Meal Plan Questions

NovDis

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am beginning to plan a trip for my family of 3 (DH,DD, and me) for November/December. It has been 2 years since my last visit, so I am unfamiliar with the exact ins and outs of the meal plan. I apologize in advance, as these questions have probably already been posed, but I haven't had any luck finding the answers yet.

Our plan is to split our stay between the GF and AK. I am considering doing the MYW package. Would we receive all of our dining vouchers during the initial check in, so if we wished we could use more than the daily allotment during the first 3-4 days?
Or thinking of it in the reverse, if we had to wait until our check in at AK to receive the last 3 days worth, would we be able to use some of our initial allotment from the GF check in during this time or do they expire when we check out of the GF? Basically, I know that you can use more than your daily allotment, but I want to know if they are going to expire or still be usable for the end of our stay.

I hope that makes sense! Thank you in advance for your help.
Danielle

If you are staying at 2 resorts, you have 2 separate reservations. You can get the dining plan with either or both. THe number of credits on your plan is based on the number of nights (not days), and expire at midnight the day you check out.

You do not receive vouchers, there are credits computer coded on your KTTW card. Each stay would be totally separate in terms of the credits.

Your GF credits would expire at midnight of the day you check out from GF. Your AKL credits would start as soon as you check in at AKL and expire at midnight of the day you check out from there. THere is no way to combine or roll over the credits.

Thank you for such a quick reply. I had a sneeking suspicion that it would be that way. But, had to ask for wishful thinking. ;)

How long are you staying at each resort? I just got back from a split stay with my family, 7 nights at WL and 3 nights at AKCL. We used the meal plan while at WL since that was the resort we were staying at the longest. We also purchased our tickets for the entire trip on the WL package also, that way you benefit from the best rates on park tickets. At AK we did a room only AAA rate. We were able to have plenty of CS and TS meals left to use the day we checked in at AKL since our WL dining wouldn't expire until midnight of the night we checked out of WL. I know that sounds confusing so let me know if you don't understand. With all that said AKL have a great food court!

We are doing 4 at the GF and 3 at the AKLCL. I have taken your advise and booked the plan during our GF stay and AAA for the 2nd half and made reservations at Jikos for the 1st night at AK.
Thank you for your help. I hadn't thought about doing the park tickets all together--that will be great.
Danielle

We always found that staying AKL concierge was almost a meal plan in itself. It was like dining at Boma and Jiko without the wait :)

Have a wonderful trip!

I am sure your family will have a wonderful time at both resorts. Remember you can still use the DDP until mid-night the day you check out at GF. I recommend you just use your AKCL "keys" for the room and lounge area and use your GF "keys/tickets/DDP" for your meals the day you check in at AKCL. I found it to be less confussing that way since the DDP expired that evening anyway. We had blue "keys/tickets/DDP" cards at WL and yellow "keys" at AKCL so we could easily tell the two apart. If that sounds like a hassle AKCL can switch them over to one key, but I wouldn't do that until I use all of my DDP first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter