May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 7 year old and her friend won 3rd place in her school's talent show with their Irish dancing, out of 50 acts. My 10 year old brought down the house with a comedy routine she did with her 12 year old sister. they recieved the loudest applause, huge laughter. The kids went wild afterwards! They got nothing.

I am so miffed. First and second place went to singers! GRRRR. And off-key, boring ones that the kids only politely applauded, but since they wore costumes (cruella D'Ville was one), they placed. ARGGGGGHHHH the injustice! Why do they need to be judged anyway????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :headache: :headache: :headache: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My 7 year old and her friend won 3rd place in her school's talent show with their Irish dancing, out of 50 acts. My 10 year old brought down the house with a comedy routine she did with her 12 year old sister. they recieved the loudest applause, huge laughter. The kids went wild afterwards! They got nothing.

I am so miffed. First and second place went to singers! GRRRR. And off-key, boring ones that the kids only politely applauded, but since they wore costumes (cruella D'Ville was one), they placed. ARGGGGGHHHH the injustice! Why do they need to be judged anyway????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :headache: :headache: :headache: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Did you get it on video or will they be willing to perform on the ship? SOO much talent!! I'd love to see it, they sounded like they brought down the house!:cheer2:

Sadly, not all the kids kids are coming on the cruise. They have school and dance recitals, pageants. prom and plays to prepare for. They didn't want to lose parts. Just found out TODAY--no lie--that OUR summer children's theater auditions are the day after I get home. I'm glad I won't miss it. Funny there are others who do all this too!

Registered kids for school for next year, though I don't know why since I'm a bitter old hag and hate their slimy guts after that talent show...over-reaction???:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Tomorrow is a school program for the 2nd graders, Wednesday is braces day for Anneliese. Friday is the 2nd birthday party. Saturday is the piano recital and Prom #1. I play piano and do "sharing time" for the kids at church on Sunday. I am not even including all of the lessons, but that's just routine.

Monday Scott leaves for work in Florida. I will be cleaning out my car for the kid-watchers and doing laundry, cleaning out my fridge. THEN Friday, I LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

HS production of My Fair Lady went well, as did 1st birthday party last week. And you know about that @#$%^* Talent show last Friday.

Oh we had 4 little kittens born today. 2 orange. 2 black and white. Want one or four? They are so cute!

We will be at Riverside late 5/9 - 5/12! Maybe we could meet by the pool. :)

Thanks for sharing the place I emailed it to DH for his consideration. We both love tapas, but he's the picky one. :laughing:

Excellent idea! :cool1:

Welcome the the new people coming aboard! I can't wait to meet you!

Have a great night everyone,

Lori

Sounds good to me. We will be there all week lol. My Mum will be by the pool every day knowing her whilst me and sarah will be running around disney like 5 year olds.

Lindsay

Oh yeah Martin will be in the gym and Dad will be asleep!!!

Sadly, not all the kids kids are coming on the cruise. They have school and dance recitals, pageants. prom and plays to prepare for. They didn't want to lose parts. Just found out TODAY--no lie--that OUR summer children's theater auditions are the day after I get home. I'm glad I won't miss it. Funny there are others who do all this too!

Registered kids for school for next year, though I don't know why since I'm a bitter old hag and hate their slimy guts after that talent show...over-reaction???:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Tomorrow is a school program for the 2nd graders, Wednesday is braces day for Anneliese. Friday is the 2nd birthday party. Saturday is the piano recital and Prom #1. I play piano and do "sharing time" for the kids at church on Sunday. I am not even including all of the lessons, but that's just routine.

Monday Scott leaves for work in Florida. I will be cleaning out my car for the kid-watchers and doing laundry, cleaning out my fridge. THEN Friday, I LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!

HS production of My Fair Lady went well, as did 1st birthday party last week. And you know about that @#$%^* Talent show last Friday.

Oh we had 4 little kittens born today. 2 orange. 2 black and white. Want one or four? They are so cute!

Oh my gosh, and Rob and I were sitting here all night talking about how busy WE are. YOU, my dear, have a FULL LIFE! Rob just said, "If Scooby had puppies, we would have to re-evaluate everything, including the cruise, and it would throw a wrench into our entire week". :lmao: Deanna, 4 kittens, and it's only a piece of your day?! Wow, I'm impressed. :banana:

I feel weird because my daughter seems like the only one with no musical talent.

Not weird at all. Marika, like your daughter, has many talents. But, none of hers are performance related at all.
She and I do enjoy singing along to htings and being silly, but if we ever hit a correct note it is rare and just sheer dumb luck. And then we have Dave. He decided to audition last nigth as well while he was there with Rio. But he wrote in big caps he'll take any non singing part. Still scarred by playing Captain Von Trop in high school when they made Eidelweiss a chorus becuase, well, he just CAN"T sing:rotfl2:

We really need a new camera. Has anyone worked with a Nikon D50? :confused3 I dont know much about it except the photo quality is suppose to be amazing. Is it user friendly? Does anyone have a digital camera they would suggest we look at?

thanks!;)

We want to by a new Camera aswell and we want an SLR with imagestabiliser.
Than we had look what is on the market and we discovered the new Olympus E 510 we think this is the write camera for us. But it on the market first time in june . So we had to wait a little bit and take the old camera for the trip.

By the way we left Germany on Saturday and we are now in Marietta near Atlanta and going today South to Americus.

seee you all soon
Juergen:cool1:

It seems this type of thing so often happens. And I agree why judge?:confused3 I hope your girls can realize how well the routine went over with the AUDIENCE. Remind them of what Walt used to say: "We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public." (I think someone on this thread--maybe Richard?--even has that quote on their signature) It sounds like your girls did great with the public. Oh, and my word you are really busy and I bet YOU wouldn't accidently miss a doctor's appointment either!

We want to by a new Camera aswell and we want an SLR with imagestabiliser.
Than we had look what is on the market and we discovered the new Olympus E 510 we think this is the write camera for us. But it on the market first time in june . So we had to wait a little bit and take the old camera for the trip.

By the way we left Germany on Saturday and we are now in Marietta near Atlanta and going today South to Americus.

seee you all soon

Welcome to our side of the pond Juergen. Glad to see you've made it:thumbsup2 and looking forward to meeting you soon.

We just found out we might be coming on the cruise. We're scrambling to make arrangements and have 2 cabins on hold for 24 hours. We are: Julie (me), dh Steve, dd Sadie (12), ds Sig (8) and dd Madalyn (2).

I can't read through the whole thread, but I have a very important question:

Is anyone staying in Barcelona after the cruise and if so, where are you staying? We're thinking of flying out Monday and need to find a place for five people. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Julie
(hopefully to be joining you)

We are staying in Barcelona Before & after our cruise..
Not on the repo.. First Med...

We ended up renting an Apartment for 4 people.

Would suggest you look into the same.
there are some hotel's that take 4 people.

Problem, alot of the apartment rentals require a 3 night stay..
but we found one that did not...
you might have to go with 2 rooms at an hotel?
Good luck with your search...

www.kayak.com is a kewl site...
http://www.barcelona.com/

We ended up spending about $300.00 for 4 people for 2 nights after our cruise.
the one night before the cruise we are just in a hotel....

Anna--I totally forgot to respond to you yesterday. A kid's book exchange bag would be awesome!!! I was thinking I would have to paw through the adult bag tryign to find a few things I would be okay with her reading:confused3 a kids exchange would be so much better. Great idea.

Wow, Deanna, I feel like I am constantly on the run with just my three. I don't know how you do it with your whole crew.:worship:

:bday: (times 3, right?) to Deanna's kids.

:rotfl2: Mustn't let DD11 read this or she would want you to bring one (or four) in your luggage. "Honey, they are too young still. Honey, Customs would have a real problem with this. Honey, DCL doesn't allow pets. Honey, the airline would have a real problem with this." ... and the thing is, she would likely find an answer to each question!:rotfl2:

seee you all soon
Welcome to the US and CONGRATS on having begun your vacation:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Anna--I totally forgot to respond to you yesterday. A kid's book exchange bag would be awesome!!! I was thinking I would have to paw through the adult bag tryign to find a few things I would be okay with her reading:confused3 a kids exchange would be so much better. Great idea.

Oh good! I'll go pack an extra tote bag now.

Even with the ever growing stack of books I am supposed to pack:scared1: , I know my kids will have plowed through them all by the end of the first week. This will be great to have for them.:banana:

It can be all reading levels too. The younger set can exchange picture books.

Marika is the same way. She has a huge satck going now. I told her once everything else is packed (still waiting on DH to tell us what he wants to bring), she can stuff in as many more books as she can fit (most won't come home) but it won't be enough. And I told her she has to put two away for the flight home (I may have to lock them in the safe to keep her away:rotfl2: )

Goodnight all, I'm going back to my larger luggage for all of you keeping track of my packing. It turns out that when I called our airline we can have 70 pounds each. When I called the TA and asked they said it was 50 pounds each. So, my heaviest luggage was 44 pounds... so, I'm going back to the larger luggage and shooting for 45 pounds and 4 bags. BUT JUST 4!!! Susie, if its more than that, you're sitting on the roof! HA:rotfl: WDW, Paris, 25 days on the Magic is getting the best of my expert packing.... Still don't have the pirate gear in either!

Welcome to SoCal, Scott!

I thought these same things about my airline...first thought it was 50, then 70, and then 50 again...I will have to call them to make sure. I am also not clear on if there's a limit on the size of the bags. Are you going through Swiss air???

Michelle,
We are on Swissair. According to their website, if you are traveling economy you get 23 kg (50 lbs) if you are traveling business or first class you get 32 kg. So I will be keeping it at 50 lbs!

Michelle,
We are on Swissair. According to their website, if you are traveling economy you get 23 kg (50 lbs) if you are traveling business or first class you get 32 kg. So I will be keeping it at 50 lbs!

Yeah that is what I thought. What about the size....I thought I read something about 105 cms, but did not give any other dimensions. Is there a limit to a smaller bag, or are you taking the big suitcases? I need to get them out to start getting things in! I am a late packer.

SwissAir dimensions: 158 cm (L+W+H) for the first suitcase per person. No more than 273 cm for the two bags together. I actaully haven't meausred. I guess I had better run upstairs adn do that;)

Scott, I am looking for a camera that will give me great color and resolution. I do not need anything for underwater. Is the Nikon D50 an underwater camera? Of the nice and small cameras, which one takes great photos..?

Thanks!

The D50 and Oly C5050 and others are used in Underwater Housings.

My mistake we have the SP 500 UZ.

The SP 500 UZ is pretty much a point and shoot with a 10X optical lense and a 3X digital Zoom, and 6 megapixels. Go for as many megapixels as you can get, at least 5 plus is you are going to making 8X10 prints. The new SP550 UZ is a 18X optical Zoom and 7 megapixels.

The best thing about it is you get the zoom capabilities in a easy to use package, that is small and light weight. It uses AA batteries, rather than a proprietarily battery.

It Works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter