***Memorial Day at the Fort***

Im starting to get worried, I was hoping that since school (at least in our area) is not out until 1st week in June, that it would be the perfect time to go. We would beat the summer crowds, hope we didn't make the wrong decision :sad2:

Most of the Florida schools have ended their year by this time. Over Memorial Day weekend you will definitely see the parks at capacity crowds. This is just the way it is on every holiday that results in a 3 day weekend - and has been this way for years. If your over-all intention is to spend most of your time in the parks, be prepared for huge crowds and long lines. Bring plenty of water into the park because it will most likely be very hot, humid & will rain at some time or another over the weekend.

You can have your loop request listed on your reservation when talking with CRO, but sending a fax 4-5 days before arrival underscores your request.

:santa:

Wondering if it would be worth moving the trip a few days to avoid the weekend? Mabe arrive on the 25th then go to the parks on Tuesday:confused:

I think we'll probably end up spending most of the weekend at the Fort if the parks are going to be that crowded :thumbsup2 But we will have to go to HS at least one day for the Star Wars weekend... my boys wouldnt forgive me if we missed that one!

I am seriously considering just canceling the whole thing:sad1:
I love the fort but have a hard time justifying driving 900 miles to run around the camp ground for two days. Also I looked at the calender and Gay Days starts the following week and we don't want to get into that crowd.
I feel like we are in a no win situation:confused3

Wondering if it would be worth moving the trip a few days to avoid the weekend? Mabe arrive on the 25th then go to the parks on Tuesday:confused:

This is exactly what we did. We arrive on Sunday before Memorial day and leave Tuesday June 2. A friend of mine in our group wanted to go to the MK on Monday and I absolutely refused to even make an attempt. I plan on swimming at the Fort and cooking out at the camp site on Monday. Maybe hit the parks on Tuesday or Wednesday.

This is exactly what we did. We arrive on Sunday before Memorial day and leave Tuesday June 2. A friend of mine in our group wanted to go to the MK on Monday and I absolutely refused to even make an attempt. I plan on swimming at the Fort and cooking out at the camp site on Monday. Maybe hit the parks on Tuesday or Wednesday.

DW sugested that but I wonder what it will be like driving from southern IN. on a holliday weekend?

Hubby and I will be there with the "group" also. We'll be spending lots of time at the campground as Rick will be only 2 weeks past a new knee. He does have an ECV, but just sitting in that one position for very long won't be easy for him. So a big comfy lawn chair with his leg propped up with the cooler right there will be best!!!

I wonder how crowded FW and the parks will be after the Memorial day holiday and everybody heads back home?

So, are there any plans for that weekend other than all of us being there? We arrive on 21 May late night (have to work that day then its an hour drive) then we leave 25 May in the afternoon. We only plan on DHS on 22 May but will have 3 day tickets (cheaper to buy 2 three day tickets than 2 one day). This is our pretrip trip. We will be back in June for our extended Disney overload trip (7 days for all of the parks plus water parks and DQ).

Would be nice to meet some of the folks on the board. Ill have the LGM out marking our spot, so if you see it, stop on by.

So, are there any plans for that weekend other than all of us being there? We arrive on 21 May late night (have to work that day then its an hour drive) then we leave 25 May in the afternoon. We only plan on DHS on 22 May but will have 3 day tickets (cheaper to buy 2 three day tickets than 2 one day). This is our pretrip trip. We will be back in June for our extended Disney overload trip (7 days for all of the parks plus water parks and DQ).

Would be nice to meet some of the folks on the board. Ill have the LGM out marking our spot, so if you see it, stop on by.

We arrive on the 22nd, we'll be looking for you.
This is prob a silly question, but what is this Star Wars weekend thing??? :confused3

Thanks for the Star Wars info, looks fun. My kids love the movies. Do you have to have special tickets other than the studio ones?

Devores, I think I asked u this before, where in Riverview do u live? We are there also. We are also going for MM, leaving here the 22nd. DH has to have a test @ Moffit @ 12:30 I am hoping it isn't as long as his MRI there, he was there 4 hrs. Our Plan is to get out of there come home and hit the road. I would love to have some of the day left when we get there. We always seem to get there at 10pm. Last week I think we got there at 6 which is great for us.

Thanks for the Star Wars info, looks fun. My kids love the movies. Do you have to have special tickets other than the studio ones?

Nope. Everything you see on that page takes place in the park during regular hours - no special tix.

Devores, can you explain why that is cheaper...3 day instead of 1?

We wanted 2 day tickets but they would cost us $200 for the 2 of us. We could get 3 day tickets for $245 for the both of us. So for an extra $50 we both get in the parks for an extra day. And living in the area, we can save it and use it later.

Devores, I think I asked u this before, where in Riverview do u live? We are there also. We are also going for MM, leaving here the 22nd. DH has to have a test @ Moffit @ 12:30 I am hoping it isn't as long as his MRI there, he was there 4 hrs. Our Plan is to get out of there come home and hit the road. I would love to have some of the day left when we get there. We always seem to get there at 10pm. Last week I think we got there at 6 which is great for us.

Yeh, a while ago in another thread. We live on the edge of Brandon and Riverview off of Providence and Riverview Drive. We plan on hitting SWW on Friday so we may see yall pull in. Keep an eye out. Im working on a sign for our site now, some lime green Mickey thing.

I have my lime green Mickey sign in the window of the MH. I usually put up a Mickey light I made, it hangs from a tree and has red lights. We have a black & white Forest River Windsong. Hope to meet up with u. Did u make your reservations thru the group, if so we will be in the same loop. See u there can't wait. We are going to NY the week before I hope we don't get sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter