May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to point out my magnets arrived today and Mums still haven't even though she booked before both me and Lindsay :lmao:

It's nice to know that at least magnets are still in the mail. I haven't given up hope yet.

Instead, I get my documents before a bunch of people for the 1st time. Personally, I would have rather gotten the magnets and I could have picked up luggage tags from Porter Bob!

:hippie:

Got the money ordered.

For those of you that are Bank of America customers, they have "no ATM fee" arrangements with several foreign banks. Unfortunately, it doesn't include Spanish banks. However, they do have an agreement with Barclays and they have a branch in Gibraltar, so if we run out that's where we plan on restocking :). For those traveling to Paris, BNP Paribas banks are who you would want to use.

Just a quick heads up, Gibraltars main currency is British pounds so if you draw money out here it will be in pounds and then you will have to get it changed to Euros. Although Gibraltar accepts Euros its official currency is still pounds

we really need to have a port planning session on board...so we can all brainstorm together....who is planning it for us...anyone?????:wizard:

Linda (seulater) - how about meeting right after DCL's port tour briefing? Maybe there could be dis-group meeting to the side of their room or in another area that is close?

For example my concern about Tenerife is that we are going to be there on a Sunday - I understand it's a tourist area, but my initial guess is that most shops/businesses/restaurants (outside the tourist spots) will be closed. DCL's arranged tours may help negate that impact in particular.

Kurt

This new smaller, "all fits in one big bag" luggage is making me crazy. I'm so used to my old gigantic luggage. Thank goodness that next year the PC cruise is local and we won't have these issues of weight. I'm going to have so much ironing to do it will be insane. I do, however, have everything closed up and sitting in the entry way. Now DD4 is confused because we came home from the bank and post office and she said, "Mommy, I thought we were going on the Disney Cruise?" 6 more days until WDW.

Where is everyone ordering these magnets from? I am sure it is too late to order but it would be good to know for the future.

THANKS!

PS - Does anyone know if the Xyron machine magnet/laminate will work for signs for the doors??? I have never used it before so I am not sure how strong the magnet has to be.

Just a quick heads up, Gibraltars main currency is British pounds so if you draw money out here it will be in pounds and then you will have to get it changed to Euros. Although Gibraltar accepts Euros its official currency is still pounds

Yes but there are also Gibraltar pounds, which are not the same as British pounds and are only good in Gibraltar and are supposed to be a real pain in the tush to exchange as NO ONE wants them...not even the Gibraltar people! So make sure you get the right kind of pound. We are going with all Euro and make get a little bit of the Gibraltar & British pounds for the teens who think foreign money is tres cool...

Where is everyone ordering these magnets from? I am sure it is too late to order but it would be good to know for the future.

THANKS!

PS - Does anyone know if the Xyron machine magnet/laminate will work for signs for the doors??? I have never used it before so I am not sure how strong the magnet has to be.

cafepress has some small magnets with the cruise logo on them, but you would have to pay extra for faster delivery inorder to get them at this point.

I think most people are making there own door signs. The magnetic paper is available at most office supply stores and it works with most home inkjet printers.

Sorry - don't know what a Xyron machine is???

Ken

Yes but there are also Gibraltar pounds, which are not the same as British pounds and are only good in Gibraltar and are supposed to be a real pain in the tush to exchange as NO ONE wants them...not even the Gibraltar people! So make sure you get the right kind of pound. We are going with all Euro and make get a little bit of the Gibraltar & British pounds for the teens who think foreign money is tres cool...

Thanks for this. As they accept UK pounds though and its the same exchange rate (ie 1 for 1) its easier for us to use pounds there anyway as we're from the UK. Taking Euros for everywhere else though

cafepress has some small magnets with the cruise logo on them, but you would have to pay extra for faster delivery inorder to get them at this point.

I think most people are making there own door signs. The magnetic paper is available at most office supply stores and it works with most home inkjet printers.

Sorry - don't know what a Xyron machine is???

Ken

Thanks Ken! You are so helpful!

A xyron machine is used in scrapbooking. It can make an paper into a sticker, laminate it or make it into a magnet. I use it all of the time for stickers but I have never used it for magnets before.

Thanks Again!

For anyone interested in parasailing on Castaway Cay, you can now book it.

My DGD is very excited that Disney found a new vendor. She loves

parasailing, and I love watching from below on solid ground!

:) just remember the ship will also exchange currancy, so don't stress.
relax... enjoy..... we will all be sipping what ever very soon.. and all this crazyness will be over...and if you forget to bring it..well just buy it..:3dglasses

thanks for posting this info. My DW and DD are going on a 4 day in July and tried to reserve the parasailing early this morning without luck. And of course the CM just told them that parasailing was discontinued for an unknown period of time.

Ken

Thanks for the heads up on this. I just booked it for 9am. I hadn't realized that there had been a problem - I had just assumed it was all booked up.

THANKS!

The magnets that people are talking about not having yet are ones that DCL sent or is sending to all the people that booked this cruise. Some of us got ours weeks or months ago while others haven't received theirs yet. :confused3

Linda (seulater) - how about meeting right after DCL's port tour briefing? Maybe there could be dis-group meeting to the side of their room or in another area that is close?

For example my concern about Tenerife is that we are going to be there on a Sunday - I understand it's a tourist area, but my initial guess is that most shops/businesses/restaurants (outside the tourist spots) will be closed. DCL's arranged tours may help negate that impact in particular.

Kurt

I will add it to the mini navigator with a date and time to follow. Who knows when they will do their port presentation, since we are at sea for 6 days!

Thanks Ken! You are so helpful!

A xyron machine is used in scrapbooking. It can make an paper into a sticker, laminate it or make it into a magnet. I use it all of the time for stickers but I have never used it for magnets before.

Thanks Again!

I have the xyron machine. Not sure about the magnet, but I have the magnet stuff, so I'll give it a try tonight and see if it works on the refrig. If so, it should hang on the stateroom door.

If not, you can buy the stuff in the office supply aisle at your local Walmart for about $7-$8 for 5 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic paper. It feeds through my printer at home just fine.

Bob, your up early on a school day.......

Up early every day Scott. I normally don't get online in the wee hours though. But this weekend was really busy.

PHBelle.jpg

(Belle did her part walking with the Phlock)
After the March of Dimes Walk, we had to head up north for Lee's mom's birthday. She celebrated her 80th.:cool1:
We got back late yesterday afternoon with just enough time to get the grass mowed. Then it was time to decompress.

We had dinner with a friend and her husband saturday. It was one of those OMG events. Kinda like this....
friend- "when is your next trip"
us- "two weeks"
friend- "OMG, us too. Where?"
us- "cruise"
friend- "OMG, us too. What port?"
us- "Port Canaveral"
friend- "OMG! us too! The 12TH?"
us- "yes! OMG!"

No, this does not have a Disney ending. :sad2:
They will be on the Carnival Glory heading south just before we head east on the Magic. Was kinda a freaky moment. Would have been great to had them onboard though.

We're doing the all day beach in Tenerife and the full day Montserrat in Barcelona. I haven't seen anyone else post they're doing these. Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter