Medical question already under doctors care just playing the waiting game

Wendy1985

Loves everything fitness
Before anyone says anything I am already under the care of a doctor getting round two of medical testing done on Friday then I will see my neurologist but I have googled caffeine for 99.9 percent of the population caffeine makes vertigo worse but for me it is how I gain my balance can’t figure out the why as soon as I hear from the neurologist I will let you guys know

Hmm what are you drinking/eating that has caffeine in it?
I feel like if its something sweet like soda or coffee with sugar maybe its actually the sugar in it that is making you feel less dizzy.
Have the checked your sugar to make sure its not too low?

Hmm what are you drinking/eating that has caffeine in it?
I feel like if its something sweet like soda or coffee with sugar maybe its actually the sugar in it that is making you feel less dizzy.
Have the checked your sugar to make sure its not too low?
image.jpg

There is only 30 grams of caffeine per serving, which is a lot less than a cup of coffee, so if you're only drinking one of those per day, I highly doubt that it would be the caffeine from this.

However, it could be one of the ingredients in the mix. If you think that this is what is giving you vertigo, stop drinking it.

As an endurance athlete, I stay away from all of these mixes because they really aren't needed for the small amount of caffeine they contain. If I need something with caffeine, I stick to just plain iced tea. If you don't like tea, drink a Coke or Pepsi, which are probably safer than the chemicals in the mix you're using.

There is only 30 grams of caffeine per serving, which is a lot less than a cup of coffee, so if you're only drinking one of those per day, I highly doubt that it would be the caffeine from this.

However, it could be one of the ingredients in the mix. If you think that this is what is giving you vertigo, stop drinking it.

As an endurance athlete, I stay away from all of these mixes because they really aren't needed for the small amount of caffeine they contain. If I need something with caffeine, I stick to just plain iced tea. If you don't like tea, drink a Coke or Pepsi, which are probably safer than the chemicals in the mix you're using.

no you misunderstood me caffeine is what is stopping it but for everyone else I talk to that was diagnosed with vertigo caffeine makes it worse but for some reason caffeine stops mine not only that it brings down my heart rate

no you misunderstood me caffeine is what is stopping it but for everyone else I talk to that was diagnosed with vertigo caffeine makes it worse but for some reason caffeine stops mine not only that it brings down my heart rate

I understand. Like I said, there isn't enough caffeine in the mix to really make a positive or negative reaction unless you are drinking multiple servings a day.

Its unlikely that its the caffeine stopping it since there's really not much caffeine in that drink.

It could just be that your vertigo is beginning to go away or there is something else you have either started or stopped doing.

Its unlikely that its the caffeine stopping it since there's really not much caffeine in that drink.

It could just be that your vertigo is beginning to go away or there is something else you have either started or stopped doing.

not that I can think of

I don't have your specific issue, but my body drives my Primary Care Physician nuts. He feels something is out of wack and prescribes a medication to fix it, and frequently it only makes the issue worse. For example, he told me if I lost 15 pounds he would take me off one of my blood pressure medicines. Over a year I lost 50 pounds and he had to put me on an additional medicine. Everyone's body reacts differently.

Your vertigo, is there always and all the time ?
you wake up with it, it stays all day, and you go to bed with it ?

I don't have your specific issue, but my body drives my Primary Care Physician nuts. He feels something is out of wack and prescribes a medication to fix it, and frequently it only makes the issue worse. For example, he told me if I lost 15 pounds he would take me off one of my blood pressure medicines. Over a year I lost 50 pounds and he had to put me on an additional medicine. Everyone's body reacts differently.
Totally. A lot of food that is considered healthy makes my IBS worse. It's really annoying.

It really could just be that its going away on its own then.
Weren't you kind of sick around the holidays?
Is that maybe when the vertigo started? It may have been something to do with that and took a few weeks to go away?

I had it for a little over a year
Your vertigo, is there always and all the time ?
you wake up with it, it stays all day, and you go to bed with it ?
Nope random

I am wondering if the vertigo is due to dehydration every doctor I have has told me I don’t drink enough Strangely enough the only doctor that has not said how dehydrated I am is the dentist

Dehydration and an electrolyte imbalance can cause dizziness. If you drink too much water, that can flush out the electrolytes and cause the imbalance.

I would first drink more water. If that doesn't help, drink Gatorade, NUUN, or Skratch. I personally would not drink the mix you posted because I don't know how well they've been tested. Skratch is my favorite because it's made with cane sugar. My body does not like the artificial sweeteners such as Stevia or sucralose (Splenda).

Also, another thought is that the caffeine you think is helping really isn't. Instead, since you're actually drinking something and hydrating yourself is truly what is helping, not the caffeine.

I am wondering if the vertigo is due to dehydration every doctor I have has told me I don’t drink enough Strangely enough the only doctor that has not said how dehydrated I am is the dentist

Well how much water do you drink daily?

If its random over the past year it may be that you're not eating/drinking enough.
As I recall you've gotten into fitness and have successfully lost weight. Maybe its time to adjust what you're eating to a maintenance phase?

I also wonder if it could be that you're experiencing low blood pressure and calling it vertigo.
Prior to losing weight myself I was on a BP medication and once I did lose the weight my doctor insisted I still needed it but I started noticing a pattern that about 10 hours after I took it I'd feel like crap and need to lay down so I stopped taking it and felt much better.
Next time I went to the doctor I had not been on it for months and he did not know this. When I told him he freaked out but then realized I was perfectly healthy and truly didn't need it anymore.

I think dehydration makes way more sense. Drink more water and alternate with something with electrolytes in case you are losing those too quickly.

Totally. A lot of food that is considered healthy makes my IBS worse. It's really annoying.
I don't know about IBS and foods in humans, but our last cat had IBS. Went through all kinds of commercial and prescription cat food. Vet said the food to avoid was anything with fish. After months we discovered the only food she could tolerate was FISH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter