Meli & Shaun's Wedding Trip:Sunset Pointe/Victoria & Albert's - Our Last Full Day

Oooh - great start to your TR! Looking forward to more updates... popcorn::
Thanks!

LMAO at the laptop on the bed with the disboards up.That is so going to be me lol.

So glad you got to eat at Le Cellier,we love that place.Tim got the smore dessert before lol.

Great trip report so far,can't wait to see the wedding pics.:)
Good to know I won't be the only one.
Shaun & I love Le Cellier too. It was the one place he wanted his parents to go to while they were here.

Part 3: February 7th – Magic Kingdom
Shaun & I were up at 7:00am and were ready to go quickly. We grabbed breakfast at Captain Cooks and took the monorail to Magic Kingdom, arriving right on time at 7:45am.

We called MIL and turns out they were on the boat on their way over! I could already tell today was going to turn out better than yesterday.

We get through bag check and the ticket lines & waited for the opening show. Guess they weren’t doing the real one this morning, but some characters did come out.

And the obligatory castle pictures:

Since it was Extra Magic Hours, we decided to concur Fantasyland first, where we went on Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Philharmagic and that’s when Nana declared she wants to do Dumbo! That’s fine, she gets in line with GF, I run to get people fast passes for Space Mountain, people went to Shaun’s favorite ride (aka bathroom) and got snacks.

As everyone was finishing the snacks, I called Randy to give him the needed information for the next day, as he would now be meeting me at 1:30pm at my mother’s room in the Contemporary.

We went on Buzz. Somehow Shaun got a score of over 400,000. I did well too at right over 100,000. Nana only got 3200 but she LOVED IT! This was good as we thought she wouldn’t. Shaun decided to be evil and have everyone go on Stitch, although I poked him & told him it would be a bad idea for Nana, but men never listen do they? In fact, as we left, she went “On a scale from 1 to 10 that was a negative” We still had a few minutes before their fastpass window so we went on TTA. Allyson & GF had an attitude when the cars ended up separating & they were stuck with Nana on the ride, where as it was Shaun, MIL, FIL, & me in a different car. Oh well, they could deal with Nana for the 5 minutes of the ride.

Afterwards, FIL, Shaun, Allyson & GF went over to Space Mountain as MIL, Nana & I headed to the Mad Teacups as Nana was also so excited about that ride. Btw…if you stop turning when Nana wants to spin faster, she bops you on the hand. ;)

We all met up again and decided to get lunch at Columbia Harbor House. Allyson had a second hissy fit because someone made a comment about her eating. So it was then smoke break time to calm everyone down. (Well smoke break for MIL, FIL, & Allyson, the rest of us don’t smoke)

We headed to Haunted Mansion. Shaun loved that ride. Nana needed a break from all the walking so we stopped in the area by the replication Liberty Bell.

This is where I lost it on a little child. This bratty 6 year old kid was throwing popcorn right in front of where we were sitting along with having a toy sword he was waving around that hit Shaun. Not in the area where there weren’t people, but in front of us. GF is seriously afraid of birds & as much as she gets on my nerves, I really didn’t like watching her freak out as the birds were surrounding us. Plus he hit Shaun so he wasn’t on my good list. She was losing it. So in my lower tolerance for such acts, I yelled at the child to just stop throwing the popcorn our way. The mother was just laughing. So I snapped again and the family left.

MIL also bought Nana a blue parasol with her name in it as the heat was getting to her; however, we had to wait at least 30 minutes for it to dry. This is when we decided to split up again for FIL, Shaun, Allyson & GF to go onto Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I was go to the Tiki Room with MIL & Nana. However, about 5 minutes later, Shaun calls me & says Thunder Mountain has a 45 minute wait so they are just going to skip it. So we met up in front of Pirate and decided to go the ride.

I ran back to the Parasol lady to pick up the Parasol as the others rested for a bit. We then took the train back to Main Street. The Family Fun Parade was going on at the time and Nana stopped in the front & wouldn’t move until it was over. We shopped some down Main Street, where I found the perfect bracelet to wear the next day for the wedding. (I have terrible tan line from my watch & Africa that I never have gotten ride of & Shaun didn’t want me wearing my fossil watch)

We then headed back to our resorts to relax and get ready for Dinner at 6:00pm where it would be the first time our families met each other…

Congrats again!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! and I agree with PP - MORE PICS PLEASE! :-)

can I just say that I think it's sooo funny that you document everything, INCLUDING the smoke breaks. We're smokers. Or reformed smokers. Our whole group smoked at the MK the day before the wedding with the exception of 2 (then later a 3rd non smoker showed up.) I can see how for non-smokers this is the biggest waste of time and it really sticks out in your mind. LOL.

Like I said though. We're reformed smokers. I tried to quit completely before the wedding and that didn't happen, but I smoked 5 cigarettes total the whole 7 days on the cruise and neither Chuck or I have smoked since we've been home!!! :wizard:

Congrats again!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! and I agree with PP - MORE PICS PLEASE! :-)

can I just say that I think it's sooo funny that you document everything, INCLUDING the smoke breaks. We're smokers. Or reformed smokers. Our whole group smoked at the MK the day before the wedding with the exception of 2 (then later a 3rd non smoker showed up.) I can see how for non-smokers this is the biggest waste of time and it really sticks out in your mind. LOL.

Like I said though. We're reformed smokers. I tried to quit completely before the wedding and that didn't happen, but I smoked 5 cigarettes total the whole 7 days on the cruise and neither Chuck or I have smoked since we've been home!!! :wizard:

The smoking thing was kinda funny...as FIL was always on the look out for a smoking area. Luckily, they usually coincided with times that Nana needed to stop walking, but for 70 years old she was doing really well. The smoking thing gets on my nerve with something that happened at the dinner but I'll get to that when I get the update up tonight. (I'm at work currently so no picture uploading can be accomplished)

Thats wonderful that you have done so well with stopping smoking. MIL & FIL have now started taking the stop smoking pill since after they got back. I truly hope it works, as does Shaun.

Haha!! I probably would have gotten annoyed at the kid as well.I can't believe the mom just laughed.

I didn't know that they put a show on when the MK opens!!! I need to check this out lol.

Thanks for starting your TR. Cant wait to hear more! :)

i can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Thanks!

Haha!! I probably would have gotten annoyed at the kid as well.I can't believe the mom just laughed.

I didn't know that they put a show on when the MK opens!!! I need to check this out lol.
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Its a cute show the put on about 5/10 minutes before opening the park. It isn't performed everyday but it is done most. Its good to see at least once!

Thanks for starting your TR. Cant wait to hear more! :)

Part 4: The Meeting of the Families
After resting, Shaun & I got dressed for the dinner. At 4:30pm, we head over to the monorail to get to the Contemporary & take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge.

We walk into the lobby at 5:15 & MIL, FIL, Nana, Allyson & GF are waiting for us in the lobby. We go outside to catch a taxi, as I figured that would be easiest for everyone, especially Nana.

We get to the Yacht Club around 5:40pm & head into the bar next to the Yachtsman and my father is waiting there.

Now this is the first time I’ve seen my father since the October incident. I was cordial but honestly, it was awkward. I was just glad his wife wasn’t with him.

First round of introductions occur & we all order drinks. My mother & Steve arrive. Obvious discomfort was around as Steve & my mom dislike my father but they were also cordial.

Well my mother & MIL click. They start talking like they have known each other for a long time.

We get called to the table and thus went the seating game. With father giving me this face as he didn’t sit right next to shaun & me but oh well. I really didn’t want to end up near him anyway & with the lefty game here’s how we ended up: (Sorry I’m an engineer and I like diagrams)

The meal went well for the most part. Most of us had either Caesar Salads or Lobster Bisque. 6 of the 10 of us had the Chateaubriand for Two. Nana had the lamb. And I have no idea what my father, Allyson or GF had. But everyone loved their meals

Mother & Father
img0715kp1.jpg

Allyson & GF
img0718lu8.jpg

My mother declares she needs a smoke break. MIL get excited as she wants one too. So off they went before the entrée was cleared. I told my mother not to go as the dinner would only last like 30 more minutes or so but she snapped and said she would only be a few minutes.

Two minutes later the entrees are cleared away.

5 minutes after that our cake comes out…Its everything we imagined & more! Shaun loved it.
Groom’s Cake
wedding029vd0.jpg

And we wait for MIL & my mother to return

And we wait

And we wait

20 minutes later, I’m a bit angry, as is most of the table as we have this pretty cake we want to cut but we won’t because its rude to serve food with people not there. Although its rude for them to leave for that long to smoke.

So I tried to call my mother…oh…she never has her cell phone on (btw…what is the point of having a cell if it is NEVER on?) So we try to call MIL…cell phone is at the table…

Steve is getting annoyed too so he decides to go find them.

10 minutes later their back! And they act like it was nothing & they just got lost trying to find a smoking area. *sigh*

So we cut the cake finally.

img0712yn7.jpg

img0714dz1.jpg

Mmm…that was yummy…Marble with Bailey’s Mousse in the middle.

Steve
img0713eb6.jpg

Mom & Steve
img0716rd5.jpg

We ended up serving some cake to the people in the tables in the area

We all chatted for a bit but it was getting late.

Overall, I’m glad that my mother & MIL got along well. Steve & GF talked a lot too as apparently they have the same type of humor. Allyson didn’t really talk to anyone. And I’m sure Nana kept my father entertained.

Also, thank goodness for my DDE! It saved my inlaws $100!

After they paid…I actually ran to the bathroom as I had to well go and I guess that was the queue for everyone else to leave the table too.

My father had this photo taken and then left without saying good bye.
Leaving
img0719ne6.jpg

The rest of talked for a little bit but we all were tired & we all were going to meet for breakfast at 8:20 at Kona.

Mom & Steve took Shaun & me back to the Polynesian as we had to carefully carry the cake back & there was no way that was going to happen in a taxi.

awesome trip report! The pictures are wonderful. That cake was absolutely gorgeous!! What is the topiary mickey made of?

Thanks! Howard and I were both blown away when we saw it. I even got a bit teary eyed at the pix of you and Shaun with the cake, practicing your first cut! ;)

Thanks! Howard and I were both blown away when we saw it. I even got a bit teary eyed at the pix of you and Shaun with the cake, practicing your first cut! ;)
Thanks :hug: We were blown away too with the cake. Disney really out does themselves.

Love the grooms cake! Did Disney do it for you?

Looking forward to more!

Thanks! The Bakery at the Grand Floridian is the ones that made it for us. We went through our wedding coordinator to get it done.

Wedding Day – Before The Wedding
Shaun woke up before me and I found myself being woken by cuddles. I wasn’t expecting that as we had been in the separate beds but it was the perfect way to wake up on our wedding day and I was not stressed at all, well at least yet.

I get into my wedding undergarments then as I didn’t want to have to do it later & put on a button down shirt and a pair of khakis as after breakfast I was getting my hair down at Ivy Trellis.

I then packed what will now be known as the wedding bag of doom. It had all 4 tiaras that I could possibly wear, money, phone, camera, make up bag just in case, and my veil placed on the top.

Shaun & I head to Kona Café to wait outside for everyone to attend. Shaun & I were going to host a breakfast for everyone as we all knew we wouldn’t have time to really eat a decent lunch anyway before the wedding with getting ready and all. My father showed at 8am and it was awkward conversation until my mother & Steve showed up at 8:15 and she handed me my bride ears : )

We called MIL & they said that they have been waiting since 7:30am for the blue flag boat that runs from the WL, Fort Wilderness, and Contemporary so they can get to the Monorail. So we waited. At 8:45am, the blue line boat still hadn’t shown up. This was cry #1 today for me as I was stressed about it all. Shaun & I were pissed as that boat is suppose to start at 6:30am in the morning. The people at the Wilderness Lodge didn’t care, little did I know that would just be the beginning of the trouble we were going to have with the Wilderness Lodge.

We told his family to just forget it as there wasn’t enough time and Allyson went inside to discuss things with the Front Desk and complain about the transportation issue.

And then we told Kona we were ready to be seated although only half our party is here 30 minutes after the time our reservation was. Luckily, we all knew what we wanted as during our waiting we had looked at the menus. Being the awful bride I am, I had Tonga Toast with Bacon and a Mimosa. I needed to calm down. I really don’t know what anyone else had as I was focusing on Shaun & me. The whole thing was awkward as it was Mom, Steve, my Father, Shaun & me. Mom & Steve don’t like my father and it was just bad. Had everyone been able to show up, I think it would have been better. I told my father at the end, to remind him, meet at 1:45pm in the Poly Lobby so the Wedding Coordinator will take you to the site with the rest of the guest.

At the end of breakfast, my father was going to drive Shaun to WL.

Mom, Steve & I got on the monorail & my mom & I got off at the Grand Floridian for my hair & make-up appointment at the Ivy Trellis for my hair.

The lady doing my hair was super nice and we had to wait & got started.

wedding033vl1.jpg

p1000579xl2.jpg

p1000580vi9.jpg

My mother was there until this point & then she headed back to the Contemporary to make sure Steve was actually getting ready:

And the finished product:
p1000581xs0.jpg

wedding039yc3.jpg

I’m really happy with the work they did and that hair lasted! I ended up keeping it up & wore it on Saturday too for the Pirates & Princess Party.

I went to pay her and I was shocked at how good of a deal it was…$88 for both my hair/makeup! I tipped her $20 and got onto the monorail to get to the Contemporary. Needless to say, this was when I started getting those funny looks & frankly I didn’t care as it was my wedding day.

And this is where we will pause, as I get to

Shaun’s Side
My father drove Shaun to the WL where it wasn’t a good ride.

Shaun proceeding to handle talking to the Front Desk as my SIL never got an apology or anything from them. Apparently Shaun is a good talker as he was able to get him a taxi ride back to the Polynesian to get ready & a taxi ride for his family to get there for 1:45pm.

SIL had found someone through Criagslist to do their hair, cut the guy’s hair, and do mani/pedi for the girls (well, not GF.) Apparently this cost them $600 in the end. Shaun went over to get his hair cut before he returned to the Polynesian.

And the only pictures I have of that over there:
Nana
img2236pi9.jpg

Allyson
img2237ua2.jpg

Shaun got back to the Polynesian where he ended up graping a lunch anyway and he watched the Price is Right and other crap tv until he got dressed. His only comment afterwards was that Drew Carey is an awful host for the Price is Right.

Wedding Day – Up Until The Walk”
When we last left off, I was getting off the Monorail & heading up to the 11th Floor to my mother’s room.

I will apologize that I have no pictures of myself of this part, as Randy is the only person that has pictures of this part of the day & I haven’t gotten them yet (I should be getting the previews next week though :) )

I get inside and Steve is almost ready & my mother is all done but her hair.

I had gotten a really crappy manicure job before I left for the trip as in a day later, it was already peeling off. I however, wasn’t going to spend $65 on a Disney Manicure when I can get one for $20 a home. So my mother borrowed the French manicure polishes from her nail tech at home (well she wanted to buy them, but the tech said just borrow them)

So my mother fixed my nails decent enough with the polishes. As my mother was doing her hair, that is when I snuck online at the Contemporary (yay for computers in the room) In a strange sense, it calmed me a bit before the wedding.

Randy was suppose to arrive at 1:30pm, so imagine my surprise when he showed up at 12:30! I wasn’t dressed yet. He was very nice & started taking pictures of my dress & shoes & garter.

(Btw, I went with the flip flops on the actually wedding day as when I got into the heels, my left ankle decided to hate me and I wasn’t going to be a cranky bride)

Randy & Steve left the room so I could get in my dress with my mother’s help.

After about 10 minutes they came back in & Randy begin taking tons of pictures. Steve felt a bit weird about ‘family’ pictures with him as well; he & my mother started dating after I went to college so he never really knew me.

Randy got some pictures of me out in the hall way with the Monorail & such.

It was around 1:30pm now & Randy said he was going to head over to the Polynesian to get some picture of Shaun and he would meet us up at the Monorail Landing of the Polynesian a little before 2.

After my mother took a bunch of pictures of me, we headed to the monorail. Thank goodness for the elevator as my dress would not be able to handle the escalator.

The monorail attendant ended up holding up the monorail for us rather than have us wait for the next one so we found the car with the most amount of adults/less children. I know that sounds bad, but I felt more comfortable that way.

We ended up getting to the monorail landing before Randy, so we wait there as we figured Shaun & his family are probably downstairs still.

Shaun & His Family Downstairs
img2239hb3.jpg

img2243tt7.jpg

img0720os2.jpg

Randy greets us, saying they are still downstairs and begins taking more pictures.

Eventually, Shaun & them move to Sunset Pointe and Kathleen meets us upstairs & tells me that my father is saying he is walking me down the aisle. Kathleen informs me that she told him that wasn’t the plan but my father was insistant. In the elevator currently, I get pissed off & I’m sure I put Kathleen & Randy back with my mouth. And when we get into the lobby area where my father was are waiting. At first I’m calm and said, “we have discussed this, I’m walking myself down the aisle” and in response “Give me just this one thing” and I respond “Why would I give you the honor of walking me the aisle when you’ve barely been there for me since high school?” and it escalates from there. Mom gets involved, Kathleen tries to convince him that this is my day and I should get what I want and even Randy makes a comment. At this point, I’m crying and it isn’t happy tears. Its all the frustrations I didn’t want to have. This issue was taken care of before the wedding but it came up still…and my father still keeps giving me the disappointed look the whole time on the drive to Sunset Pointe on the golf cart and won’t live the end of the aisle until Kathleen tells him to just go. It made me feel like a huge ***** although I knew I was doing the right thing and I’m happy with my decisions.

Nana
img2249eb0.jpg

Shaun’s Family
img0723ve4.jpg

Mom & Steve
img0727ye6.jpg

Father
img0728ne5.jpg

Shaun
img2250zr2.jpg

Luckily, Kathleen is able to calm me down before I walk down the aisle. And I’m so happy she was able to do that.

She went & got everyone seated and she had to hold the music for the violinist as it was an unique piece of music.

As I stood there about to walk down the aisle, this little boy came up to me asking me if I was a princess and that I looked beautiful. That was what I needed to hear right then as I was about to walk down the aisle.

Coming up…The Ceremony

Oh, I am so excited for your first trip to Disneyland! It is a totally different experience than WDW, and nothing is better than staying at the Grand!!

Have a magical time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter