March Trip Reports

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Since we are one month from check in date I thought I would start the March thread. We will be checking in on 3/25 and checking out on 3/29. Yes, I know it's Spring Break and it will be crazy, but this is when I have time off from work, so we make the best of it. At least Easter does not fall at the same time, so hopefully a lot of people will wait until April.

We do have park days planned, but all early morning when crowds seemed to be lighter and the weather a bit cooler. Got FPs for the new Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway and plan on getting to HS very very early to try to snag RoTR boarding passes.

Anyone else have March trips planned?

Checking in March 1 and checking out the 6th. This will be a trip of first for us - first time at Ft Wilderness, and first time at Disney for our new 3m old daughter. She’ll join her 3.5 year old big sister who is a pro now with 2 trips under her belt. We’re only planning on going to the parks 2 days, MK on the 3rd and Epcot on the 5th. Gotta take this one slow and easy with a baby in tow! I’m very excited to stay in the cabins and experience all the fun the Fort has to offer!

I will be checking in on March 25 and checking out April 23. I know that's a long time to stay at the Fort but we don't get down there every year and it's a long drive. I will be solo for the very start of the trip but will be meeting up with some friends and family that will be in Florida at the same time. My son will be flying down to join me in early April and staying until we check out and then driving back together. While I am solo I am planning to check out all of the new additions and changes that have happened since we were there in 2018. I am really looking forward to seeing the outpost again on check in day after the 1231 mile trip!

We will be there March 13-22 for the kids Spring Break. Looking forward to getting away for the week. DH and I hope to Resort Hop some. We always say we're going to but never do. DD is bringing her best friend, so we are plus one. It's nice for her to have a friend to go to the pool with, hang out, etc--and not fight with her brother as much, lol!

We have FPs for most every day, as of now, but we usually just wing it and don't stick to the plan. The girls & I will go shopping some. I like going back to MK at night with all 3 kids to close the park. DH is quite content hanging back with the dogs at the RV.

Hey @BeachMama13 we will be there the same time! We are leaving the Cincinnati area on the 13th at noon to start the drive and will be stopping overnight in Georgia. Planning to pull into the Fort hopefully around 1 pm on Saturday the 14th and staying until the 22nd.

We have parks planned for each day starting with MK on Sunday the 15th which is my youngest DD's bday. She is turning 7 and we had celebrated older DDs 7th bday at Disney so I felt like I had to even though their spring break isn't until April and I am pulling them out of school for this. It sucks that we are missing school AND will also be dealing with higher crowds but what are you gonna do.

Ordered her bday cake to be picked up at Trail's End from the Contemporary bakery. We've had cakes there before and they were sooooo good, hopefully this one will be too. I'll try to come back and post pics of the cake

Hey @ruthies12 , that sounds fun! I believe that the crowds in March will be much better than April. We went last year for Spring Break (March) and I didn't think the crowds were too bad! Definitely better than at Thanksgiving. My DD turned 13 last week, so we are counting it as her Birthday trip. Our trips usually are around one of our Birthdays or DH & my anniversary.

That's good to know! The crowd calendars all show March as being super busy but we've been at Thanksgiving before and it was doable so maybe I shouldn't be too worried. Though right now midweek February is supposed to be a "slow time" and wait times have been through the roof, Small World has had a 60 minute wait for goodness sakes.

It's such a crap shoot anymore with crowds, I really should stop bothering to look at crowd calendars lol.

Hey @ruthies12 , that sounds fun! I believe that the crowds in March will be much better than April. We went last year for Spring Break (March) and I didn't think the crowds were too bad! Definitely better than at Thanksgiving. My DD turned 13 last week, so we are counting it as her Birthday trip. Our trips usually are around one of our Birthdays or DH & my anniversary.

we also went last March, i was surprised on the crowds, not like the previous spring break, 2018 had an early Easter, busy time

Spring Break 2018 was my first, and without a doubt my LAST planned trip at spring break.

2nd week of March, and it was the worst I've ever seen. Now, if my daughter's band ends up going then I'll do it, but I won't openly choose to do it by my own choice.

We have been during Spring Break twice. Both were the week leading up to Easter Sunday. The first trip was miserable with the crowds and I said "never again"! A few years later, my racing teammate invited us to go with them and stay in their DVC condo at SSR. This trip was just as crowded, but it taught us how to enjoy the parks when they are crazy. We would pick one thing we really wanted to do that day. Try for a FP or just decide that would "the" line we stood in. The rest of the day was seeking out all the things most people (including us) walk past or ignore when you are in "ninja" mode. All the parks have some many little things in them, you can spend entire days doing those things that aren't the big rides. Some may be as boring as you expected, but there are plenty of nice surprises. Since everyone else is in line for the big things, you can enjoy the parks, even with the crowds.

I doubt we will go again during the crazy times (although seeing things decorated for Christmas would be cool), but we still use the "pick 1 thing" strategy on busier days.

j

Just checked in and I don’t know how we managed it - call it beginners luck - but we were assigned Cabin 120 in the 100 loop! It’s wonderful being so close to everything in the Settlement. Our first stay at the Fort is off to an amazing start.

Oh you smacked a homerun on that one for sure.

Enjoy!

Just checked in and I don’t know how we managed it - call it beginners luck - but we were assigned Cabin 120 in the 100 loop! It’s wonderful being so close to everything in the Settlement. Our first stay at the Fort is off to an amazing start.

Excellant! Sit out on the porch at night and see if you can hear the porch music from Trails End.

Those two cabins in 100 loop were the models before the cabins loops were installed decades ago. Later they were assigned for VIP use. But we had reports over the years of folks randomly being assigned to them but it's been a LONG time (over 5 years?) since anyone on here reported getting one of them.

So you are VERY SPECIAL, Emstars10! Enjoy the short walk to the MK boat! And take lots of pictures.

Bama Ed

PS - we have requested Preferred loop 100 the last several trips and stayed in it many times with our pop-up. Some sites are long, some are small, but it's a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter