~May 7, 2011~ 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Magic!

Countdown - officially only one week left of work! I gave everyone the warning today - if you need something done before I go you'd better have it to me by Monday. I leave Wednesday and don't come back until the 17th - that is going to be awesome!

8 days to our trip to Florida.

9 days to cruise.

Life is good. :cool1:

Countdown - officially only one week left of work! I gave everyone the warning today - if you need something done before I go you'd better have it to me by Monday. I leave Wednesday and don't come back until the 17th - that is going to be awesome!

8 days to our trip to Florida.

9 days to cruise.

Life is good. :cool1:

I'm done on Wednesday too!!!! Best feeling ever :cool1:

Finally....I thought we will never get that close...... :):) I'm so ready for vacation!!

Woo Hoo!!!! SO excited!!!
:dance3:

I am packing/cleaning/doing yardwork/organizing/planning all weekend! :upsidedow

We have had rain and more rain! We have a load of mulch being delivered Saturday, lots of yard work to do before we pack. Our 10 day forecast says this weekend should be nice but then more rain.:sad2: they are also predicting rain the Saturday we fly out. :rolleyes1

I have a question. :goodvibes

We are thinking about booking onboard for another cruise, and have friends that are on the fence about booking with us. Can I add an additional room to my ressie after I get home and get the same benefits (obc, lower deposit, 10% off, etc)?

And is the OBC per ROOM, or per reservation?

We have had rain and more rain! We have a load of mulch being delivered Saturday, lots of yard work to do before we pack. Our 10 day forecast says this weekend should be nice but then more rain.:sad2: they are also predicting rain the Saturday we fly out. :rolleyes1

It's been the same here :sad2: My DH finally got the plants we bought 2 WEEKS :scared1: ago into the ground. We're new at this whole gardening thing, so I was anxious that they wouldn't be OK... They seem fine so far, so fingers crossed. :littleangel:

My understanding is you need to book their room while onboard in order to receive the OBC and 10% discount. You cannot add a room after the fact (but I have not tried).

The OBC is per room, not per reservation. We are a family of five and book two rooms. We get $200 per room.

If it was me, I would book their room while onboard, then you can always cancel their reservation later.

Hope that helps. One week to go and I'll be at the Residence Inn next Thursday night (Port Canaveral)....can I get a WOOT! WOOT!

Frank

Anyone else watching the 10 day forecasts for not only your city you're leaving but also for Florida?

Here's hoping that scattered thunderstorm they've projected for Port Canaveral on the 7th either dissipates, happens early - or happens after we've already set sail!

Anyone else watching the 10 day forecasts for not only your city you're leaving but also for Florida?

Here's hoping that scattered thunderstorm they've projected for Port Canaveral on the 7th either dissipates, happens early - or happens after we've already set sail!

I will believe more the weather forecast when we get closer to sailing date. Since this people are reading only computer models they are a lot of times wrong...so I hope they are wrong this time too.

Trying to follow all of the rules that I have read while browsing these boards and I've gotten myself thoroughly confused.:eek:
I have read a lot of posts stating that there is a very strict rule about saving seats, loungers, etc, but then I started looking back over our cruise meet board and the Castaway Cay pennants are so cute! So, can we save loungers and umbrellas on Castaway Cay without being hated by others?:confused3
I'm a newbie and soooo excited :yay:, but trying not to break any rules.

Trying to follow all of the rules that I have read while browsing these boards and I've gotten myself thoroughly confused.:eek:
I have read a lot of posts stating that there is a very strict rule about saving seats, loungers, etc, but then I started looking back over our cruise meet board and the Castaway Cay pennants are so cute! So, can we save loungers and umbrellas on Castaway Cay without being hated by others?:confused3
I'm a newbie and soooo excited :yay:, but trying not to break any rules.

At Castaway there are plenty of umbrellas and loungers. :cool1: Everyone stakes their claim (so to speak) and drops off their things for the day. Hammocks are another story. There are a limited number and no one likes a hammock hog.

We are using the pennant to find our spot. I get lost every time. I am seen wandering the rows of chairs looking for my bag.:confused:
Which looks like everyone elses Castaway Club bag. :scared1:

We got our yard work almost done! We are so sore. We weeded all the beds and spread 4 cubic yards of mulch and need to get another yard. :eek: We need a vacation!:yay:

I will believe more the weather forecast when we get closer to sailing date. Since this people are reading only computer models they are a lot of times wrong...so I hope they are wrong this time too.

Hehe. In Florida, even the forecast one day away can be completely wrong! I wouldn't worry too much.

So DH and I were thinking about the shuttle launch. We said how cool it would be if it got delayed again, or a few times, and went off the day we depart! We would have the best view from the ship............

.......if we could get there :scared1:

We were wondering how that would work; to try to get to the port with the shuttle traffic? Hopefully it will go off on Monday like it is scheduled to, and we won't have to worry about it.

I have been spending all my free time finishing up magnets for our family group's doors. I still have a few left to do - hopefully I'll get them done tonight.

My kids have been excited all along, but it's hit them this week that it's almost time! (Perhaps it's the stacks of luggage that are packed and sitting at the top of our stairs, just waiting for Friday morning to get here??)

I may be the only person hoping that the shuttle launch happens before we get to Florida. I simply do not want to deal with that traffic and all those people. My husband on the other hand would love to see a launch. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I still need to go through my clothes! Normally I am already packed and ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter