Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

That is by far the creepiest chair I have ever seen.

Perhaps Paul was an evil magician whose punishment for turning the princess into a pig (after she was rescued and de-pigged by a good fairy, of course) was to be trapped inside that chair.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Loving your TR - so informative and I love all of the links through out! Your family is just adorable and I have to say my favorite part of the TR was your son's video in the beginning! He was so excited! He made me excited for him!
Keep it coming...love it!

:welcome: I'm glad you found me!!! Thank you for the sweet compliments. Isn't that video fun? He was sooooooo excited that it was FINALLY The Day!

Hi Brook! I'm a long-time reader, but this is my first comment on one of your TRs! I was just wondering, did you look to see if the other chair had a name also? I thought I saw two "creepy clown" chairs in a previous post (or report) of yours...

Thank you for posting and reading! Yes, I thought there were two creepy clown chairs as well - but within the last year or so, at some point, one of the chairs disappeared! There is only one now. I would love to know the other one's name too. :laughing:

I don't think I'll ever be consistent enough to read every line of chatter anymore, with so much going on. Like you say, ah well... you do what you can do.

NO, no, I haven't done the official one, but I have gone MANY times to both coasts and done every attraction in a day. On non-busy seasons, it's not hard! Hit the headliners early, then cruise through the snoozers in the afternoon, then Fland during the late evening after all the kiddies go home. Also, just be wise about FiPs (That's what I affectionately call FPs. Girlbomb called them that, and it stuck on me.) THe only one, I think I"ve left out is TSI, but a quick raft ride over, can't add more than 20 minutes.

See above.

I don't read the chatter either - I used to, but I just can't keep up with that anymore! I try to skim some of it, just to keep up...but I usually don't know what the chatter is on anyone's threads! :sad2: (except my own!) When I get caught up, then I'm good about keeping in the loop, but that rarely happens.

Ahhhh, thanks for clearing me up on the ultimate that you have done. I haven't even ever really thought about trying to do EVERYTHING. We haven't done Stitch since our first trip. I'm not looking forward to that one. :laughing:

FiPs. What does the i stand for? And why am I nervous to ask that? :rotfl2:

That is by far the creepiest chair I have ever seen.

Perhaps Paul was an evil magician whose punishment for turning the princess into a pig (after she was rescued and de-pigged by a good fairy, of course) was to be trapped inside that chair.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

:lmao: I like it!

I LOVE that you took a picture of Paul. My sister is pretty scared of him too. Up until about a year ago he had a twin brother...named Craig! I like to tell people that Craig ran away...creepy!

Oh Brook, why did you have to post that pic of that chair again!:eek: And it has a name?!?!:scared1: Ok, I'm sure I'll have nightmares now tonight with Paul the clown chair chasing me around the Boardwalk. Oh man, you're killing with that and those pics of George the clown slide with that spaghettio hair.

Bummer that the Hess station was a bust. Oh well, it's good to know though since I haven't been inside.

Can't wait to read about SAB!

Well, the Hess station sure is underwhelming. From some of the things I'd read, I had envisioned it as the greatest gas/convenience store EVER. Oh well.

Who knew that that chair had a name. I've seen Paul in many a TR and he gets creepier each time!

We promised Madeline one of those balloons this time. She's asked for one on our last 2 trips and we said no but are caving this time.

Creepy clown chair has a name?! :scared1: OMG, Boardwalk could well be the setting for a clown slasher film! :rotfl:

Sorry the Hess station was a let down but I'm sure lots of DIS'ers will be grateful for the info.

I don't know why but for some reason I just assumed that cast members didn't/couldn't wear their uniforms off site. That would definitely be an unwelcome dose of reality to see them in real world settings... especially if any of them were being less than nice.

Congrats on firming up details for the solo trip. It all sounds like fun!

FiPs. What does the i stand for? And why am I nervous to ask that? :rotfl2:

Don't fret to badly... the "i" is only there to be a vowel holder to make the word into a well... word. A Fip. ;)

That chair, I think, is really kinda cool. Very artsy, to be sure. Maybe the name is a child's name whose nursery it was in?

Back at the Boardwalk I noticed the totally creepy clown chair was pulled away and facing the fireplace:

1201843931_cY5R3-L.jpg
WEIRD!!!!!

Maybe George and Paul are friends? :lmao::lmao:

1217377596_swYNP-L.jpg

1217378599_BxY9T-L.jpg

Why take pictures of all this water? :lmao::lmao:

Love the store update... by any chance... did they sell birthday cards there? :confused3

Is it strange to say that this chair...I mean, Paul...is one of the big reasons I have been hesitant to consider a stay at the Boardwalk? I mean, I'm not afraid of that chair, per se, but it does lead me to wonder what other types of decor would be there, with a chair and a waterslide like those? :laughing:

Wow....Paul is very creepy:scared1:SHUDDER.....I agree:)

Thanks for all the info on the Hess products. We usually get Garden Grocer, but since we have free dining this trip I am going to go without an order. I think with the QSDP we will have lots of snacks left over. Good to know what Hess has. We have passed it before, but never stopped.

Im so glad that you friend gets to join you! What a fun time you two will have:thumbsup2 Here's hoping that you can get in on the free dining...that would be such a bonus!

But what made it weird was...

1201842587_fhQcV-L.jpg

He has a name!!!!!! :lmao: I so want to know the history and story behind this chair.

I will only repost the back of the chair so I won't creep anyone out again. :lmao:

PAUL- <shudder> That is added to list to see. Also the "other" chair - CRAIG ????

Great report on the Hess station. Now I know. Not sure if I will go but now I know.

I got it! I'll PM you back (if I haven't already...I can't remember, LOL!)

I'm watching a friend of Henry's and she would like to add a few smileys --> princess::lovestruc:bride::cutie: (amazing the difference between boy and girl choices on the smilies!)

Love the smilies!:thumbsup2 It is funny seeing the different choices of smilies between the boys & girls.

I have not gotten a PM from you yet. So glad to hear your friend can make it!! That will so much fun for you both.:thumbsup2 Hopefully you can rush on over to MK:rolleyes1.

Wow that Paul is creepy isn't he????

That chair is so freaky!! I thought it was a girl because it looks like a dress where the seat is!! Can't wait to see what you think of SAB!!

Melissa

Paul is VERY creepy. I wonder why his name is Paul...
Your Hess update is SO helpful. I'm glad we're placing a Garden Grocer order and will have a car. They love their chocolate Horizon milk boxes.

We have only ever done 2 parks in a day, so this will be all new to me! I could barely drag Joe to 2. :laughing:

I think he'd enjoy it...and you guys will too! ;) We encouraged Henry to go into the tree and then showed him how a few things worked, and after that he was all over that play area, running back and forth! It was a blast.

I'll have to try that tuna sandwich! We love the one at CHH, I wonder if it's the same or similar? It's sooooo good, I'm normally not a huge tuna salad fan, except that one!

The more I thought about the 4 Parks 1 Day thing, the more I realized how doable it is. 3 rides in each park, I could probably get through 3 of them by Noon if I hit AM EMH and just plowed through.

I know I'm going to be exhausted from that Ultimate Touring Plan, but to say I did it (or at least attempted...:laughing:) will be so fun!!!

Exactly-I'm going to love that flexibility!

I will be using Disney transportation, so that will be a bit of an extra challenge in there...sometimes that can eat away a good chunk of time.

I hope for that slight rain too! It really does clear out the parks - that would be PERFECT for the touring plan!

Yes! It's a great deal for those paying OOP. A nice little break, but not crazy expensive or heavy food.

I got it! I'll PM you back (if I haven't already...I can't remember, LOL!)

I'm watching a friend of Henry's and she would like to add a few smileys --> princess::lovestruc:bride::cutie: (amazing the difference between boy and girl choices on the smilies!)

i think it would be a fun trip.

Okay, that Paul chair is WAAAAAY creepier than the clown pool! Am I right?

Thanks for all that recon at the Hess station. That's the kind of information this Canadian can definitely put to good use. I'm not used to American pricing as it is...so budgeting for me when we fly is a bit of a nightmare because we never know if the trip to the Hess station is going to be worth our while or not.

You've successfully taken the guesswork out of our next trip on that point, thank you very much!!

Keep us the good work. Can't wait to hear about your SAB experiences.

Waiting with bated breath!

First of all...Paul is really really creepy!!! Yikes! :eek:

Second, thanks for the information on Hess! Where exactly is it located? I've heard about it before but never paid much attention because I never thought we'd stay at one of the Epcot resorts! :lmao:

If I'm not mistaken, we passed it at some point during our "transportation disaster" heading from CBR to the TTC to DHS to Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC! We passed so many places, I can't remember for sure. Is it behind the Boardwalk?

I agree with you that it doesn't have as big of a selection as I thought it would! I've heard people talk about it before & from the sound of it, I really would've thought they had pretty much everything (like what a normal grocery store would have). I'm glad that you cleared that up because I will definitely be using your info on our Sept. trip! :thumbsup2

The pictures were soooo helpful. Thanks for taking notes to share with us! I noticed most of what we ordered from Garden Grocer in your pics from Hess. I wish I would've known last year because after our photo session at the BC, we could've stopped at Hess before returning to CBR. We would've saved a bunch of money & it would've been more convenient to just pick it out ourselves.

A lot of things we ordered last year & some we need this trip -- I noticed small boxes of cereal, fruit cups, diapers, bottled water, chocolate syrup, bread, baby juice, instant soup & mac/cheese, goldfish crackers, "real" detergent (I hate the stuff in the little packets at the resorts!), and garbage bags (I needed them for some reason last trip, but I don't remember (I think for dirty laundry!)), bananas & apples are Luke's favorite 2 fruits so thats good!

But I wish they had baby carrots, he loves to snack on those! He will choose them over chocolate! :thumbsup2

I wish they had juice in larger containers (other than single serving) and I find it hilarious that they sell hot dog buns & relish but NO hot dogs! :lmao:

Anyway, I'm just really glad that you were so thorough with your notes & pictures!!! That is sooo very helpful to me! We will definitely be going to Hess and the little store at BC on our trip in September! Thanks for the useful info!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter