Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

I'll be checking into Lake Louisa 1 week from today as long as it still exists and has power. I'll be glued to my computer all day Monday waiting for updates. It looks like Irma should pass over the Fort and Lake Louisa early AM on Monday.

It would give us 136 gallons of diesel fuel and should allow us to run from SC to the Fort and back without refueling,
As you know, I'll be coming in 2 days before you. My plan on fuel is to have enough to get to the Fort. If I don't have enough to get back to areas with power and fuel, I'll just have to extend my stay until then. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed the Fort will be open by next Saturday. I don't think WDW has ever taken a direct hit before.

j

Well, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope everyone who is either evacuating or relocating is able to do so in a smooth fashion with minimum 'bumps'.

Was especially glad to hear about the dogs. We have a Dachsie and DH says if we were there now and they didn't allow pets he'd be sleeping next to our dog at Best Friends rather than with me at whatever resort they put me in!!!

This may sound silly, but when they move you to a hotel, do you have to pay the difference if it's more expensive than your campsite?

Well, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope everyone who is either evacuating or relocating is able to do so in a smooth fashion with minimum 'bumps'.

Was especially glad to hear about the dogs. We have a Dachsie and DH says if we were there now and they didn't allow pets he'd be sleeping next to our dog at Best Friends rather than with me at whatever resort they put me in!!!

This may sound silly, but when they move you to a hotel, do you have to pay the difference if it's more expensive than your campsite?
Had to get off the floor and stop laughing when I read about your Husband My wife and I were discussing the exact same issue last night and i advised her " I hope you have fun at whatever hotel they put you I'll be at Best Friends with these 3." Our big one WookieBear she refers to as "YOUR DAUGHTER"
As to paying more I believe they put you either in a value resort but those that act early have sometimes gotten a moderate

Had to get off the floor and stop laughing when I read about your Husband My wife and I were discussing the exact same issue last night and i advised her " I hope you have fun at whatever hotel they put you I'll be at Best Friends with these 3." Our big one WookieBear she refers to as "YOUR DAUGHTER"
As to paying more I believe they put you either in a value resort but those that act early have sometimes gotten a moderate

Yeah, I told DH that all he needs is one of those 'flat caps' and he'll officially be 'that old man with that little dog'. (Don't tell him, but I find it makes my heart swell just a bit to see the love he has for our little rescue Dachsie. I'll bet your wife feels the same to see you with your three)

Thanks for the answer. I was thinking it may be worth a hurricane to find oneself relocated to the Grand Floridian at no extra cost! Guess that doesn't happen!

Hey I resemble that remark about flat cap only I call it my Irish Walking hat. As for GF upgrade on my DW's second trip we stayed at AKL club level and she hated it. The 2 beds took up all the room had to lay on the bed just to watch TV

Thought of something today while I was at work. When I got home I told DW we better take some extra money with us just in case we need to buy new camping gear.
As most of you know, we have a storage unit just 20 minutes from the Fort. Yes, it is in a cinder block unit but it has a tin roof. Also got a notice from the storage company with there operating hours and updates when they reopen.

Stay safe. Will be praying for everyone there.

Sorry if I am repeating others' postings but never too many warnings to people like me who don't read every page sometimes, but Disboards did report just today as part of their Irma update "Disney has stated that Fort Wilderness Cabins and Campground will close beginning Saturday afternoon. " Be safe and vigilant everyone.

We are actually still here in the Fort (with apparently about 10 others!), and we have gotten 2 notes, a phone call, and a knock on the door this evening by the staff, all making sure we are ok and that we know they are closing at 2:00 tomorrow. Since tomorrow was our original checkout day anyway, we just stayed. It's not our first hurricane.

On the upside, the internet is fantastic when no one is here. :-)

We just went thru Harvey! My prayers are with everyone in the path of horrible Irma. You can replace your stuff, but not your lives. Please don't forget your 4 legged children. Breaks my heart that people go & leave their animals behind who don't know what to do in hight winds & water. God's speed with all of Florida & their guests!! If possible, please keep us informed of your safety!

Just a random thunk Has anyone been in contact with The Rusty Scupper He lives in the greater Orlando area and with still recovering from his accident hope he and Mrs Scupper are both safe

This morning is bringing good news to WDW, but bad to our West Florida friends. It looks like the expected hard right turn is being delayed a bit.

48 more hours.

j

If it takes Disney two years from start to finish in a single ride (Snow White Mine Train). I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to rebuild a single park.

This morning is bringing good news to WDW, but bad to our West Florida friends. It looks like the expected hard right turn is being delayed a bit.

48 more hours.

j
Jim looking like landfall and east movement may be near Tampa and that puts it just west of WDW Praying for friends in the area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter