Melissa's Planning Journal - Feb 8th, 2008 - Final Update Before Leaving

So I finally picked out my veil! (Took me long enough) I bought it off of ebay and should have it soon.

I also went through my wedding bag of stuff and saw what I have...

Tiara/Headband:
p1000309zc4.jpg

I'm leaning towards using the headband more so than the tiara, but once I get the veil I can play with my hair and see what I like better.

Other Hair Things:
p1000311en9.jpg

I will bring them in and let the hair stylist choose as she pleases.

Wine Charms I bought everyone while I was Africa:
p1000312ra4.jpg

Thank You Cards and the beginning of something that I'm not sure of yet...
p1000315ju8.jpg

Left To Do:
Wedding Shoes
Confirm Processional Choice
Debating if I want Crinoline or not
Welcome Gifts?

i vote YES on the crinoline!

I got the same veil from e-bat (but mine is ivory). It is really pretty.........not quite as full or as long as I would like, but for the price, it is great!!
I also have the castle sucker molds........that's what we used for favors at my shower, but we didn't make suckers. We just had the castles........everyone loved them and couldn't believe that we made them ourselves. (we bought a ton of Nestle chocolate bars on clearance after halloween for .52 a bag at Target and melted them in the crock pot!!)
Good luck with everything........your dress is beautiful by the way!!!

Melissa,
I am just jumping into your PJ, I saw the title of your thread and had to pop in to look at your dress. It's beautiful. I have to go back to read the rest of the PJ. I just wanted to comment on the dress.

Oh, and I vote yes on the crinnie too, and dye it like Caryn, and Jax and several others of us on the boards. I'm going to dye mine when I get to order one off ebay. I have to take my vacation first. I'll be hangin' with Mickey all next week.

Can't wait to read more of your PJ. popcorn::

What are you gonna do with the shells? I'm always looking for new beach-ey ideas for my reception!

I got the same veil from e-bat (but mine is ivory). It is really pretty.........not quite as full or as long as I would like, but for the price, it is great!!
I also have the castle sucker molds........that's what we used for favors at my shower, but we didn't make suckers. We just had the castles........everyone loved them and couldn't believe that we made them ourselves. (we bought a ton of Nestle chocolate bars on clearance after halloween for .52 a bag at Target and melted them in the crock pot!!)
Good luck with everything........your dress is beautiful by the way!!!

Mine is ivory too since my dress is ivory. Thats just the picture they had online. I loved the price of $14.99 that I got it too. Thats a good idea about the Nestle's chocolate. I was going to buy the chips from AC Moore but that idea is a lot cheaper and Christmas is just around the corner.

Melissa,
I am just jumping into your PJ, I saw the title of your thread and had to pop in to look at your dress. It's beautiful. I have to go back to read the rest of the PJ. I just wanted to comment on the dress.

Oh, and I vote yes on the crinnie too, and dye it like Caryn, and Jax and several others of us on the boards. I'm going to dye mine when I get to order one off ebay. I have to take my vacation first. I'll be hangin' with Mickey all next week.

Can't wait to read more of your PJ. popcorn::
Thanks. I'm really happy with my dress, despite some of the drama I had to get it.
Have a great Disney Trip!
The crinoline seem to be cheap enough on ebay that if I don't like it on, its no big loss. I fail at dying since I don't have a tub in my apartment.

What are you gonna do with the shells? I'm always looking for new beach-ey ideas for my reception!

I'm not sure yet. I bought them on a whim and still haven't thought about it a lot.

jaxteach, kristen14 and i got our crinnies from angel's bridal on ebay! they are super cheap!

Thanks for the info!

Nice! Thats cool that we are! Welcome to the boards.

I'm having my reception at Victoria & Albert's at 5:30pm in the Fireside Room. Where are you planning on having yours?

I'll be in Disney from 2/5 - 2/16.
hello!
we are having our reception dinner at fulton's. we are having a dp but on 2/10. we are staying at bwv. you have randy booked right? he said he was already doing a 2:30 disney, it's all good though-misti was available. take care!

hello!
we are having our reception dinner at fulton's. we are having a dp but on 2/10. we are staying at bwv. you have randy booked right? he said he was already doing a 2:30 disney, it's all good though-misti was available. take care!

Yup. I've had randy booked since 2/8/07.

You should start a planning journal!

So I bought crinoline. I'm still not sure if I'm going to use it or not but at least I can see if I like it on or not. I got the a-line crinoline. It might not be full enough, but I can always buy a fuller one if it isn't enough.

MUSIC CHOICES
Beginning: Random Disney Selections
Processional: Dearly Beloved from Kingdom Hearts
Recessional: Candle in the Water from Pete's Dragon
First Dance: Thank You for Loving Me by Bon Jovi

So my F-SIL's girlfriend will now be joining us in Disney from 2/5 to 2/9. She knows she is more than likely not going to be able to go the ceremony at least. I do have room for her at the dinner since my V&A contract is for 12 people luckily. I've never met her though. I'll meet her at Thanksgiving in a couple days.

Your dress and veil are beautiful!

I had "Candle on the Water" played at our wedding, I adore that song.

Your dress and veil are beautiful!

I had "Candle on the Water" played at our wedding, I adore that song.

Thank you!

I adore it to and I think it fits Shaun & I. I wanted "The Rose" to be playing but my mother didn't like that because it was her father's favorite song and she doesn't want to be crying even more than she would have been.

Completely Random, but I just got back from a 7 night Cruise with two of my girl friends and this happened to be above our bed in the room :

I agree with Caryn that you should get both. The heeled shoes are super cute! However, I think the flip flops would be more comfortable in the long run. If I had to just get one I would personally get the flip flops because the heels would hurt me after a while. I am wearing flips for my wedding because my dress is long and no one will see them anyways.

I ended up getting both. Shoebuy is generally quick with their shipment so I should have them Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter