Mask question - Discovery cove

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi I’m sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone knows if you can wear gators to Discovery Cove? Or do they have to be the masks that go around your ears like Disney requires? And if anyone has any recommendations on what’s easiest to use there? Since your in and out of water etc.

I think they do allow gaiter.
In the check in kit, there is also a cloth mask which you can clip on your lanyard.
The included mask is not comfortable when wet though... And at grand reef you need to tuck the mask and lanyard inside your wetsuit.

I think they do allow gaiter.
In the check in kit, there is also a cloth mask which you can clip on your lanyard.
The included mask is not comfortable when wet though... And at grand reef you need to tuck the mask and lanyard inside your wetsuit.
Thanks from what Ive gathered, when in sand and water we don't have to wear masks? But when interacting with animals we do? There are areas you need your mask but have to go through water to get through? It seems like it will be a pain to deal with them and take them off and on constantly.

We were there in September and gaiters were allowed. We did not come across any areas that we had to go through water to get to and still needed our mask, but in September many of the encounters were not available so maybe that is the reason.

Actually they are pretty strict as you should NOT have mask on when your feet is in water. (especially around grand reef)
I believe it is for the benefit of the animals (they don't want you to loss an mask and entangle an animal).

The part I wore a wet mask was inside the aviary, which we went from the lazy river.
I don't know if there is an alternative route that does not require crossing water.

There is a dry route.

If you take the wet route, can you hop out and interact maskless or do you have to go back and get a mask?

We did DC and had no problems...we bought those waterproof lanyard pouches meant for cell phones. Anytime we went in the water we put them in the pouch. Anytime we got out of the water we put them back on. Easy as pie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter