Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

I still have power. I did watch a transformer across the way about .25 miles away blow and catch fire. The wind is picking up. It is gusty and have seen trees down. We have not been out of the condo except this morning to take dogs out. Going to wait till 6 to take them out again. Hoping it's still ok.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there.

Kris happy to hear you and the kids are safe hope Bert is as well and you can all go out in a bit and stay safe Noe all we need is for Ed to check in.

It was too good to be true. We lost power at 5:15. I am expecting it will be out all night. Also means no treadmill for the run tomorrow. Going to be fun.

It was too good to be true. We lost power at 5:15. I am expecting it will be out all night. Also means no treadmill for the run tomorrow. Going to be fun.
Hopefully it won't be too long before the lights come back on

View attachment 268889

I assume that is why I am out of power
I am not an electrician but I did dream of being at the FORT last night and I suspect that could have something to do with it

I hope everyone in Irma's path came out ok. It's been a long two days. We did better than I expected. We live in Polk county and she came really close to us. We were lucky that she weakened so much before finally getting here. We were hit really hard in 2004 with lots of damage and no power for a week, so I am glad we fared much better this time. We are the only street in our neighborhood that has power. My husband said most of the city is out. Estimated time for all power to be restored is 5 days to four weeks.

we still have a lot of rain but winds are starting to weaken. Still out of power. Did get dogs outside to pee then walked in the parking garage. Thankfully one elevator works on the generator. Lots of people out trying to walk dogs.

It is very dark in the condo now that the sun has gone down. We do have lots of candles because of dogs(use it for smell) and some great headlamps for running outside that we made sure we're fully charged.

Kris,

Hang in there. It looks like the worst of it has moved north of you. If you want, I'll be coming by your house on Friday. I can pick you, Bert and the pups up to head to the Fort. You can work anywhere. Might as well do it where you have the power of the mouse.

More good info for traveling Florida highways.
Tripleb,

This is really encouraging. South bound I-75 started doubling or quadrupling normal hourly flow this afternoon. This is my next biggest concern is that everyone will wait until Friday to start coming home.

j

The pre-storm notice was the Fort would be closed through Tuesday with the other resorts and parks closed through Monday. This is similar to what they did last year with Matthew. I suspect given the size (and relative revenue generation), the Fort is 2nd on the priority list behind parks and "real" resorts.

Tomorrow will hopefully bring news of a Wednesday opening.

j

My wife had up WDWMAGIC.com and they have some video of entrance to MK Pics of Poly and Port Orleans Looks like some trees down and lots of tree limbs sure some one will post more But from what I saw it looks like clean up shouldn't take too long but they did say AK took a hard hit

We still are praying for your safety. Kris glad you are able to walk the babies. I am like you, don't leave the babies alone during a storm. They scare me & can imagine how they feel.
Please keep in touch all of you! Hope Bama Ed is OK 7 his family.

We made it through the storm alright. I'm pretty sure I saw green lightning early this morning during the worst of the storm. We have power but the traffic lights around here are all out. It's going to be fun getting to work tomorrow morning. They're already warning us about the possibility that Jose could show up next weekend.

Irma is a hot mess!
My area (just north of Atlanta) got hit with a few 60+mph gusts according to the official Atlanta weather wind measurer (new word). Talked to all my 60-75 foot pines yesterday about standing tall and upright. Lot's of trees down in the metro area and at least two people killed by falling trees so far. Winds still blowing but much less now, just the occasional scary sounding gust.

My sister and her family live about 40 miles north and they have been without power since around 4pm today. Luckily, my area has had power so far. Don't read this next part Tiggerdad... (Last time we lost power several years ago it was due to a squirrel that bit the wiring in the transformer and set itself and the surrounding grass on fire!)

Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

From: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/hurricane-irma-info/

DISNEY RESORTS

All Disney Resorts will begin normal operation September 12, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney's Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas.

• Fort Wilderness Campground will remain closed at this time while assessments to the property are completed.
  • To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be cancelled Tuesday, September 12. Any existing reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas are scheduled to re-open on Thursday, September 14.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter