Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

I am guessing they don't have a "Closed for Hurricane" configured in their system.

Jim Cantore is now in Tampa, so I guess this is "Game On".The last track I saw has the storm just west of Tampa Bay, this is not what we wanted to see. My home is still in the cone but east of the center.

One of my co-workers daughter lives in Ft. Myers. She could not evacuate because of lack of fuel. She is staying at a friends house a little inland from Ft. Myers.

Prayers going out to her and everyone in the path of Irma.

I had said uptbread that instead of having us flcheck in Friday night until a Saturday, they were relocating us. We were extremely fortunate that AKV were able to take us a day early, so were able to settle into our 2BR Friday.
Found out yesterday that my grandparents, who were supposed to be driving home to CT last week (after delaying their trip home each week for a month now), decided to stay in their mobile home. Cross your fingers that we can convince them to try to drive here ASAP to stay with us.

Just for a quick laugh. Finally Typhoon Lagoon lives up to its name and I cant go! Dang!

I have an uncle and aunt living down in the Port Charlotte area. They look like they are going to get hit pretty hard. They have been evacuated. Since she works for a hospital, they opened up a center for employees and family (pets too) to hunker down in. You know it's serious when Disney shuts down.

This morning's projected path. On TWC Mike Seidel is in Miami and taking a beating. The Keys are close to the eye by now.
093910_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Irma has made her turn Northward and is currently pounding on the Florida Keys. She is expected to continue on her North-North West path, with the eye of the storm brushing the Florida West coast through Monday. Here are a few Web Sites that might be beneficial to those of us that have Fort reservations next weekend:

Traffic: https://fl511.com/

Power Outage: http://fplmaps.com/

Gas/Diesel Availability: http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Mike Seidel's camera man just took a spill from all the wind gust and rain that they are getting. 71 mph wind gust in Miami.

Cudjoe Key has been the point of first landfall. Just East of Key West, FL.

Mike Seidel's cameraman getting blown down. Poor guy.

Heading out door for church. I assure we'll be sending prayers.

We've bee flipping back and forth between FNC and TWC and when I saw TWC's Mike Seidel in water up to his calf I couldn't help but think "Oh yeah this is going to work out well !!"
Fox has Adam Howsley on Key Largo and he is reporting storm surge is up on bay side and starting on Ocean side with areas under significant water

They have cams but they are not live streaming. I have been looking for some all afternoon, have not found any. I have been watching the Cocoa Beach live stream cam watching the waves coming in. Just tried getting on the Fl. Keys cam again and nothing.

Praying everyone stays safe.
Weather Channel Network has live reporting and livecams from Lauderdale by the Sea

FYI... We drove back home yesterday, avoiding I-75. 19 is four-landed all the way, and the traffic was minimal. However, we had a terrible time finding gas until we were north of I-10.

Looks like bama ed and tiggerdad are now in the thick of it. Still expecting 40 to 50 mph winds here on Monday afternoon. We will get lots of rain. It's windy here already and it only 18 mph winds. You can tell I have not been in severe storms before. We have the balcony cleared off. Will take the dogs to the park this evening for a walk. This maybe TMI but Mallory may have to use our bathroom on Monday night for her trip out.

No problem Teamubr ... I think the most important link will be the power outage link. It's absolutely amazing that 75% of the power is out in Miami-Dade county currently and it will only get worse as the storm moves up the state. Like I said earlier, we were out of power for nearly 2 weeks post 1995 Hurricane Opal. Gulf Power is our provider and they had armies of "other" power companies helping to restore power in the Florida panhandle. Fortunately, there were two gas stations very near our hospital and the power company got power to that area very quickly. I was able to get gas there for my 5.5kw generator and continue to feed it about 5 gallons per day.

We now have a natural gas whole house generator :yay:

Glad our trip isn't for a couple more weeks but all the waiting with this hurricane is the hard part. We're expecting TS force winds on Monday now; which is a lot better then the Cat 3 hurricane we were expecting. Hopefully things don't get too bad down south and Irma doesn't pull a Charlie on us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter