May crowds and weather?

NancyK

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't use the search function. How are the crowds and weather in mid-May? Is it usually pretty quiet until Memorial Day? Thanks in advance.
Nancy:D

We've gone around Mother's Day the past 4 years. It was hot - low 90's but little rain. Crowds were low. The Flower & Garden Festival was in full swing.

Ditto what DebbieB says... hot, mostly dry and lines manageable. I think April & May are the best months.

We went during the festival in mid-May, crowds were low and the temps were hot and not too humid (except at AK ::yes:: )

Thanks
jaysue

JaySue
Just wanted to say "Hi" and say we're going to Disney the same time as you! Have a great time down there and say "Hi" to us if you see a couple with a little girl in a wheelchair with a purple canopy/sunshade :O)

NancyK
We were in Disney for Mother's Day 2001 and it was hot, but no rain. In fact you could smell the forest fires inside the POLY resort. I think it came in through the vents...theyt weren't on Dis propert though.

We'd like to do Easter Next if possible!

Loved May so much this year that I'm going back next. It was very hot for the beginning of May but very light lines and no rain. Have a great time.

Like any month there can be fluctuations in temperature. When we were there in May, 2002, I actually had to buy a sweatshirt as the evenings turned quite cool. Daytime temps were perfect, low 80s, no humidity.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter