May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio had his first ever audition tonight. My guess is he'll get a bit part, but not Kurt (Von Trop--Sound of Music). Kids were told not to prepare a piece and then they did a cold reading. Rio went in the first batch and had all he could do to keep up with the actual reading of the lines and couldn't really "act" them. Too bad they didn't have them run through it twice as he knew all the lines by heart after that first read through. But, even just being on stage would make him really happy and he would learn so much so I hope he gets something. The play isn't until the last week in July and I emailed the director to ask if he should audition as he will be gone until May 29 and she said he should. So, everyone please send a few good vibes:goodvibes Rio's way on Wednesday for the vocal audition. Thanks.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

The name "RIO" will look great in lights!

Does this come in HE? (not an issue for the cruise, but we do use HE for home due to my fear of excessive sudsing: it's a well known laundry psychosomatic condition).

:wave: C.

I didn't even pay attention to that as I think of it as bleach and put it in the bleach compartment of my machine. I just found it last week and the first of the laundry with it was done yesterday. I did four loads with it yesterday and didn't notice any problems. :confused3 Hmm.

Lori

The diplomas look great, well done.

Eirk, great present for your mom,

Grass skirts at sailaway and tropical night, It will be sooo KEWL to see a gazillion folks in grass skirts…. Note to self copy write the GSF….

Thanks for the SOCAL welcome, nice weather, my traveling work partner is aghast at the traffic and my reverting to defensive driving tactics, it’s just city driving to me….. LOL, early day tomorrow, school.

Wonder how many more GSF member cards I need to print up?????

My husband wanted me to ask all my DISboard friends on what they are wearing during the week in the Med at night? I went on Weather Underground and it looks pretty chilly - long sleeve, jean weather. What is everyone wearing or any ideas - long sleeves, sweaters, etc. Keep in mind, unless the pool water is 89 we don't go in and the sun is 85, we don't wear shorts!!! Arizona people are strange, right Hopemax?

My husband and I were talking tonight about DVC and we wanted to ask members if you ever added more points after being enticed by little "extras" Disney offers and was it worth it?:) If you did, did you ever regret it?

I think you will find a number of people willing to talk to you about this situation. Us, seaulater, and Scott H just to name a few. But it's probably better to talk in person then try to talk about it here.

We bought in February of 2006 and added points in Sept. of 2006. Who knows what will happen next. Scott is the king of DVC. :worship: Linda (seaulater) is the queen!

Ken

How old is Rio? My daughter does musical theatre and so does the children in another family that we will be traveling with! Good luck with everything! The Sound of Music, that would be a very fun show to do.

What other family are you traveling with? Let me know so I can include them in the lanyards and name badges.

Ken

Yeah, the kids may disown us, but that is what is therapy is for!!
LOL After all, remember when we where kids and our parents embarrassed us?? Horror!! LOL

Yes we are the people our parents warned us about.....

Hey Bob, Kewl pics of Belle.. Thanks...

Elderfam/Cynthia--thanks. We figure if Rio is ever a star he has a good name for the one word thing.

Sandi--Dave and Rio alwasy wear slacks to dinner and just leave them on all evening so thath should work for htem temp. wise. We are packing a couple of sweaters/jackets each if needed. Remember there are plenty of inddor venues on the ship if it gets too cold out on deck. But, I admit the possiblity of cold crossing weather and then maybe horribly hot weather in Spain (keep hearing about the European heat spell) is making packing extra difficult becuase there are so many possiblities to cover.

My husband and I were talking tonight about DVC and we wanted to ask members if you ever added more points after being enticed by little "extras" Disney offers and was it worth it?:) If you did, did you ever regret it?

We have been DVC members since 1991, not a regret at all, we have done a couple of add ons. As Ken said plenty of time to talk on the cruise, also FYI we live in WY and there is no incentive for us to give a referal, however, we will be more than happy to answer those inside questions with forthright answers. DVC has been great for us and are very happy satisifed members.

Rio is 8. He was in three musicals when we lived in Michigan (he LOVES being on stage). But they were at our church and all the kids who wanted to just signed up and the casting was done by people who already knew the kids and their capabilities well, so no actual audition took palce. This is the first time in the 2 1/2 years we've lived here that there has been a show that will take place at a workable time for us for him to audtion.

My daughter Brooklyn loves to be on stage too! She is auditioning for Seussical when we return from the cruise. She has done this show once before and just loved it! Brooklyn and her friend Bailey (who will also be on the cruise) recently played twins in Peter Pan. They had a blast with it!

I for one, can't imagine having too many points..my husband will say otherwise. We have added on twice, although it never had anything to do with "extras". For us it has always been about the location of the points. No regrets at all.;)

We have been DVC members since 1991, not a regret at all, we have done a couple of add ons. As Ken said plenty of time to talk on the cruise, also FYI we live in WY and there is no incentive for us to give a referal, however, we will be more than happy to answer those inside questions. DVC has been great for us and are very happy satisifed members.

A few add ons... :rotfl2:

Deb

We really need a new camera. Has anyone worked with a Nikon D50? :confused3 I dont know much about it except the photo quality is suppose to be amazing. Is it user friendly? Does anyone have a digital camera they would suggest we look at?

thanks!;)

We have been DVC members since 1991, not a regret at all, we have done a couple of add ons. As Ken said plenty of time to talk on the cruise, also FYI we live in WY and there is no incentive for us to give a referal, however, we will be more than happy to answer those inside questions with forthright answers. DVC has been great for us and are very happy satisifed members.

Thanks Scott and Ken and elderfam for responding. We would love to talk to you. We are Saratoga Springs members, but we only bought on last year's cruise. We still don't understand everything. We appreciate it! I feel weird because my daughter seems like the only one with no musical talent. She is involved in student government and loves giving speechs and stuff like that. I am enjoying reading about everyone's talents including Erik's with the wheelchair cover. I am so impressed. I do have a zyron machine, but believe me, you don't want to hear any of us SING!

but believe me, you don't want to hear any of us SING!

Ha Ha The only people on the planet that hear me sing are my daughters..They BEG me to shut up!

"Mom, your not Whitney Houston you know" This came from the back seat when DD24 was 10 years old. :rotfl2:
(my dogs however, do not seem to mind...)

We really need a new camera. Has anyone worked with a Nikon D50? :confused3 I dont know much about it except the photo quality is suppose to be amazing. Is it user friendly? Does anyone have a digital camera they would suggest we look at?

thanks!;)

We are Olympus fans, have had Nikons and they were great. All the Big dog underwater folks are using the D50, their work is great and the resolution is fantastic.

We have the Olympus C5050 for underwater, C750 UZ and C730 UZ that we used in Tanzania, I have a nikon coolpix that is nice and small. At work we have the Canon elf's, nice and small.

My husband wanted me to ask all my DISboard friends on what they are wearing during the week in the Med at night? I went on Weather Underground and it looks pretty chilly - long sleeve, jean weather. What is everyone wearing or any ideas - long sleeves, sweaters, etc. Keep in mind, unless the pool water is 89 we don't go in and the sun is 85, we don't wear shorts!!! Arizona people are strange, right Hopemax?

Well, we're only 3rd year AZ residents. Otherwise, we're from Washington State, so used to swimming in 50 degree water too. We're mostly packing shorts and T-shirts for the boat, although we will have pants, and sweater/jacket for night.

We are Olympus fans, have had Nikons and they were great. All the Big dog underwater folks are using the D50, their work is great and the resolution is fantastic.

We have the Olympus C5050 for underwater, C750 UZ and C730 UZ that we used in Tanzania, I have a nikon coolpix that is nice and small. At work we have the Canon elf's, nice and small.

Scott, I am looking for a camera that will give me great color and resolution. I do not need anything for underwater. Is the Nikon D50 an underwater camera? Of the nice and small cameras, which one takes great photos..?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter