March Check-In **Official** Thread (Start with Post #17)

Since MP/FP is a day-of system, it really is a bit "on the fly" because you can't know exactly what will happen until you get to the parks and start pulling FPs. That said, it isn't as hard as most people think it will be. You do want to have some kind of plan, but to be flexible enough to work around things, too. Since you can't choose your return times, you have to be able to work with the system, not against it. Does this make sense? What are the rides that are your absolute musts?
All of them- lol - really just as many as we can in three days probably focusing on the ones that are only there except for Space Mountain that is a must also! We will try to get a BG also so that could mess with a plan so not sure what I can actually plan out!

We will be at DLR March 29th - April 3rd. This is our 2nd spring break trip and first trip staying off-site. I’m not jazzed about staying off-site but the cost to stay on-site was just way too high this time.

Same for us. We will be there March 16-22 and in the past have always stayed on-site and used EE everyday. This year they priced us out, especially coming from Canada so we have to add $ exchange onto everything.

Everyone, things have gotten rough here again. I have NOT updated since my last check-in, but I'm not ignoring anyone. I expect to be offline for the balance of this week and weekend, and possibly the first part of next week. I will get everything caught up as I am able. I'm sorry for my flakiness these last several weeks after having taken on this responsibility.

But most importantly, to everyone leaving for Disney this week--HAVE FUN!!! I can't wait to hear all about it ☺

Regarding the IJA AP After Hours Event, March 4-5:
From the Parks Blog today (2/26/20): Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland Park.
Join us as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Indiana Jones Adventure! Annual Passholdershave the opportunity for a bonus adventure by experiencing the attraction an hour after park closing on Mar. 4 and 5. Wristbands are required. Check-in at Star Wars Launch Bay for wristbands beginning at 6:30 p.m. for day of visit. Valid Annual Passport must be presented; photo ID may be required. Blockout dates apply. Wristbands available while supplies last.***

Everyone, things have gotten rough here again. I have NOT updated since my last check-in, but I'm not ignoring anyone. I expect to be offline for the balance of this week and weekend, and possibly the first part of next week. I will get everything caught up as I am able. I'm sorry for my flakiness these last several weeks after having taken on this responsibility.

But most importantly, to everyone leaving for Disney this week--HAVE FUN!!! I can't wait to hear all about it ☺
Hang in there! Just do what you have to do and take care. We'll try to keep an eye on things here until you get back.

Question for all the regulars. Before BGs were a thing everyone was saying get there early to maximize rides. It’s quieter in the mornings. But now it looks insane in the mornings. Is it quieter at night? We are doing MM on Tuesday of our trip. Monday we won’t get there until around 2pm. Would it be a terrible idea to sleep in weds/thurs but stay until close? If we got there at 10am?

Question for all the regulars. Before BGs were a thing everyone was saying get there early to maximize rides. It’s quieter in the mornings. But now it looks insane in the mornings. Is it quieter at night? We are doing MM on Tuesday of our trip. Monday we won’t get there until around 2pm. Would it be a terrible idea to sleep in weds/thurs but stay until close? If we got there at 10am?

YMMV, but even with the big rush for RotR in the mornings, it still doesn’t reach peak crowds until 11 or noon.

For MM, you’ve got to get there well before the start of the MM because the gate area is more congested than it used to be.

The last hours are still good for hopping on one or two of the headliner attractions with a shorter wait than they are all day... but mornings and planning with Maxpass are still better in my opinion.

Finally checked into our room at Grand Cal ...... waited all day and hung out by the pool . Didn’t get the room ready text till 4 , but it was worth the wait . Here is the view from our room at Grand Cal .
NOT complaining ....... lol !
87DB24D7-5259-48F7-AD72-1E1D38395B23.jpeg

Btw , lines to get into DL was the worst I have ever seen . The non MM lines went all the way down to and past Starbucks ( yes in DD !! ) We skipped the park today and just relaxed pool side at GC till our room was ready .
Tomorrow will be our first try for ROTR ! Got 5 chances for it this week , hopefully we get to ride it at least once ! Good luck to all you March peeps !

Finally checked into our room at Grand Cal ...... waited all day and hung out by the pool . Didn’t get the room ready text till 4 , but it was worth the wait . Here is the view from our room at Grand Cal .
NOT complaining ....... lol !
View attachment 477803

Btw , lines to get into DL was the worst I have ever seen . The non MM lines went all the way down to and past Starbucks ( yes in DD !! ) We skipped the park today and just relaxed pool side at GC till our room was ready .
Tomorrow will be our first try for ROTR ! Got 5 chances for it this week , hopefully we get to ride it at least once ! Good luck to all you March peeps !

That view though!!

I just read the expo that was at the convention center is postponed until April. Wonder if that will have any impact over the next few days?

I just read the expo that was at the convention center is postponed until April. Wonder if that will have any impact over the next few days?

that would explain why I just got on email from the HoJo offering 50% of rooms now thru March 9th. Maybe a bunch of people are cancelling...

Just checked the weather app. Rain. All. Week. (next week) Ugh. Good thing my rain coat doesn't take up much room. But we're coming from minus 10 (celcius, so... um... carry the one....) 14 degrees Fahrenheit. There will be quite the temperature change (for the better) when we get there, and we're used to rain, but it would be nice to see the sun.

Oh well - a wet day at Disney is still better than a dry day at home!

Just checked the weather app. Rain. All. Week. (next week) Ugh. Good thing my rain coat doesn't take up much room. But we're coming from minus 10 (celcius, so... um... carry the one....) 14 degrees Fahrenheit. There will be quite the temperature change (for the better) when we get there, and we're used to rain, but it would be nice to see the sun.

Oh well - a wet day at Disney is still better than a dry day at home!
They say California forecast aren’t very accurate more than a few days out so I’m really hoping things change by next week. I generally love rain and wouldn’t might a few light showers....just crossing fingers for no soakers or major thunderstorms. :rolleyes:
I bought several dollar store ponchos for Splash mtn and GRR but may end up using them more than anticipated. Better add umbrellas to my packing.

I got that email as well and sorta wondered the same thing.
Well, now I know why rooms opened up at the Disneyland hotels this week as well! We were trying to attend the Pixar After Dark event, but ALL the decent hotels were booked up due to the convention. The Courtyard was charging over $700 for night- no way. Anyways, I was surprised to see some rooms opened up on property! It's too late for us to buy tickets and schedule a last minute trip, although I LOVE Pixar! Have fun to anyone who is going to that special event :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter