample rates for 3/5-3/8:

BW Stovalls ($114), Fairfield Theme Park Entrance ($158), BWPPI ($179), Tropicana ($179), Hyatt House ($149). All have dropped 50%-80% in the last 72 hours.

Not trying to encourage anyone to go, but if you're determined to go, might as well save some coin.

I have Hyatt House booked March 6-10 and just called and saved $400, now I can put that towards upgrading to a AP!

I was able to move to this one from the one by knotts. Cost more in points but I'm ok with that for the location and the ride share savings.

We might not be going. YDD just got diagnosed with influenza this evening at urgent care. Got it from her BFF at school. BFF was out sick a couple of days last week with same symptoms. Confirmed with one of those nose swab tests.
Dang it.

my kids are frustrated. We are playing it by ear right now.

We might not be going. YDD just got diagnosed with influenza this evening at urgent care. Got it from her BFF at school. BFF was out sick a couple of days last week with same symptoms. Confirmed with one of those nose swab tests.
Dang it.

my kids are frustrated. We are playing it by ear right now.

My son and I both were diagnosed with the flu this past month. We both got on tamiflu right away. It lasted about 4-5 days for us.

My son and I both were diagnosed with the flu this past month. We both got on tamiflu right away. It lasted about 4-5 days for us.

It sucks, but I strongly suspect that we won't be going anywhere on Saturday. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to postpone the trip. That's ok, though. Our park tickets are still good. So are the 2 1-day parking tickets that I pre-paid for. If we do have to reschedule, this is just a temporary set back. I dealt with breast cancer last year. We can handle the flu, too...just have to be smart about it. I'm pretty sure that DH or I will come down with it, too. All the more reason for us to stay home next week instead of travel!

It sucks, but I strongly suspect that we won't be going anywhere on Saturday. I'm pretty sure that we'll have to postpone the trip. That's ok, though. Our park tickets are still good. So are the 2 1-day parking tickets that I pre-paid for. If we do have to reschedule, this is just a temporary set back. I dealt with breast cancer last year. We can handle the flu, too...just have to be smart about it. I'm pretty sure that DH or I will come down with it, too. All the more reason for us to stay home next week instead of travel!
Good for you for keeping a level head and a positive attitude about this. Hang in there! Hope your YDD gets well soon and that you and DH manage to ward off the germs. Like you said, this trip can be rescheduled and everyone will be healthier by then. And (!) you'll be that much more prepared at scoring a BG by then!

Some sample rates for 3/5-3/8:

BW Stovalls ($114), Fairfield Theme Park Entrance ($158), BWPPI ($179), Tropicana ($179), Hyatt House ($149). All have dropped 50%-80% in the last 72 hours.

Not trying to encourage anyone to go, but if you're determined to go, might as well save some coin.
Ty!

You can take me off of the March list! We officially have rescheduled to Easter weekend. Don't want to get our friends sick and it would be pretty dumb for us to travel on a road trip with YDD likely still recuperating and worn out from having the flu. I considered renting a wheelchair for her, but then I thought, "Oh that's silly. We'll just go in April or May instead."

You can take me off of the March list! We officially have rescheduled to Easter weekend. Don't want to get our friends sick and it would be pretty dumb for us to travel on a road trip with YDD likely still recuperating and worn out from having the flu. I considered renting a wheelchair for her, but then I thought, "Oh that's silly. We'll just go in April or May instead."
So sorry your daughter got sick!! I know that must really be tough but so glad you guys have an option to reschedule!! I imagine waiting a bit to go at a time when everyone is healthier & feeling better will make for a much more enjoyable trip for all.

We leave this Friday and are super excited! I have a quick question, but didnt want to start a whole thread about it. Does anyone know if I have a 7:10am reservation at The Plaza but DO NOT have magic morning, will I still be able to get in for it? Park doesnt open for regular hours until 8am. It's on Tuesday, March 10th. thank you!!

We leave this Friday and are super excited! I have a quick question, but didnt want to start a whole thread about it. Does anyone know if I have a 7:10am reservation at The Plaza but DO NOT have magic morning, will I still be able to get in for it? Park doesnt open for regular hours until 8am. It's on Tuesday, March 10th. thank you!!

I asked this on another thread a day or two ago and was answered that yes, you can get in even if you don’t have EMH/MM and that the breakfast gate is at the far left closest to the tram stop.

I asked this on another thread a day or two ago and was answered that yes, you can get in even if you don’t have EMH/MM and that the breakfast gate is at the far left closest to the tram stop.
perfect, thank you so much!

I've been reading this thread, but haven't commented yet. We'll be there March 9th through the 13th staying at the Grand Californian. We've been to Disneyland one other time before, but this will be our first time at the Grand. Really looking forward to the trip, although feeling a little discouraged by the rain forecast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter