Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

The plans for your solo/friend trip sound amazing!!!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear about & see pictures from your Ultimate Touring at MK and the 4 Parks, 1 Day!!! I read about those all the time on TouringPlans.com and they sound so exciting!!!

A girl I know actually attempted the 4 Parks, 1 Day but she didn't do enough planning & never finished it. She actually decided the DAY BEFORE going to Disney that she wanted to do 4 Parks, 1 Day -- I definitely think it involves more planning than that! :lmao: :lmao:

I also think your Spa day sounds amazing!!!

Are you planning any ADR's for your trip?

Can't wait to hear more about the details!!!! :thumbsup2

The bananas wedged in there next to the Twinkies cracked me up! Lame attempt?! After thought?! Guilt Trip?!

Brook I am all caught up--I was SOO far behind that I had to skip the chat. bummer I love the chatter!!:rotfl:

Henry is so cute opening his monorail. I love that! I skipped the tea cup video. :sick: lol

How awesome that you posted pics of the Hess grocery shelves!! for sure now I will call for a grocery order. we need more fruits and veggies than convenience store bananas, which are usually pretty green. but thanks because your photos helped me firm that on up in my head.

Your Plaza pics are causing me to go to bed with a rumbly in my tumbly.....DH and I are trying not to splurge on any dinners out till WDW in 22 days....sort of building that anticipation.

so jealous of your solo/girlfriend trip. that is awesome! and you can celebrate your Mickey graduation, too!!! :yay:

But what made it weird was...

1201842587_fhQcV-L.jpg

He has a name!!!!!!

That's just bizarre!

Now I want to know the story, too!

Kathy

Solo Trip

I heard from my friend Sarah the other day and she will be joining me!!! :yay:

Sarah can only stay through Monday, her boss is on vacation and she has to cover for her, so she's flying back earlyyyyyy Tuesday morning. I'll be solo all day Tuesday and through Wednesday until I leave myself. It's a perfect balance between girlfriends and a solo trip. :thumbsup2

So those are my current plans.

All subject to change. Of course. :rolleyes1

That does sound like a good mix of friend time and alone time. I probably wouldn't mind being by myself for a day or two to just take pictures, but after that, I'd want some of my 'peoples' around. :) You guys will have a good time. ::yes::

Congrats on renting your DVC points and on having a mini trip in what, 6 weeks? Awesome.

Thanks for the Paul update and the Hess station information. Yes - it would be wierd to see CMs pumping gas in uniform. I thought they put on and took off their uniforms on property. Guess I was wrong.

The plans for your solo/girls trip sound fabulous! It will be a great mix of girly time and alone time. I like the AS resorts, we stayed in one in October and it was a great change because before that I had only stayed in PO. Can't wait for that TR to see what you think of it.

Also Paul.. wicked creepy. It makes me want to go see him to check it out, but I feel nightmares would come from that.. so maybe I better not LOL. :rotfl:

If all of us "adults" think Paul is creepy...imagine how the kids must feel! I would be terrified!! :scared1:

It seems that all of the Hess's around WDW are the same. My mom and I went to the one by DTD (not sure if this is the same one you went to) in December looking for similar items...yogurt for breakfast mainly...and couldn't believe the nonexistent selection of cold items. In NJ you can practically go food shopping at WaWa or Hess gas stations if you needed to!

Just FYI for people wondering about CM uniforms off property... when I worked at WDW in 2001, DTD employees (where I worked) were allowed to take their uniforms off-site, but MK employees (where I temped a few times just for the experience) absolutely could not. I had a roommate that worked in Epcot and another that worked at ToT in DHS (sooo jealous - she had such a fun job!) and I can't remember whether either or them were allowed to wear their uniforms home. I'm also not sure about resort-type employees. Things might've changed since then though...

This reminds me of when I was living near Williamsburg, VA, and I was driving down the highway and saw a guy dressed sorta like Ben Franklin (white wig and all - he must've been on his way to work at Colonial Williamsburg). His car was having trouble so he'd pulled over and was getting out to look under the hood. I felt terrible for him, but it was hilarious at the same time!

That chair is uber creepy but the name Paul just makes me laugh. :lmao: Wow, what a scary name! Or not. I seriously thought it was a female!

I'm not sure I would like the "real world" slap in the face. It would seem a little odd to me. I like to think of Disney World as an all magical place and that doesn't mean seeing CMs pumping gas or purchasing a gas station hotdog. ;) lol!!!

Wow - Paul is creepy!! I think he's much creepier than George! Is Paul wearing a dress? :confused3

Sorry the Hess station didn't live up to your expectations! :sad2:

Can't wait to read your SAB update!! popcorn::

Yay on the solo trip working out! Good luck with the Ultimate Touring Plan and 4 parks 1 day :thumbsup2

That clown chair does look creepy and I also want to know about the history behind Paul.

I, personally, think that Paul the Chair is a cross dresser. :lmao: Did you see that dress he is wearing? :laughing: Seriously, he's creepy! :scared1:

Thanks for pictures of the Hess Station. I've only been to the Hess Station near DTD once and it was only to get gas before leaving for home.

I don't like the Paul chair it's creepy looking! Luvin your trip report though

ok, first of all, that chair should not be named. Second...it should not exist! lol

I see I am not the only one wondering why the chair has a name AND why Paul is choosing to wear a dress!!! :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Not to mention that somewhere Paul has a twin named Craig!!! :lmao: My sides hurt from laughing over this!!! I really need the story behind the chair!!!

Yeay for your friend coming along! That will be a lot of fun to have some girl time!

I am so laughing at al lthe pictures you took at the GAS station! That is hilarious in itself, but I can see why you did. :lmao:

I, personally, think that Paul the Chair is a cross dresser. :lmao: Did you see that dress he is wearing? :laughing: Seriously, he's creepy! :scared1:

Thanks for pictures of the Hess Station. I've only been to the Hess Station near DTD once and it was only to get gas before leaving for home.

I have to agree with Lisa. Paul is a cross dresser or has Gender issues. But I would love to know the story of how he got his name.

Subbing! Loving your report so far! We are going to NYC in a little over a month and am looking soo forward to that, but I gotta say, you are scaring me!

I come from Detroit and my DH comes from Western KS, and I would get sooo nervous at the idea of the grocery store being closed on Sunday (What do you mean I have to go 32 miles for a gallon of milk????) whenever we would go to his hometown. So I have been getting so excited to go someplace that if it can't be Orlando, is a big city I have never been to! Now you have me thinking about cars and baths being a novelty and I am nervous again!

Oh, and seeing as how we are friends of the disboard variety.. would you mind PM'ing me some "real" good places to eat in NYC? Staying in Midtown and we want distinctly NY places! I found out at Trip Advisor that they all tell the tourists places to go but won't give up the real good places cause they don't want 'em overrun. I can understand, but I promise not to tell!

Thankfully I hope to go back to WDW in September where I know I can vacation without much worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter