Melissa's Planning Journal - Feb 8th, 2008 - Final Update Before Leaving

I love the top ones, my bm are wearing similar but in pink
Nice! I like them but I know they are going to kill my feet.

That is adorable! Was that a Disney cruise or no?

Man all these PJs are making me wish I was getting married soon, LOL! They are so much fun though!
It was a Disney Cruise! I'm glad you are enjoying my pj.

I would say both too. I have the same idea....flip flops after the ceremony.
Yeah. Plus I'll have my flip flops to wear all year too so I can always wear my wedding shoes.

Shopping
I went shopping again today...but this time for much needed things
  • Crest White Strips - I want my teeth to look pretty so for 35 dollars these things better work
  • Neutrogena Build-a-Tan - I wanted to do a tanning bed but the one closest to me is nasty and I won't have time to go out of my way every other day so I hope this works
  • Biore Strips - Gotta make sure no break out happens before the wedding
  • Clean & Clear Deep Cleanings Creme - For some reason I'm breaking out on my chest so I'm hoping this will work, if not, I don't know what I'm going to do
  • Nair - As well...I want to be smooth everywhere ;) and I'm not a fan of waxing anywhere but my eyebrows

Tux
Shaun & I finally went today to get his tux ordered. He ended up going with a burnt orange tie which will match the flowers & he liked it better than the silver. It was funny watching some of the other brides in there freak out on their future husbands over the tuxes over something as stupid as a shirt...

We ended up getting it for $150 for two weeks since this time of year is very slow.

My New Car
This morning before the tux shopping, Shaun & I went to look for a new car for me. We hadn't planned on buying yet but we did.
2003 Beetle Convertible

It only has 35,000 miles on it. I get to pick it up on Tuesday since that is when all the registration & titles will be done :)

I'm about to have my own rain freakout...

I *really* shouldn't have looked at Accuweather for 2/8....

However, my day isn't looking too good....

If I wasn't at work, I would be calling Kathleen to figure out my alternative location as I DO NOT Want to Get Married at the King Kiawhatever Suite if I'm rained out. I'll take the Lobby of the Poly before I do that.

I already broke down last night as one of the guys at work told me it took him over a month to get his first paycheck & if that had happened to me I wouldn't have been able to pay for the rest of the stuff associated with the wedding/honeymoon. Luckily he was wrong & it was in my bank account this morning. One pseudocrisis diverted.

What is it about 2 weeks before the wedding, I'm a complete mess.

I will be on my planning session that week! Its my birthday on the 9th as well. I'm wishing for good weather for you!

Hopefully I may see you there!

OMG - I'm sorry you're going through this, too. One thing that makes me feel better is the forecast for Caryn's wedding day was rain, but according to an eyewitness, the weather was really nice that day.

Let us know what they say about your backup site. Sometimes Poly people get the Wedding Pavilion! :thumbsup2

Melissa -- your car is adorable. Your paycheck potential crisis is averted. It is MUCH too early to be looking at the weather for 2/8 in FLORIDA of all places!!! Oh my goodness! THey predict RAIN there every day!!! BTW, the forecast for the marathon was for rain, pretty much all day! At 5 am it was already hot and humidity was 100%. It never rained until about 2pm, notwithstanding all the dire predictions. I just don't want you to worry yet about the ONE thing you have absolutely NO control over. Sending you heaps and heaps of pixiedust: and :goodvibes !

I will be on my planning session that week! Its my birthday on the 9th as well. I'm wishing for good weather for you!

Hopefully I may see you there!
What days are you going to be there?
If you are going to P&P on the 9th, you should hang out at the hub for the fireworks.
It would be great to meet another Disney bride :)

OMG - I'm sorry you're going through this, too. One thing that makes me feel better is the forecast for Caryn's wedding day was rain, but according to an eyewitness, the weather was really nice that day.

Let us know what they say about your backup site. Sometimes Poly people get the Wedding Pavilion! :thumbsup2
According to Kathleen, it looks like my backup is the Wedding Pavillion. The weather keeps flip flopping so I"m staying positive.

Melissa -- your car is adorable. Your paycheck potential crisis is averted. It is MUCH too early to be looking at the weather for 2/8 in FLORIDA of all places!!! Oh my goodness! THey predict RAIN there every day!!! BTW, the forecast for the marathon was for rain, pretty much all day! At 5 am it was already hot and humidity was 100%. It never rained until about 2pm, notwithstanding all the dire predictions. I just don't want you to worry yet about the ONE thing you have absolutely NO control over. Sending you heaps and heaps of pixiedust: and :goodvibes !

Thank you! I love my car too.
I knwo about FL weather. I think its just that crazy bridal thing going on...I grew up in FL...I know how silly the weather is...

As the family packer, I start watching the weather first 15 days out on Accuweather, then at 10 days start comparing it to Weather.com. For MLK it was pretty funny, one was forecasting warmer but rainy, the other sunny but chilly. About 5 days out they start to come together.

The forecast change sometimes a couple times per day. You also can check historical number on weatherunderground(that's when I figured out Thanksgiving of 2006 was an abnormality).

Will be doing my "dry weather dance" for you also!:cool1:

But at least you have the WP as a back up and not some room in a convention center.

As the family packer, I start watching the weather first 15 days out on Accuweather, then at 10 days start comparing it to Weather.com. For MLK it was pretty funny, one was forecasting warmer but rainy, the other sunny but chilly. About 5 days out they start to come together.

The forecast change sometimes a couple times per day. You also can check historical number on weatherunderground(that's when I figured out Thanksgiving of 2006 was an abnormality).

Will be doing my "dry weather dance" for you also!:cool1:

But at least you have the WP as a back up and not some room in a convention center.

I know! I've been checking it too. Its changed to be sunny so I'm going keep my dry weather dance going to. Thank you for joining in :)

I'm not going to let it worry me, especially with so much more to worry about currently.

Uh oh, I found you and now I know your plans. I might have to stalk you! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter