May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta's is also 50 lbs. for 2 checked bags and 40 lbs. for 1 carry-on bag. I sure would not want to walk around the airport carrying 40 lbs.

:scared: Measuring done! Even if the side pocket bulges all the way out (probably will!) the largest is 143 cm total. I'm clear:cool1:

Scoobypop, don't forget the 10 chicks in my kitchen! And YES Hadley, I have forgotten doctor's visits and dance classes...especially if the schedule changes. We dance 6 days a week between the three dancers I have. (The other 3 aren't interested.) Irish was moved, modern was added, as was a special recital practice. EEK!

Once, I forgot something WORSE. Once a month, I go to a friend's apartment, who is quadrapolegic, empty her waste container, lift her to relieve pressure points so she doesn't get bed sores, make her and feed her, dinner.

Well, one Sunday, I fell asleep. She didn't even call me. I felt so horrible. Not only was she probably in pain, but she was hungry, too! I just do it the once a month. You'd think I'd manage THAT.

Marika is the same way. She has a huge satck going now. I told her once everything else is packed (still waiting on DH to tell us what he wants to bring), she can stuff in as many more books as she can fit (most won't come home) but it won't be enough. And I told her she has to put two away for the flight home (I may have to lock them in the safe to keep her away:rotfl2: )

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm liking the safe idea for the flight home books! We gave Emily 3 books Thursday night for her birthday. She had already finished two of them by last night!

SwissAir dimensions: 158 cm (L+W+H) for the first suitcase per person. No more than 273 cm for the two bags together. I actaully haven't meausred. I guess I had better run upstairs adn do that;)

See that is what confused me. 273 cm for two bags together per person??? Since we have 3 people, and you have 4, I am sure we are going to want to take more than 2 bags. And is that 273 cm width wise for both?
I hate stuff like this....makes me feel silly. :faint: :badpc:

:scared: Measuring done! Even if the side pocket bulges all the way out (probably will!) the largest is 143 cm total. I'm clear:cool1:

OK thanks for that. I think that it is width wise, and is per person. Is your suitcase the larger kind, or does the length not matter just the width?

And I assume that 274 cm combined is per person. I am feeling a little better now. I just want to know which kind of bag to get out so I can get going!! :)

See that is what confused me. 273 cm for two bags together per person??? Since we have 3 people, and you have 4, I am sure we are going to want to take more than 2 bags. And is that 273 cm width wise for both?

Here is how I understand it. My largest bag is 143 cm. So 273-143 is 130 cm. My second bag cannot be bigger than 130cm.

EACH person gets that amount. We will probably be checking five bags total on the return. This means we will check one each to each of three of us and then the two smallest ones will both be checked to the same person.

It is 2 bags per person. For your three that means you can take a total of 6 bags:thumbsup2

Take a tape measure and measure the height, width and length of your bag and add those three numbers together. That number needs to be no more than 62.2 inches (158cm) and your total for any two bags needs to be no more than 107.5 inches (273cm). Unless you have really big bags It really shouldn't be a problem. Even then match a big bag with a smaller bag.

The bigger issue is keeping the weight down in the bigger bags. Pack bulky, but lightweight things in the big bags and heavier, dense things (books!) in the smaller bags.

Hope that helps.

WOW all you parents amaze me with all the activity, way to go good work, lots of dedication...

OK thanks for that. I think that it is width wise, and is per person. Is your suitcase the larger kind, or does the length not matter just the width?

And I assume that 274 cm combined is per person. I am feeling a little better now. I just want to know which kind of bag to get out so I can get going!! :)

You have to measure the length and the width and the heighth and add it all together. That TOTAL has to be under the 153 cm. I don't really know if they would measure the pocket into the width like I did or not. I do know that one of our exchange students was close, they measrued (Lufstansa) and she was charged extra because she was over by about 5 cm. So it seems they take their rules seriously at times.

We have two rolling duffles (I think they are considered meduim but they seem huge to me) which came in in the 130s for the three dimensions and the 143cm was for a largish (too large to carry-on but I have seen MUCH bigger ones) rolling suitcase. It is the size in which a bigger rolling carry-on (the biggest you can get away with) just fits in nicely for nesting without tons of extra space. I hope this makes some sense and is helping you.

Also reference DIgital Cameras, computers, etc. the day you buy one a newer model will be out in 30 days... such is our digital life.

Scoobypop, don't forget the 10 chicks in my kitchen! And YES Hadley, I have forgotten doctor's visits and dance classes...especially if the schedule changes. We dance 6 days a week between the three dancers I have. (The other 3 aren't interested.) Irish was moved, modern was added, as was a special recital practice. EEK!

Once, I forgot something WORSE. Once a month, I go to a friend's apartment, who is quadrapolegic, empty her waste container, lift her to relieve pressure points so she doesn't get bed sores, make her and feed her, dinner.

Well, one Sunday, I fell asleep. She didn't even call me. I felt so horrible. Not only was she probably in pain, but she was hungry, too! I just do it the once a month. You'd think I'd manage THAT.

Wow, you must have felt so awful for forgetting that. And yet, what a great person to do that when you have so much else to keep up with for your own family.

I have apologized (they were so nice about it) and rescheduled Marika for Friday right after my own physical. Maybe we can "cure" her in the meantime?! Any suggestions out there for this:

About two weeks ago we noticed she had dry, scaly and red skin on one eyelid. She says is itches at times and occasionally her eyes feel "sore" but mostly she doesn't notice it. A week later it was on both eyelids. My initial reaction is it is dry skin in an odd place (she doesn't wear eye shadow or anything else that might have irritated it, and doesn;t have dry skin problema otehrwise--unlike hte rest of us:rotfl: ). I bought some eye cream at Target and have been putting that on but it doesn't seem to make any differnce. Any suggestions?

In all my travels, I have never worried about how much my bag weighs or what size it is. It all just works out. I think I have a sense of what is reasonable, though my DD17 and husband do not. I usually have to take on some of their stuff at the luggage counter, as they are emptying rediculous things from their luggage and handing them to me. "No, you hold your own screwdriver, bud!" :sad2:

Now, I am completely and totally worried and will be weighing and measuring my suitases.:scared: The perfectionist in me has been challenged.

We will have a pack scale with us , feel free to borrow it to weigh your bags for the return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter