Memory Maker for a School Group

bffdisney

Mouseketeer
I posted in the memory maker thread but didn't get any responses so hope it's ok to try here!

I am taking a school group in January and the kids will all have tickets that we will hand out when we get to Disney. They don't have their own MDE.

I want to buy memory maker for the group. I was thinking of making one "dummy" account to buy memory maker on. They can all log in to that account and have a photographer scan that account. Then they can download photos as they go without me having to do it.

Is this allowed? Good idea? Bad idea? Thanks for the feedback. I'm not trying to go around the rules, I'm trying to save myself from sending photos to 50 different kids as they want them. Last year when we went and I added each kid's ticket number and linked each kid to me and then I spent the whole trip sending them photos whenever they wanted them. When we got back I downloaded them all and shared them with the group but the kids wanted them instantly as well to send to parents.

My concern would be 50 people logging into the same account on 50 different devices with Disney IT, I feel like it might not really like that... but I guess you never know till you try.

This might work, but I also think it has the potential to be glitchy. They would all have to be told how to log in to that account, and how to pull up the photopass code in the app to have it scanned.

But the max # of people who you can add to your friends and family list to see their photos is 25, so that wouldn't really work, either.

How old are the kids? I travel with high schoolers, and they all have their own MDE accounts, so they can mobile order food, make plans, use virtual queues, etc.

I start a Google Drive folder with pics from my trips, give everyone the link, and add to it throughout the trip. That way anyone can see and download pics they want.

Last year when we went and I added each kid's ticket number and linked each kid to me and then I spent the whole trip sending them photos whenever they wanted them.
While I totally see where you're coming from with this, I think having all of this kids trying to log into the same MDE is going to be a mess.I wouldn't be surprised if it started requiring kids to redo 2 factor authentication and then you're fielding a ton of requests for the 6 digit pin.

Can you set the expectation that you will download photos to a shared drive each evening? That way, they're getting them somewhat real time but you're not pulling 50 individual photos every day.

I really appreciate all of these ideas. I think you're right, I will just download them each night. But won't I still need something for them all to scan because I can't link them all?

Maybe I will have each chaperone take like 10 kids, link them, and then just have the chaperones link to me. I THINK that will work??

How old are the kids? I travel with high schoolers, and they all have their own MDE accounts, so they can mobile order food, make plans, use virtual queues, etc.
I'm nervous to let them have their own MDE. I guess I'm not sure why. They have coupons for food so can't mobile order. I don't have to worry about them cancelling park reservations anymore thank goodness!

I really appreciate all of these ideas. I think you're right, I will just download them each night. But won't I still need something for them all to scan because I can't link them all?

Maybe I will have each chaperone take like 10 kids, link them, and then just have the chaperones link to me. I THINK that will work??

I think that's the part that's missing from the Google Drive suggestion. If they aren't linked to you in MDE, their pics aren't even going to show up for you. I think the idea of dividing up with chaperones and having the chaperone scan for the pic is a good one.

I would just take a screenshot the of QR code and circulate that so it can get scanned. It could be your account or a separate account you create. Also, let them know to get the photopass card from the photographer if the QR code doesn't work and to take a photo of that and send it to you then you can get the photos.

Then I would say something like each night we will upload the photos from the day to x google drive.

Not exactly what you asked but a Photopass photographer gave me the suggestion to make a screenshot of the code and then just make that your lock screen on your phone.

I would just take a screenshot the of QR code and circulate that so it can get scanned. It could be your account or a separate account you create. Also, let them know to get the photopass card from the photographer if the QR code doesn't work and to take a photo of that and send it to you then you can get the photos.

Then I would say something like each night we will upload the photos from the day to x google drive.
I think so too. Sounds easier than linking everyone on my end!
I think you all are right though to just upload them each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter