*May 27, 2012 DISNEY DREAM* 5-night Double Dip to Castaway Cay!

We agree~now if this rain at WDW would just clear out! Thanks to all of you who left us FE gifts even though we joined the cruise after the official list closed. The boys loved returning to the room, or opening the door, to find treasures!

I agree! And thank you for letting us join the FE late, it was a blast! We sure learned our way around the ship heading to the different rooms! We will be better prepared for our 2nd cruise same time next year for my parents' 50th. I just wish they actually had some activities for single adults besides the 18 to 21 year old crowd!

what an awesome cruise!!! We had a blast-and lOVED all the gifts! I can't remember who gave us the "dream journal," but where did you get the pages for it? So cute!!! We loved everything-the keychains, photo books, magnets, candy-it was great! you are all so awesome! Our kids loved coming back everyday to find fun things waiting. So sad it is over-we booked on board for another next year, however. Can't wait!

Home from our fabulous "Dream" cruise and want to thank you all for the fun fish extender gifts. The grandkids totally loved checking their pockets several times a day and must admit, we adults had fun too!! Disneymomoffour, the kids absolutely were thrilled with the Harry Potter wands. Any chance you would share the "recipe" for making them?
Thanks everyone for such a fun addition to a great cruise. Hope your memories were special.
Karen (Disnemimi):love:

Yes, thanks to all for the awesome FE gifts- such fun to come "home" to everyday!

Home from our fabulous "Dream" cruise and want to thank you all for the fun fish extender gifts. The grandkids totally loved checking their pockets several times a day and must admit, we adults had fun too!! Disneymomoffour, the kids absolutely were thrilled with the Harry Potter wands. Any chance you would share the "recipe" for making them?
Thanks everyone for such a fun addition to a great cruise. Hope your memories were special.
Karen (Disnemimi):love:

I would love to share the "recipe" with you! I will post the instructions tonight for you-very easy! I am so glad they enjoyed the wands-my kids loved helping make them. (we have done a few hp parties ourselves!) Hope your trip was as wonderful as ours! Heidi

I would love to share the "recipe" with you! I will post the instructions tonight for you-very easy! I am so glad they enjoyed the wands-my kids loved helping make them. (we have done a few hp parties ourselves!) Hope your trip was as wonderful as ours! Heidi

Thanks, this would be a great project for an upcoming H P party. Thank your children for making them; my grandkids were bouncing off the Dream cruise ship walls when they got them out of their FE's. And yes, all the family said this was the best vacation ever!
Karen

I just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome fish extender gifts! My kids had a blast checking our fish extenders throughout the day! All the gifts were SO creative and different! I, too, would LOVE to get the "recipe" for the Harry Potter wands!

Jennifer Lowery

We also loved the FE gifts and thank everyone for them. It was fun for us to deliver them, too, and I hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well!

We had an awesome time but agreed that we wanted to go back to doing a 7-night for our next cruise--5 just didn't seem like enough! We have other things we want to do for vacations next year, so we'll hope to be onboard the Fantasy sometime in 2014!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome fish extender gifts! My kids had a blast checking our fish extenders throughout the day! All the gifts were SO creative and different! I, too, would LOVE to get the "recipe" for the Harry Potter wands!

Jennifer Lowery

I would be happy to give the instructions to you-I pm'd you. Agreed-everyone's gifts were so great!

Hi Everyone! I’m also sad the cruise is over, it flew by way too fast! My parents and I had a wonderful time. It was my dad’s first cruise and now he is hooked to DCL, he can’t wait to sail again and has agreed to join me on the 12 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Magic next summer! My mom, who sailed only once in 2004 on the Wonder, said she enjoyed this cruise much more than her first. We both agreed the food has improved DRAMATICALLY on DCL since our first cruise in ’04, I remember not liking anything but the fast food options on that cruise, and now I love everything from the chicken fingers to the Chilean sea bass to the desserts! She was a bit weary of doing a 5 nighter but liked it so much she has agreed to do a 7 day in 2014. I’m so glad because I don’t think I can do anything less than 7 again. The 7+ day cruises are just so much more relaxing, more time to do things, and more offerings like the classes, tastings, tours, etc, plus the real formal night is one of my highlights.

Overall we got pretty lucky with the weather IMO. I’m so glad we got away from that tropical storm near Florida the day we sailed out, made it out just in time and got the sailaway party in, which really kicks off the experience. I would have been crushed if it had been rained out. The Castaway first day and sea day were absolutely gorgeous; the Nassau and 2nd CC day could have been a bit sunnier/drier but overall not too bad and we still got in a good amount of pool/beach time both days, so we can’t complain.

Our servers, Vijay and Gusti, were 2 of the best I’ve ever had. My parents and I enjoyed sharing stories with them nightly. We did do Palo and Remy and missed them as our servers those nights. Palo was terrific as usual and this was our first time at Remy and we are hooked. We have done Victoria and Alberts at Grand Floridian twice and we all agreed Remy is way better. The view was priceless, each course better than the previous, it was just over the top amazing. I will undoubtedly do Remy on all of my cruises on the Dream/Fantasy going forward. Our room steward Badrud was the best I ever had. I left him a note the first day asking for ice in our rolling cooler twice daily, 3 extra shampoo & 3 conditioners daily and he did exactly as I asked every day, as well as being so nice and checking on us throughout the cruise. This was a relief because in my February cruise on the Dream my room steward was horrible, she left dirty glasses all the time, and I had to ask for new shampoo and conditioner all the time, and get my own ice upstairs. She definitely didn’t live up to the DCL standards I was used to so I was glad to have Badrud and the amazing service I’m accustomed to on this cruise.

We spent 3 days post cruise at the Yacht Club in WDW. Friday was mostly a rainy washout which bummed us since 3 days in WDW is already short, but luckily our room was ready when we arrived at 10:30 so we had lunch and napped all afternoon which was a much needed break after the cruise. We loved the cruise but there was just so much to do every day it was exhausting- up at 7:00 am to workout, then out and about all day, then dinners and adult entertainment in the clubs afterwards, it was a lot. This is why we are looking forward to 7+ day cruises from now on so we have some more downtime. We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht Club, its our only hotel we stay at for 16 years since our first visit in 1996. However, I must say that after the superior service you receive EVERYWHERE on the ship, the service from cast members in WDW felt really lacking. Still good, but nowhere near the friendliness and eagerness to please on the cruise. Especially the housekeeping—they were borderline rude to us. On the first day, I noticed there was shampoo and shower gel in the room but no conditioner. A housekeeper was in the hall so I asked for 2 conditioners and she says “you just checked in and you already want extra conditioner?” I was shocked! I replied, um yea, I did just check in but there is no conditioner at all in our room, so yes I would like 2 of them. it was very uncomfortable especially after having such amazing service by our steward on the cruise. Bottom line, I’ll always love WDW, the parks, the Yacht Club, and my favorite restaurants there but I genuinely feel that nowhere else on earth can match the service I receive on DCL.

Lastly, thank you to all for the FE gifts. This was a really awesome group. I’ve participated in the 4 times now and this was by far the most creative group. It was really fun to come back to such great treats each day!

So sad the cruise is over, but had a great time... only wish it could have been longer... Our last cruise was 7 nights and I now see why you really need those extra nights/days... Hope to cruise again in the not too far future!!! Thanks to everyone that left FE gifts...it was fun to see what treat was waiting for us upon our return.

Had to pop in and say thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. I was blown away by the creativity and generosity that went into every gift we received. It left me feeling that I should have done more so I'll definitely be stepping up my next batch of FE gifts. Still, I hope everyone enjoyed their chocolates from us! Thanks again for all the wonderful gifts - it really added to the whole cruise experience. For us it was the perfect vacation.

Also I have to agree with you Nicole that while we love WDW it will never match the amazing service you get on the cruise. Our server at Cinderella's Royal Table seemed downright rude compared to our amazing servers on the dream.

Had to pop in and say thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. I was blown away by the creativity and generosity that went into every gift we received. It left me feeling that I should have done more so I'll definitely be stepping up my next batch of FE gifts. Still, I hope everyone enjoyed their chocolates from us! Thanks again for all the wonderful gifts - it really added to the whole cruise experience. For us it was the perfect vacation.

Also I have to agree with you Nicole that while we love WDW it will never match the amazing service you get on the cruise. Our server at Cinderella's Royal Table seemed downright rude compared to our amazing servers on the dream.

You should NOT feel that you need to step it up-we actually really enjoyed the chocolate!!! (Just perfect!) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Just got back yesterday after a week in WDW after the cruise. A bit rainy, but still had fun.

A BIG thank you for all the fabulous FE gifts from everyone. It was so much fun!!
A the boys and I had fun playing "spy" sneaking our gifts to everyone.

We had a great time on our first DCL cruise. It was a bit overwhelming with the all the activities to choose from...but had a blast.
Had a couples massage in the cabanas on Castaway Cay that was phenomonal, bummed around the straw market in Nassau, and got our adrenaline rush on the wave runners the 2nd day in Castaway. We are now towel animal pros and found out our kids can close out a dance club (pirate night was a blast!!!)

So many fun and fond memories...

I agree with the shift between DCL and WDW...plus we stayed at the Pop, which is in need of some upkeep and repairs. Starting to look a bit shabby imho. My move up to a moderate or deluxe next we visit the world.

One unfortunate event that has soured possible future cruises is the fact that DH got sick right after the cruise...most likely norovirus. Spent the first couple days of our wdw leg of our trip sick in the room. :guilty:
DS and I were hit a little too. Was not fun.
I cruised to Alaska awhile back and was hit with norovirus (news had reports at the time of ships getting hit) and after seeing me get sick and now getting sick himself, hubby is not too keen on cruising. He loved the actual cruise, just not the aftermath.
Sad thing is we did eveything right. I am immunosuppressed with my arthritis meds, and hubby is a nurse, so we are extra careful. But the table next to us at the MDRs had people sick each night. One night, the little girl threw up at the table. Next night a few of the adults just ordered rice because they werent feeling well we heard them tell the server.
Oh well...overall we had fun and want to thank everyone again for the great gifts. What a fun and generous group you all were!!
Please take care, and may safety, good health, and pixie dust follow you on all your future journeys!!!

~Schwabegooftroop
aka The Schwabes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter